2.0 PvP Preview

Nooooooooooo! Now that song IS stuck in my head.

That was just cruel.

I shall launch back a salvo of an equally irritating tune with a side of Darth:

2 Likes

That’ll prevent MOST Guilds from doing this. The top Guilds can pretty much do whatever they want in this game.

1 Like

I missed this in watching the video, so thanks for pointing this out.

The big thing about this I feel (at least for those not in the top x% of guilds) is not having the luxury of avoiding defense teams you don’t like, meaning we might see “safer” invade teams rather than faster/riskier ones. Sure you can spend 5 gems, but that’s also half a gem chest, or 1% of a 500 gem armour if you don’t have that yet. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

What? Skip tax turning from 10 gold to 5 gems? Meanwhile starting a bad battle will cost things? Read my lips, there will be a major outrage.

You didn’t watch the video. For ranked battles the skip cost is 5 gems. For casual battles it is 50 gold. So more expensive than 10 gold, but hardly punitive.

1 Like

@Pasa I am pretty sure closing and opening the game will set new players just like it does now. Currently it is not worth restarting the game since the repick cost is so low. At 5 gems for a ranked reset, I imagine a lot of people would restart the game to avoid it. I probably won’t since 5 gems is basically nothing to me, so spending those 5 gems saves about 15 seconds. The option of restarting would probably work for those that find the 5 gem repick too steep a price.

Remember folks win or lose it is just a game. I for one am glad the quit loophole is finally closed as I always feel bad when I use it (lol)

3 Likes

Yeah, I use it some too. Some because of game freezing from glitch, others were from forgetting I had warlord IV on, the few others were misclicks that cause the enemy team to steamroll me. :stuck_out_tongue:

My favorite part about it is I can make strong, extremely long lasting, troll defend decks. :imp:

1 Like

Me too, but IMO that will invoke the losses too. If not, then the gem skip tax will be the idiot tax really.

For the majority of players 5 gems is a huge deal. Also attached to a “bad” message, like “insert another half-buck to suck again”.

I recall in MPQ the 10 ISO skip tax was the most hated feature (or one of he many O,O) what still maps to gold here. I can’t even imagine the impact if it was in premium currency.

IUC the players will also be more motivated to post all those annoying defenses, so chances the offer is not impressive pretty high, and an expensive skip will probably drop a clone of it unless repeated several times. If the aim is to make the PvP branch serving just a few hundred hardcores, it is the way to do it.

1 Like

Why is everyone sitting in this thread and posting when they should be evaluating how the AI plays certain Troops and building the best possible Defense team?

When the Consoles get this, I’m going for a full team of Mana-cyclers (Jarl Firemantle, Venoxia, etc.) and laughing at everyone who has to sit there while the AI drops cascade after cascade on them!

2 Likes

I would be doing this, but I’m missing out on some of the higher tier troops to effectively build some teams. I’ve been playing with some teams involving my hero, (and posted about it, though no responses) as I feel like they can play a decent role, especially at lower levels, or if people don’t have many/any legendaries. But there is only so much to be done with a limited number of troops.

I’m really interested to try and build a team that the AI can use effectively. Just need access to more troops…

1 Like

Until the next kingdom freezes them with all the freeze spells, reversing whatever buildup you have for the enemy. :wink:

When 2.0 comes out, everything will have a counter except for mana drain and devour.

Yet nobody uses the counter system.

Don’t forget, since Consoles are behind, next Update we will probably get the new Treasure Hunt, new PvP, Hero classes and Drifting Sands/Blighted Lands and probably nothing else. IF there’s a third Kingdom (the new one for you), it’ll be a solid 2-3 months before it comes out plus another month until the bottom 98% of players even get the Troops/Traits needed to counter a Mana-cycling team.

2 Likes

Agree, I was just pointing out what I saw in the video.

However, the devs will most likely point out that it has remained a small gold cost to skip when playing in ‘Casual’ mode, and only costs gems when playing in ‘Rank’ mode. They would then explain that you have the option of easy, medium & hard options.

The fun will come when the game gives me @dhjl, @MrSammy & @esslee to choose from, as my easy / medium / hard options respectively… :scream:

2 Likes

No clue what MrSammy and Esslee have as defend, but dnjl’s is very easy. All you have to do is use true damage against it. He uses Knight Coronet - Stone Statue - Deep Borer - Stone Statue.

That’s why he is the ‘easy’ option of the three. I don’t know why Esslee has Stone Giant in 4th position (maybe she expects the AI to play it differently), her team would be more scary with a different fourth troop (IMO).

I play everyone on Warlord IV or Warlord III, so winning these isn’t my biggest concern given people have said difficulty is disappearing from PvP in 2.0.

My biggest concern is that without the 3 - 3.25x factor on Gold for PvP battles, that accumulating gold for Guild Tasks will become much more difficult.

It is somewhat being removed. It is being removed from Arena and PvP. Gold PvP farming will be a lot lower compared to people fighting on warlord 3/4, but should be slightly higher for those who do normal/hard.

2 Likes

Yeah taking a 2nd look, if changing who your options are cost 5 gems, this will keep me only playing casual and arena.

2 Likes

To answer your rhetorical question - I have my lineup the way it is because I do not want to field a team that wins all the time. As it is I have a 50+ % win rate which suits me just fine. Anyway, I changed my defend team yesterday (before your post) so it is old news. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Well, “extremely long” may in many cases mean “until Hunger procs” :wink: - so not that long really in a good build :smiley:
Seriously - I’ve been using The Maw almost since it was introduced, fully traited since Rakshanin event and can’t imagine anything more deadly right now - at least in general, not against a specific enemy line-up. I guess it will be almost a must after 2.0 hits, at least until the bug is fixed, so it can’t Hunger the whole enemy team in one go…

1 Like