Woe is Me (Weekly Event Post)

WOE IS ME

New Epic Troop: Herald of Woe

Herald of Woe will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Lockstone

This week it will be available in both the Event shop, and in the Soulforge.

World Event: Locked On

There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: Gor’Thum, Fel’Dras, Gar’Nok, Sol’Zara, Shade of Zorn, and Gargantaur. This event has 3 Phases:

• Phase 1 – The first 2 battles are the only available battles to play, and have an equal chance of appearing. Players will need to win 15 battles here to progress to the next phase.
  • Phase 2 – The first 4 battles are the only available battles to play, and have an equal chance of appearing. Players will need to win 15 battles here to progress to the next phase.
  • Phase 3 – All 6 battles are now available with an equal chance of appearing. This phase continues until the end of the event.

Scoring
You can find the following rewards for each of the different battles you may encounter.

• Gor’Thum: 2 Orc Skulls
  • Fel’Dras: 2 Orc Skulls
  • Gar’Nok: 4 Orc Skulls
  • Sol’Zara: 4 Orc Skulls
  • Shade of Zorn: 6 Orc Skulls
  • Gargantaur: 6 Orc Skulls

An Orc Skull is worth 1 point.

2 Likes

More unnecessary new World Event mechanics :frowning_face:

Infernal Invasion in July had the same “6 random choices” model, and the scores ended up with an average of 7.3-7.4 per battle, the statistical average of (4,6,6,8,8,12).
If “average” is enforced here with scripted RNG, then the points on offer are

30 points from first 15 battles
~45 points from next 15 battles
~4 points from each of the remaining battles

Pick the highest value battle each time.

Predicting 7,500 total points required for Stage 12 rewards if average T2 buy is the design goal. Will return to update once event is live

8,000 points for Stage 12 rewards
   267 points per member in 30-strong guild
Tier 3 buy required to reach 267 (Tier 2 range: 230 - 260)
Tier 4 recommended for the new weapon
3 Likes

A blossom reference would have been better.

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

At least this time we have 1 type of collectibles worth 1 point each and the battle choice is simply: Highest Rarity > Lowest Level. All the phase 1,2,3 mechanics can basically be ignored.

No random 1.18x RNG bullcrap either. So actually I think this World Event scoring is as simple as we can hope for really.

3 Likes

Woe is the player as usual in the tasks they have to do or pass with gems. Seriously 15 pvp nonsense. Summon 9 troops. Respect your player base. Woe indeed. Even worse win 8 arena battles - utter gaming nonsense to play a broken part of the game. Shameful task design.

Really? of all things? 15 PvP in 7 days is too much? 9 summons, something that’d take maybe 90 seconds tops?

Give me more of that; I rather not have to use my Vault Keys before Heart of Rage is in the drop pool, even if it is just 1 Vault Key.

Even getting annoyed at finding 5 Gargantaur would make more sense than the 2 you listed…

22 Likes

Use Skeleton Key/Egg Thief team while doing pvp. 2 birds 1 stone.

5 Likes

I’m more annoyed at the “An Orc skull is worth one point” comment. I would think mine is worth a lot more than that. Good luck trying to collect it tho.

Chunky is da biggest and da baddest :axe::rage::shield:

7 Likes

With no mention of “phases” in-game, the vast majority of players are going to think the event is broken because they only get the 2 skulls reward for the first 15 battles.

I don’t mind the complexity of the scoring, but I’m baffled that it has been implemented with no in-game explanation.

14 Likes

Anyone on PC leaderboard reached 267 points yet? If so, how many battles?

As of this moment there are several people tied at 72 battles won and 230 points.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but would Tier 2 = about 66 total battles for the week?

Looking to me like Tier 4 minimum required from 30 members to complete event. Maybe Tier 3?

We have reached out limit of orc skull ashtrays. Not much else you can do with them. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Perhaps you would be interested in some Alliance shields we’ve recently acquired; never been shattered and only dropped once.

I think we also have few sparkling pony pelts around here somewhere…now where did I put those…probably under all the Tauros hides.

So…

image \

Phew, was THAT a tough event this week, although a bit short in length. :rofl:

9 Likes

Even shorter if use do the any% speedrun strats. Saves multiple clicks using this menu instead.

7 Likes

Yaaaay! So. Devs are basically trying to push us spending more gems again for more sigils. Why? Because the Gargantaur CAN (depending on RNGesus) only appear from phase 3. And coincidentally we need to kill 5 of them for the campaign. So a bunch of people (probably newer players) will just buy the sigils without thinking to get Gargantaur battles early in the week.

Luckily, people that are playing for longer already are smart and kind enough setting up easy defense teams with him so we can just tell the devs “nice try, but no free gems for you” while spamming the refresh button in casual PvP. Actually i had all 5 after 20 refreshes or so, which was a good 1k gold deal.

These techniques are really disgusting me more and more actually. It’s a shame.

3 Likes

This forum has become a den of conspiracy theorists, I swear.

4 Likes