Your Best Team & Strategies

I’m using:
Chimera
Alchemist
Green seer
Chimera

Cheap and quick, with entangle, burn, and Poison!

1 Like

With the new “Defeat 8 enemy troops with your hero’s weapon.” task, I am having a heck of a time getting a viable team together to efficiently accomplish this. You HAVE to kill the troop with the weapon, any other combo doesn’t count (like having participated in combat with your weapon just doesn’t cut it any more… Man, I miss that bug now). I have put this team together as a slow slug-it-out option that lets you get that needed hit in most of the time.

Banner of Progress +1 Red +1 Yellow
Crude Club
Celestasia
Warhound
Goblin Shaman

It’s slow, but your Hero doesn’t die and dishes out the beet-soup when needed.

@Antasius

I’ve been using the Green Mana bow that deals 8 True Damage with Lady Saphira, Crimson Bat and Wolf Knight. I use the Zaejin or Forest of Thorns banner.

I think the key here is to use a cheap weapon - so it’s available when you need it. I favor troops that spread damage - but there are plenty of interesting & viable combinations.

90%+ win rate

Gorgotha
Sheggra
Carnex
Behemoth

Only lose to AI getting ridiculous luck or having a similar team all mythic level 20 with traits.

My concept of an ideal quick play team? That would be 2 mana generators that Feed each other while providing damage and board control. Preferably not legendaries since they take too long to power up. The main reason why All-legendary teams never worked out for me is I’ve been getting a bug where my guild bonus drops down to 0% mana.

I went and test drove Talia’s true damage Valkyrie team from the other thread:
Venoxia
Crimson Bat
Valkyrie
Wolf Knight

…and that one works rather well. Wolf Knight does targeted damage after the Bat has napalmed everyone, and Valk can power up both Venoxia and the Bat. It worked despite two of my troops only being Level 9.

What I’d really is a fast Valkyrie team that can also complete the challenge “Use 4 troops of the same mana type.”

This is kind of tough considering you’ll need Red/Blue or Yellow/Red Troops to make sure Valkyrie isn’t just there for Souls and can actually provide Mana to use.

I love building Teams, so I’ll look into this and post my best find shortly.

How about:

Gorgon
Alchemist
Valkyrie
Crimson Bat

Gorgon’s Stoneskin and Fire Heart will keep it alive, and Brown will feed Alchemist, for yellow for Valkyie, whose blue goes to the bat. Of course, the overlap of brown with Gorgon and Alchemist isn’t ideal.

EDIT: Could also try:

Gorgon
Carnex
Valkyrie
Crimson Bat

Carnex can act as a mana battery for valk and the bat, and has Armored and Impervious that can help tank if Gorgon goes splat.

1 Like

@Lyya No Gorgon (yet) for Console

I was thinking;

Carnex
Crimson Bat
Valkyrie
Wight
with the Pridelands (Red/Red) banner

Nice team builds. I don’t have Carnex so I can’t give them a whirl… teardrop
Gorgon from Wild Plains looks good though.

If you have Knight Coronet’s Stoneskin, you could go for a yellow build:

Knight Coronet***
Paladin**
Valkyrie***
Sparkgrinder or Sunweaver or Cockatrice**

Sparkgrinder and Sunweaver can heal the Knight if needed or else buff the Paladin for his nuke. Cockatrice can provide some defense and gives one more Air Link to make filling all those yellow troops easier. Cockatrice also doesn’t overlap with any of the other troops like Sparkgrinder and Sunweaver would.

Note: I haven’t tried any of these builds, just throwing out ideas.

1 Like

Unfortunately i have not seen sunweaver yet on console :(.

Sunweaver is a part of the wild plains kingdom and will be available when it is released

So far my best team is, I know its simple and alot of people run it.
Knight Coronet**
Valk
Rowanne
Hero with Prismatic

I am trying to run another team:
Hero
Goblin
Keeper of souls
Sparkgrinder

A great Team to use now post-Update is my Goblin Team;

Boar Rider
Goblin Rocket*
Goblin Shaman**
Goblin***
[all Legendary and at level 19]
with the Zhul’Kari banner (Green/Purple)

I can go whole matches without giving control back to the enemy Team. If I charge a Troop on the first turn, I can go the whole game on that single turn about half the time.

EDIT: Great to use for the “Use 4 Troops of the same race” Task, but Rocket is a Construct so it’s not a 4 Marauder Team. I hope Hobgoblin can be a good replacement for Rocket so I can satisfy two Tasks with a single Team.

Many have asked “Is it better to run Goblin Rocket, or Hobgoblin?”

Both deal some random damage, and give another turn. Hobgoblin gives more damage, and you can predict a bit better who will be hurt. But Goblin Rocket gives mana back via gem explosion…

Both are very common teams. Both are very fun, and super annoying to fight!

I love this part of his Spell and I use it to specifically fill half-full Troops and keep the Goblin chain going.

Why not both?

Probably because Goblin,Boar Rider and Shamaan is too important for this team? :slight_smile:

1 Like

i sadface use gob king