Wishlist (Wall of Text)

I think we have a whole thread on Soul Farming teams people use.

My base to the team is Valkyrie/Soothsayer, as I like the + magic and charge ability of Soothsayer. Pretty much any combo with those I’d hit 20+ souls.

I did have a Brian soul farming team, but with the cap at 60, it just wasn’t worth the effort.

There are actually several, amongst them, this one which is pretty complete:

It’d be nice to keep this thread free of third-party discussions.

Wow, this thread exploded while I was at work today. Great discussion guys!

In particular, I think the percentage buffs rather than numeric buffs is an interesting concept. However, I am wondering if it will make the difficulty percentage buffs (Warlord I etc) more confusing. I mean, would you add the percentages together, or would you take one percentage, then take the other? Which would count first? They’ll result in different numbers if they’re taken separately, I think. Sadly I’m not much of a math person, but I’m sure those of you who are understand what I’m trying to say.

Also, I knew I had forgotten to mention something from the OP:

THIS. This is a wonderfully unique idea, and I would like to see more of this discussed. Perhaps balancing some good buffs with some debuffs might make you reconsider a team build. They would have to be ubiquitous, though, and of course it should make sense. Undead troops get life debuffs, beasts get armor debuffs, etc. I think having a system where you have to weigh the benefits and the drawbacks would make team building waaaaay more interesting.

Or, alternatively, perhaps this is a way that we could discourage 3x or 4x troop builds. Give them one quite large buff in a single stat so it still has some merit, but debuffs instead in the other ones they would normally get. So, for example, is the larger than normal attack buff worth the loss of armor or life? Could still be a quick and dirty team, but fragile.

Ah, that’s not actually what I meant! I’m talking about the uneven distribution of the stats from level 10 kingdoms and what modifications I’d make. Positive/negative team buffs is something else entirely…

Herp derp, guess that’s what I get for relying on my memories of muzzy morning-brain and not actually rereading the whole section. Ah well, I agree with your actual meaning anyway. But I also still think that some team debuffs could be interesting! Let’s say you, er, inspired my thought above :sweat_smile:

In terms of a wishlist:

1. The change from soul-kingdom-leveling to gold-kingdom-leveling has resulted in the ‘team’ feel of guilds dissipating as most people under Lvl300 focus all their attention on saving up gold to get kingdom bonuses. Before you could spend gold on iron keys, but with limited return, so most people contributed actively. Without a guild sense of purpose, the interest of this game (to me) reduces significantly. Please introduce a lever to bring the sense of guild back.

2. Introduce a way to ‘max level’ a character with available souls in one step, rather than ‘train’, ‘ok’, ‘ok’ 15 times!

3. Introduce a puzzle/game (such as treasure hunt) that can be done off-line. By not having this, you force me to try out competing products when I’m on a plane (or in a place without data connectivity).

4. Tried the different warlord levels, the boost in gold & experience & souls for all the extra effort is just not worth it. The games last much longer trying to knock-off all those HPs and a bigger chance of losing. I get a better total return for less time spent by winning two games at normal level than 1 game at Warlord IV level. Suggest the bonus increments should be more closely linked to monster stat increases, and incorporate arrmour bonuses.

1 Like

Absolutely correct on #1, #2 I know is being put in the 1.0.8 patch. #3 is trickier. #4 has been argued before, I’ve sort of accepted (personally) that those difficulties are there for challenge rather than efficiency but wouldn’t mind seeing the numbers change either.

Just quickly, with regards to gold for guilds & kingdoms… we plan to address this from the Guild side rather than the kingdom side. We had a guild update planned - and still DO have one planned - unfortunately it got pushed back to 2016 while we focused on the current changes.

The Guild change should hopefully be a COMPLETE overhaul of many of the Guild Systems, with lots of new cool toys to play with, but we’ll have more on that next year!

4 Likes

What he’s saying is that the current changes pushed the guild changes to next year. So by definition, the current changes are this year. Not too long now, people…

I mean, its still some time in the next four weeks.

Brace yourselves, 1.08 is coming :smiley:

Better character creation, probably suggested before. Skin/Hair/Facial structures. Would loved to be a black lion or black fish! Not sure about the name for those characters, but one looks like a fish monster I saw in one of the X-files episodes lol :wink:

That would be nice, I also suggested having a racial bonus depending on the avatar you choose for team building purposes. The wolf can be a Beast, the lion can be a Wildfolk, the lizard a Monster for example. Also introduce additional avatars down the line that can represent all of the available troop types.

EDIT: maybe consider the idea of dual-types? Human Knight, Undead Dragon and such. I can see the danger of certain troops or teams being too powerful, but perhaps be more vulnerable to weapons that target specific troop types.

And this one may be off the wall crazy but here goes:

We have a plethora of weapons that get rarely used because there can be only one Hero w weapon in a lineup. Plus the current meta leans away from the Hero somewhat.
How about a Troop can can equip a weapon in your inventory? It could be balanced against the Hero by either having less stats, costing more mana to activate the weapon or having the rarity scale with weapon (i.e. if it’s a Rare Troop it can only equip Rare or below weapons). Maybe it can be called The Squire.

3 Likes

I definitely like the concept of hybrid types - for instance, Bone Dragon is clearly a Dragon/Undead hybrid - but having a large number of them would be overly complicated. Not to mention, bonuses would HAVE to be changed in order for this to happen, otherwise we’d have things like triple Bone Dragons picking up on 3x Khetar and 3x Dragon AND 3x Undead and that’s just over the top. So if it were only 1/10 troops (or less), and the devs went with one of the more popular suggestions for bonuses - which is to prevent them from applying to clone troops … then maybe this could happen.

As for the other suggestion - the squire I guess - well, hero weapons are already weaker counterparts (usually) due to the flexibility and the fact that the hero is almost always much bigger than other troops (and gains more magic at lvl500 IIRC so will be strong enough for those who are at that stage). With all of that in mind, having another one that is, put simply, even more gimped … not sure.

The easiest solution for bonuses with multiple troop types would be to grant only one bonus, regardless of how many troop types a troop has, i.e. its counts as only one of its types for bonuses. 3x Bone Dragon could get 3x Dragon OR 3x Undead bonus. The player could decide in the team building screen what bonus they want to apply.

Ah, the delicate balancing act of customization vs simplicity… I have not missed you. We are all in danger. We should all go now, before it gets us.

That’s gonna go in the ‘too hard’ box… multiple types isn’t gonna happen… as much as the Bone Dragon is clearly an Undead Dragon…

A big thing on my wishlist, a map multiplier. x1, x2, x5, x10. Uses that many maps and multiplies rewards by the same. i have 150+ maps but after 2 or 3 I’m just too bored to keep grinding. Then I regain them during PVP and my total never goes down.

1 Like

I really would like to see something like this. Not sure if a 1 for 1 on rewards multiplier would be the way to go or not, but the concept I am 100% behind. I personally really enjoy the treasure map mini game, but I definitely feel like it could stand to have some better rewards. I would be fine with spending a couple extra maps for that.

-Razlath

It’s a great game - it scratches the itch that has been left untouched since Puzzle Quest.

However…

The guild feature is clunky and difficult to use (at least on the XBox One). Simple controls don’t exist - for whatever reason, there is no way to see the GamerTag of the people in your guild, and the default setting for permissions to post messages on the guild activity board is set high enough that nobody can use it. That means that there is zero communication, and zero coordination in the guild. If the guild leader stops playing, then the guild is essentially dead but still taking up our gold contributions, and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. I can’t even leave my useless guild and go start my own, since there’s simply no button for “leave guild.”

The entire “Troops” menu needs to be replaced with an actual search and organize menu. Players should be able to sort by level, color, area of origin, alphabetical order, whatever.

The tasks really need to be sorted out. Since this week’s update, some tasks are now completing - but most still don’t actually give the rewards they say they’re giving. I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve completed a task and nothing happened. How many keys I’ve lost, how much gold has disappeared, how many souls have just slipped into the digital ether, I have no idea.

The game speed is fairly ridiculous now. It’s like Super Street Fighter II Turbo all of a sudden. For those of us trying to pay attention to how cascades fall (especially in treasure hunting), it’s now pretty much impossible to see what happened. Despite the quote-unquote “PVP” aspect, this is still very much a single-player game - why does the game have to go so fast? I admit it, I’m old, and I like the chill pace it was at before. If some people like it that way, why can’t it be a user-interface control so we can set it the way we want it?

Since the update, the Knight Coronet has no idea who to target half the time. It’s supposed to be the “first two enemies,” but just as often, it comes out as “first and third,” “third and fourth,” or “just the third and who knows where the other hit went.”

If I have multiple keys or treasure maps and try to use one, the number will go down by two, three, or four for every one I use. I have to use them when I have one at a time, or else I’m losing them.

Banners - the entire system of banners and bonuses from them is hopelessly complicated and not explained at all in the game. The banners aren’t even labeled, so without going to the internet for a user-created map, there’s no indication at all as to which banner you’re building a team for, except for the colors of the banners sort of relating to the color mana specialty from that area. And if you do happen to accidentally build a team with a bonus, there’s zero clue as to where it came from or when it’s applied. Considering that “trying not to alienate casual players” seems to be a common reasoning for decisions in the game, it’s bizarre to have such a secretive, powerful, and complicated system here. Honestly, I end up avoiding the entire mess and building teams based on complementary abilities, instead of doing hours of research on the internet to discover combinations that may or may not even work on the XBox anyway.