1.0.9 Preview Part 1 – Hero Classes

Sirrian may have turned the setting on, but in the embedded video above there is a little invisible button that let’s you turn on the CC/Subtitles. In the image below, I try to point to where the button is. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Ty very much :). I will remember that in the future.

Is the level cap being raised yet? No need to b secretive about it at this point :wink:

1 Like

not in this patch :cry:

I put my analysis and guesses about Hero Classes and the questlines needed to be completed in a little guide here:

2 Likes

Will heros still gain stats from their normal leveling? Such as:
Magic: 50, 100, 500
Life: 60, 90 200, 750
Armor: 70, 150, 400
Attack: 80, 300, 1000
If so, will it be reworked at all?

Hero stat gain from normal levels is not being changed at all

2 Likes

All Legendaries will have an unique 3rd trait, cant wait to check them out, as well as all the perks and traits for all the classes. :persevere:

There’s a few design considerations to take into account either way. It feels rewarding when a system feeds back into itself, gets faster or better the more you do it, but it can make it harder to set appropriate reward rates so that they aren’t too slow at the beginning, and aren’t too fast once you’ve invested enough into it. A flat rate means predictable growth. Since the soul costs increase with each level, or with higher-rarity troops, the relative value of the rewards decreases over time compared to systems that feed back into themselves, meaning it accelerates low-level growth, which helps newer players catch up to well-established players.

Since it looks like fighting in the arena will be worthwhile again, I’d like if the traitstones we get from those battles weren’t always earth and water (which I assume was because you enter the arena from Broken Spire).

1 Like

I think they’ve already said they’re fixing this. If not, I know it’s been raised many times.

1 Like

SO many changes! So much work to do in the WIKI…

10 Likes

Hopefully we get 50 team slots now, to partially make up for it. We needed more anyway, but now need EVEN MORE!!! Would be good if it doesn’t let you select the team with a different defence class, giving you an error.

I agree this sounds like a worry… Will the UI help us here? I’m assuming that the Hero class is set globally (as it shows on the map screen and picks up experience from battles etc whether the hero fights or not) and so any team with the hero in it will get the current (global) class… Which will make it hard to design more than one effective use of the hero at once… Reducing variety rather than increasing it, perhaps…? @Sirrian?

1 Like

When I started making guides back in February of last year, I stopped updating them in May because it became too much work to keep up. xD

At least with the wiki you will easily be able to find people to assist.

1 Like

I guess it doesn’t seem logical to have the hero’s class set at the time you put it in the defence and different from it’s icon on the map. But it would prevent people from accidentally setting flawed defense teams. @Sirrian Easiest solution?

Yes, the Hero’s class is Global.
There really wasn’t a good solution that allowed us to set a class on a per-team basis without making the Team Creation menu too complex.
Okay… that’s not entirely true… I can think of some good solutions without too much difficulty, and so can you guys & gals, I’m sure. A more accurate way of saying that would be: There really wasn’t a good solution available for it given our time contraints, budget, & programming resources for 1.0.9. It’s something we might address some time after 2.1 if it proves to be a problem.

2 Likes

AWSOME !!!
Mr @actreal
Thanks for the effort puttong that 2gether

I dont use more than 10 team slots .
I guess you could put 3 units that work with a certain heros class. Then you can just move the hero in when in that class .
Name the team whatever class its built for.
P.s. sry for multiple short replies in a row…guess i need to read the forum how to lol
:smiling_imp:
@penguinblender you cheater :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Oops replied wrong spot. Was talkin bout lookin in the steam folders lol

@Sirrian - is the left arrow gonna work on the hero armor so i can go from celestial to dragon without going through all of them?

3 Likes