2.0 PvP Preview

There are a lot more options in 2.0 to freeze. Right now the best method is Bone Dragon or a 10 mana costing Ice Witch. In the next kingdom, you will have the options of:

• A 5 mana cost freeze spell.
  • 2x and 3x skull damage to frozen troops
  • Freeze on 4x and 5x gem matches
  • A spell that freezes all enemies, which uses yellow mana so this troop + Mercy will be a full freeze cast.
3 Likes

I am aware, doesn’t change the fact that people go by killspeed, and rather take a team that kills Goblins fast instead of a team that disables them and is slower.

This is a very valid statement and I wish there was some countermeasure to this, as it makes it so that the only team experimentation is to look for speed.

I would love some kind of bonus and point feature so that you could equate a speed deck doing more battles to a slower deck that takes longer but does more thing.

Something like:
Powers used = 2 x 100 = 200
Troops devoured =
Troops entangled =
Troops (all other effects do the same kinda thing)
True damage

Etc Etc with each thing giving bonus gold/trophies/whatever so that you can play longer time decks and still equal the rewards of quicker decks.

2 Likes

Exactly this.

My favorite part of GoW is deck building. There is such a large variety of abilities and character types that I’m in heaven. However, I find that since I’ve exited the noob stage and look toward game progress that I’m gravitating towards the same cliche meta teams that are ubiquitous. And really, it is a shame that so many troops are ignored because there are only a small subset of cards that guarantee a speedy end to a match. I think the situation will get worse when the new PVP system comes out, and people will have to power through far more matches to reach rank 1.

A bonus for skills used would be nice.

I agree that I think it will get worse. The sad part about it is people will ignore features like frozen as they get added because it doesnt speed up their game.

3 Likes

I don’t mind when games take a while, but I do mind not having control over that length. I am quite happy if people build invade decks that rely on the frozen effect (since I will never interact with those teams), but I really dislike seeing it on defense teams.

Yup, I fully expect Goblins will come back. They’re a cheap way to build a defense team that many people are likely to skip, and will have a relatively high win rate as well.

I’m sure that’s not true for the end-gamers, since Infernal King builds will probably be super strong, but I think it will be true for everyone else.

That said, I’m guessing we’ll also see a lot more Summons teams than we do currently. Unclear how good they’ll be, but folks will at least want to try them.

2 Likes

What does the frozen effect do? I’ve never seen it really do anything.

@HKdirewolf, if the frozen troop matches 4+ gems of their mana color the extra turn gets nullified.

1 Like

Hmm interesting. Thank you very much.

It does 3 things, all associated with stopping extra turns:

• A frozen troop cannot gain an extra turn if its ability provides an automatic extra turn
  • Matching 4x and 5x gems of a frozen troop’s mana color will not result in an extra turn.
  • If the first lead troop of a team is frozen, 4x and 5x skull matches do not result in an extra turn.
8 Likes

@Tacet, why couldn’t you simply add what I left out instead of repeating what I had already said? How about putting your money where your mouth is and get the guild some trophies! Instead of trying to make your guild mates look like fools with your condescending nature!

Sorry @Macawi, but I was not trying to be condescending. I was just giving them the full description of what frozen does.

1 Like

I think this would be a good time to Let It Go.

ducks

9 Likes

Have you no shame at all??

Admit it, you’re humming the song to yourself now.

2 Likes

Nope. Watching something else I enjoyed more, got that music going.

hmm, no offense nor want involved in whatever that above was, but I found @Tacet explanation little more detailed. :slight_smile:
now I will duck like @Lyya
/running away to hide

2 Likes

Cant wait to see it, myself. Is it someone that we know from the board, or is it someone hidden far away in the mountains of Mongolia that will be on the top… :wink:

5 Likes