[WIP] Daily Deals - Discussion and Critique

I’m in a spending mood because I like the troop buy deals.

60k gold keys took 1 copy of an epic bounty troop to mythic.
Spent 6 blue minors getting low copy god/tower killer troops to mythic.

~1200 gems should buy the rest of my x5 legendary copies to mythic with new troop deal that only sells missing troops.

I bought one mini-mimic yesterday and three today. If they come at me with another pet offer tomorrow, I don’t know if I should feel lucky or targeted. But at least it’s better than your Crafting Riches. :smile:

2 Likes

After seeing Crafting Riches, I feel oddly poor.

3 Likes

Funny enough, I think these 50 gems per pet thing is the “micro” transaction people have been waiting for.

6 Likes

50 gems per pet is the only thing I’ve bought so far, and the only thing I see myself getting basically every chance.

For me, it’s the one bright spot in an update that was mostly meh

4 Likes

All my pets are rescues myself.

2 Likes

It’s for sure something I’ve been waiting for. Maxed pets are my only power star bottleneck at this point. So, I was waiting for some solution to that. (Frankly, I refuse to participate in the Tuesday Faction Assault farce of not only spending a horrendous amount of time pushing a delve to 2,500 but also spending a crazy amount of gems for the privilege just to max a pet.)

3 Likes

3 copies of an epic for 120 gems, or 480 to bring an epic from legendary to mythic, which is a lot cheaper than buying an event troop to mythic.

Has anyone seen the trait stone offer featured on the 4.9 content stream yet? It showed 18 Arcane trait stones with 1 celestial stone in the VIP discount section for 150 gems.

Almost had me. I’m surprised the Vault Key isn’t one that’s discounted. I would have bought it at 25% off (90 gems).

Decided to open 4 Vault Keys just to simulate what I could have paid 120 gems for:

60,000 gold, 2,500 gold, 5 diamond, 5 gems
20 gem keys, 2 minor nature traitstones, 2,500 gold, 100 souls
20 gem keys, 4,000 gold, 2,500 gold, 3 celestial traitstones
Major Orb of Wisdom, 20 gems, 5 diamonds, 2,500 gold

… 120 gems is too much uncertainty on potentially useless items (extra Cedric Sparklesacks)

This one really annoys me and I’ve had this same offer 3 days in a row now.

I’m being offered it because it knows that I haven’t finished that task… hrm, I wonder why?

Oh right, because even if I was level 50 with Barbarian, I’d still have to wait for a new troop.

12 Likes

Does anyone know when new units or pets appear in the deals?
Is here the same ~4 weeks cool down after release like it is by keys /rescues?

1 Like

Yesterday, I upgraded my treasure hoard for Sea of Sorrows from 141 to 199. I still have plenty of Treasure though.

Today I got:

New faction day and the days after, I believe I got Underworld deals.

Other days, I would get medal deals since I play explore most days…

I do my dungeons daily, so maybe if the game can’t think of anything, it tries to give me crafting deals.

I wonder if some of these deals are relevant to the actions we do the day before and not just “because we need it” to some degree.

Like I still need 2 pets (legendary guppy and an ultra rare sir botlet) to mythic, yet haven’t seen a pet deal.

Are they currently blocking on a kingdom power upgrade level you happen to be sitting on? I believe this might be the only criteria for them to appear. All pet offers so far have been middle slot and specific state this text “help (kingdom) towards power (level)”. Same goes for ingots, troops, and class xp offers. Every troop offer I’ve gotten so far is one I already had plenty of copies of, but I’ve just been lazy about ascending, I haven’t gotten an offer for one (yet) that has already ascended high enough to complete the task that I just haven’t leveled yet, but I suspect this might be possible. But all of them were currently for a kingdom with an “incomplete” power level task where the thing in question would theoretically move toward that goal.

Likewise, there doesn’t appear to be any specific criteria for the crafting resource “offers”, medals, chaos shards, legion booster/“expert” supply, deeds/writs, etc. to show up.

The kingdom upgrade offers, if possible, appear to take priority for slot 2, and quite possibly only appear in slot 2.

VIP only offers can only appear in slot 3, obviously, but it looks like discounted slot 3 offers can only be slot 1 offers otherwise (This is important because if I am correct here, you’d never see class xp, ingots, troops, or, most importantly pets as a discounted slot 3 offer, meaning they are limited to one offer per day max).

Looking at the patch notes, this was outright stated, but not fully understood until seeing the system in action for a bit:

(emphasis mine)

This has other implications about the algorithm that hands out offers that I haven’t seen brought up here yet. Patch notes specifically said one type of offer was a “Player Level Offer”. So far, I’ve seen pretty much the same spread of slot one offers on all accounts between low 1000s and mid 1300s in level. And I’m not exactly seeing “better” offers for those of you that are hundreds of levels higher than that. This leads me to believe the the “Player Level Offer” cut off for any kind of offer change is likely level 1000 or lower.

Since the only two criteria stated with the patch notes were “Player Level Offers” and “Kingdom Power Offers”, this further leads that highly desirable “Player Level Offers” will be spit out purely randomly and include garbage like Expert Supply and absolutely abysmal the crafting offers far far beyond the level where this would ever be a good idea and regardless of how many resources you have on hand. This also means this “type” of offer won’t it wouldn’t skew toward any bottlenecks. I fully expect, for example, Medal of Gaard to be offered even if you had Elite Gold leveled every single possible troop, Green deeds to be offered if you had every green kingdom at level 15, Legion Booster to be offered if you have every single key troop at mythic, and Chaos Shards to be offered if you have every portal troop at mythic and every faction hoard at level 100+, with no specific weighting based on which modes you played or how much of any you had on hand.

You would, of course, get more “Player Level Offers” if you cannot get any “Kingdom Power Offers”, thus increasing your chance of landing something you might actually want from this category (like deeds maybe), but this category is absolutely stacked to the brim with beginners traps still being inexplicably offered to level 1500+ players with so much surplus of the resources offered that there would be little to no practical use for getting the resources in question even if they were given for free. This has me seriously wondering what “Player Level Offers” look like for a young account.

And further reservations that the dev team does not understand what items players find valuable (read: not even just “more valuable than gems”, but “something I actually want more of in the first place such that even if it is not more valuable than gems I might still buy it”), especially at high levels. Because as demonstrated, offers of the “not worth it, but still desirable” type (ie., class xp accelerators for a kingdom that class is specifically bottlenecking a power level) while being a terrible deal overall, will actually see some use when tailored specifically to a players wants even if they don’t need it - obviously not for everyone, but for someone within the target group. Target group of “Player Level” where a portion of this seems to include “anything above 1000” is way way too broad.

tl;dr: “Bad deals” aside, targeted offers aren’t nearly targeted enough. “Player Level” is not a very good criteria period, “Kingdom Power” offers need to look deeper to see if the items are actually needed for that power level.

4 Likes

not yet. That’s disappointing.

I’m deeply suspicious at this point that the targeting algorithm is quite simple in design.

It’s probably no more complicated than this:

– All offers are sorted by category on a table.
– The server makes three rolls per day per player.
– If a Kingdom Power Offer is rolled…

• Randomly roll a kingdom
  • Check that kingdom’s next power star requirements
  • Randomly roll one of the following:
  • If a troop is needed to be ascended/acquired for the next star, and one is available in game (and is U/R or lower in rarity), offer it to the player, if rolled, else reroll.
  • If Champion XP in a class is needed for the next star and not currently “green checked”, offer a Class Favor offer, if rolled, else reroll.
  • If upgrading a pet is required for the NEXT (and only next) Power level, present a pet offer.
  • If none of the three apply to the kingdom rolled, re-roll the kingdom, and make the previous checks for upgrades in that kingdom.
  • If three offers can’t be offered at all because no requirements are met anywhere (all units maxed, all relevant Champion XP for next star reached in all kingdoms, no pets need to be upgraded for the next star), present a random treasure / key / medal / orb / whatever offer until there are 3 offers.

I have a significant number of kingdoms blocked from reaching Power 13 and 17 because of pets. I’ve received pet offers targeting those kingdoms specifically on most days since this offer system launched.

2 Likes

I tend to agree. I got the same troop offer 3 days in a row - because I had it at legendary, not yet mythic. He wasn’t blocking stars, however.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out. I have all the non base-Mythics maxed out in rarity, so I don’t receive those offers. I’ve been able to replicate the class offers and pet offers with remarkable consistency, though.

I just wish I didn’t keep getting offers for Chaos Shards when I have nearly 200k of them :frowning_face:

or ingots…

1 Like

I’ve not got any pet offers yet.

I’ve got 2 former raid or invasion bosses that are legendary, I’ve had those twice each I think, but with insufficient copies to advance to mythic! So it’s never going to get taken up.

I’ve had shards every day, as I’m low through potionlless f500 attempts, but again not bitten as the costs are too high.

Other than that, that’s about it. Everything except 5 doomed troops and all GW troops is/are mythic - but not had the opportunity to enhance those.