I just have to say that mana denial cards are the WORST
thing that has ever happened to this game.
They are literally the very definition frustrating. Look it up in the dictionary;
Verb 1. prevent (a plan or attempted action) from progressing, succeeding, or being fulfilled.
I just want to point out that it’s 100 percent predictable that
if you make cards that are the very definition of “frustrating” that it’s not
going to be fun for players.
And these cards are now completely dominating the meta-game; at least at the
high level end-game.
Tard_Carnival made a post discussing this and said, “Fights
involving Mantikhorvash proved easy yet tedious, with constant yet
unthreatening setbacks. A combination of Mab’s control-denying third trait and
Manticore’s inexplicably low casting cost meant dealing with prolonged periods
of boredom and the frustration of taking a futile turn.”
And I have to agree with this!
Manicure, Emperor Khorvash, Famine are the big three.
Spirit Fox, Morthani’s Will, Psion are also potentially annoying and
From what I can tell this is what happened;
- The devs have started introducing more and more powerful cards to drive
income on chest spending. These more powerful cards include the apocalyptic
cards and more recently new weekly legendries. It probably started with The Great
- These new overpowering cards needed to be nerfed but nerfing something you
already gave a player tends to upset them. So instead of nerfing and balancing
the game, the devs started introducing “counter cards”.
- Counter cards started being mana denial cards. It started with spirit fox
but he was little too weak.
- Counter cards were given empowered so they start with full mana or have low mana cost.
- New status effects are added to the game as further counters such as web and
- Manicore and Emperor Khovash introduced as further counter-cards.
- Counter cards are now completely dominating the meta-game.
- Devs are continuing to introduce new overpowered cards to drive chest
This is vicious cycle and I just see this problem getting
worse. More overpowered cards and then more frustrating counter cards.
Overpowered cards just need to be balanced and nerfed
instead introducing more cards that meet the definition of frustration.
I’ve played this game every day for almost two years and at this point I’ve
played more 1000 hours but I am actually starting to lose interest at this