Worst Thing That's Ever Happened to Game

is it possible to add a bigger penalty for quitting match? i mean as of: if you dont loose with all of your units dead but loose by any other mean then you get extra points penalty? that could do it… Or add an actualy extra reward for wins done with an additional struggle then there would at least be a point to not quit unbeneficial match…

Btw, having not been around before the 2.0 updates, my biggest and loudest complaint is the glitch that presents ‘low total teams’ that are really not by any stretch of any calculation low totals. I spend more gems to get teams that are ‘not bots, not glitches’ so I can play. And I really don’t like the Defending team game - given what I have seen in my logs. The ratio of losses compared to my winning as a player is disproportional. I loose more on Defending instead of being more close to my PVP winning ratio.

I know I won’t get into the top 20k given all things, but It is a good way to get stuff quickly so I can beef up my teams.

Why would you do that when you don’t know what will happen?

I’ve had some matches that looked hopeless after the first few rounds and then the AI inexplicably passes on the coup de grace, allowing me to win.

Never quit. There’s too many ways to win in this game, including pure luck.

2 Likes

What about encouraging rotational variety using in game mechanics and the Weekly event. For the week all Kingdom bonuses of that particular featured Kingdom are doubled. This would at least help with encouraging a rotation of the “meta”. Some players would keep what they have but many others might think about altering their team each week.

This week its PRIDELANDS:
Lord of Cats (2 Troops): +2 Attack
Duke of Cats (3 Troops): +6 Attack
King of Cats (4 Troops): +10 Attack

Tribute on Pridelands doubled: 400 Gold, 16 Glory, 48 Souls. 40% Chance
Gem Mastery +20 Red for Pridelands
Skill bonus +4 Attack Pridelands (5 Star)

honestly - time. I play during breaks - during the day time as a way to break up my design mode. And to get some of my frustration out. Anything that clearly is going to take 3-5 minutes or more (I did one that after the 13th thrall being generated by the Dark Master) I just gave up. And yes, that one if I kept going could have possibly won…

:ghost:

1 Like

If they were to up the souls bonus for enemies defeated, which many people have suggested to reduce the dependence on Valkyrie, it would make matches like that one WORTH the time.

2 Likes

I’m in favor of improving team synergies across the board, not limited by time.

I think if people got a REAL tangible bonus for grouping together certain troops, it would discourage at least some of the min/max stuff going on.

1 Like

@Sirrian

Not try to offend you. Perhaps my post seems harsh but that’s because I find the new top meta-game to honestly be frustrating and I’m honestly frustrated.

There is nothing wrong with you guy making money and nothing wrong with implementing Mythic and Legendary cards to increase chest spending.

Ultimately though the points I am trying to make though are;

1. There really is such thing as an overpowered card that results in a dominate handful of cards controlling the meta-game. This makes less diversity.
  2. Mana draining cards are frustrating by definition.
  3. Nurfing and Buffing to balance cards is OK. You use to do it a lot more often than you do now. Many updates had considerable balance changes.
2 Likes

It’s like nobody remembers Webspinner, or Goblins, or anything else that occurred before The Great Maw.

3 Likes

And here I was clicking this thread expecting it to be about how bad the task system changes were.

Here’s hoping the new console devs take a hard look at fixing it!

2 Likes

this is a pc/mobile thread xD

Don’t know about pc and mobile matching system is the same then console, people keep saying there is no variety but it’s not 100% true. It look like it cause we are matched against the same 15-20 people so when you do tons of pvp you will often be matches 2 fight in a row against the same guy.

Also when you change your invasion team you are matched agaisnt specific defense team , as exemple if i use maw IK mercy and sheegra, i will be matched 90% of the time against hight armor team (knights) but if you change your offense team you will be matched against another kind of team. I would just fix the matching system so we could play anyone and not only the same 15-20 person and i think we will see more variety

1 Like

The only problem I see with this idea is that the AI doesn’t play some troops very well. In other words, if I use Keeper of Souls on my invade team, he does well under my control. However, he is abysmal on defense under the control of the AI. So, it seems as if the revenged person would usually get a loss in this case since most invade teams include troops that only the player uses well.

5 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking.

Very valid but I think for the sake of variety it would be worth it. The affect it had on rewards would need to be carefully managed

Yes, I’m one of the people that would like more variety. So, I’m all for them trying some new things to make that happen. But, they would really have to be careful with the point deduction. Nothing puts me in a bigger rage in this game more than losing substantial points on defense losses that I don’t control.

1 Like

This. When the team bonuses were introduced, for the most part the bonuses still meant something. Now, with power creep and a larger pool of cards and a higher chance of synergy between non-matching types, those team bonuses just don’t really cut it anymore. I mean, bonuses are bonuses, but facing the highly crafted “min/max” teams that have come into use, plus all the ascension etc bonuses, it just becomes a drop in the bucket.

Perhaps a scaled team bonus - improved team bonuses when certain star ranks are reached, for example, or levels reached. Something! The team bonuses were such a great idea, I wish they had more relevance in this current meta.

I don’t think that is true - you don’t select your invade team until after the opponent is selected.

I agree on your first paragraph though. It’s just a matter of relatively few people having played in the last little while at your approximate level, so you tend to get the same people coming up. I think this is especially true later in the week when the casual players have done their PVP runs and aren’t in the pool anymore.

2 Likes

I also wouldn’t mind seeing the defending team picked randomly from one of my 20 teams. I guess this could be abused with top PvP players having all 20 teams the same, and I know this probably wouldn’t be popular with them, but it would add a lot of variety.

Even if this ability would be some per player flag, like I can set my defending team to “Random” to increase diversity, while PvP players that want a stronger defense could set one team.

every time i switch my team cause i want to beat a specific team, i always get matched against another kind of team

i know you can switch your team after been matched but it look like the last team you play with as something to do with the matching