Worst Thing That's Ever Happened to Game

The lack of a decent reward for Defense wins is basically why we have no Defense variety on the PC side. So while intention was good, the result is a huge downfall and wasn’t worth it.

how do you imagine variety would bring a higher chance for defense victory? thats opposite to logic. the strongest meta gives best victory chance and following the strongest meta leads to less variety.

I find unfamiliar teams perform better on Defense, so variety definitely has the potential for more wins. There’s just no incentive.

And half of all Defense wins from meta teams are quits, so not really winning battles anyway.

i actually find teams like khorvash manticore valk mab hardest to beat, while some uncommon combination with lets say keeper of souls or bone dragon, etc not really. i do not know how much you play to be still getting cought with unfamiliar teams but they would just work on the early/mid till players get more experience? and i think actually there is enough of drive to still attempt to set best defense coz ppl stick to ‘winning’ idea even when it is useless on its own they just dont feel comfortable with the loosing xD

1 Like

Agree.
I think the focus of devs should be on encouraging players to get variety in invade teams.

All I can say is I get a fair amount of Defense wins using my technique. I rotate in more common, top-notch teams as well, but the oddball or two has great success. An example is: Knight Coronet*** / Treant*** / Carnex*** / Gorgotha***

Gets more wins than it should I think, but who else runs it? Nobody.

I saw someone running that exact lineup yesterday (and it wasn’t you). I remember that because it was my only loss. I thought I had the right lineup to overcome the stoneskin/granite skin, but then the exploders got out of control and I was in trouble.

Just do better rewards and modifiers for running anything that’s not some variant of a lame meta. Problem solved. Manticore modifier should be -50% health, -50% attack, and -50% spell damage right now just to get the ball rolling.:beer:

1 Like

Maybe you could just use the counters you’ve already been given. Everything has a hard counter to it anymore, use them instead of complaining.

1 Like

Also how are you going to determine how often is a troop used. There are 20.000 players and every player uses 4 troops. We would need 80.000 troops in order for troops not to repeat.
You are complaining about same defense team, I beat you use at least 1 of those troops if not all of them. There are a lot of troops but not so many to see much diversity. There’s simply no reason someone would use bunninog on defense. .

Maybe we should just ditch all but the 10 troops that everyone seems to adore and be done with it.

Best. Game. Ever.

1 Like

It feels like the 2.0 update has made everyone much more fixated on rankings, and less on having fun and experimenting with interesting comps.

I’m not really sure why. Only a small handful of people will get the ranked rewards, so it seems like it should be irrelevant to most people. Why so much emphasis on min/maxing these days?

8 Likes

I kind of feel the same. Guilds were always after the trophy horse, but there’s almost an obsession with winning quickly now that I don’t recall being there in the past. Selective memory, perhaps, but sometimes I really do miss the more easygoing atmosphere of “cap and pretend I’m the best player on the planet” that we had before PvP score. Much less salty, I feel.

5 Likes

It surely seems like the forum environment was generally less salty pre-2.0 update.

2 Likes

A bit of a victim of its own success as well. The game seems to continue to grow.

please tell me what counters a extra time that i have to waste playing against manticore? coz that is my main concern not the win/loss ratio against them

@Sirrian is what counters the time waste.

1 Like

thank you Sirrian! well with that i am fine with current meta =)
but sure id like more diversity in pvp, luckily Sirrian has some tricks up the sleeve even about that :smiley:

If you consider playing against a standard troop a waste of time, then I have no help to offer you other than to suggest you may be happier doing something else entirely. This is without a doubt the most self-pitying complaint I have ever heard in these forums, and having been here since the beginning, I have heard a lot. Waste of time? What exactly do you expect? Thirty second matches, all victories? Get real.

2 Likes

manticore often can basically double the time a fight takes, without really changing much of the odds on win/loss. but yeah that was pre nerf