[WIP] Daily Deals - Discussion and Critique

Gems please.

6 Likes

@EliteMasterEric

• Basic Supply - [50] - 10 Gold Keys - 1,000 Souls - 5,000 Gold
  • Advanced Supply - [100] - 10 Glory Keys - 2,000 Souls - 10,000 Gold
  • Troop Booster - [100] - 15 Glory Keys - 15 Gold Keys - 6 Gem Keys
  • Army Booster - [200] - 5 Event Keys - 35 Gold Keys - 12 Gem Keys
  • VIP Offer - [125] - 3 VIP Keys (VIP Only)

Should just leave 1

• Orb of Power

Fair enough. Personally beyond what I need for power levels I donā€™t really care about upgrading weapons I donā€™t use but I wasnā€™t thinking about those who just want to do everything.

Its not just for doing everything. As it stands, to unlock level 20 stars will take 8 kingdom weapons from each kingdom.

Thats 272 weapons there just for kingdom power.

Its about getting them down now, and not knowing what changes will happen later. Weapons used to be useless and never used. Now they are on every team. You have no idea what will happen in the future of the game, so why not get ready for kingdom power now, and also have weapons ā€œdoneā€ in case of a buff or game change that makes them useful as well

1 Like

I bought 3 pets because I need pets. The rest are trash at least to me. Very expensive as well.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve bought 2 now - pets & deeds. I still ended both days with more gems than spent from tributes & AB. It should be relatively easy to continue not spending cash on gems to buy a deal up to once per day and still grow your gem stash, albeit slower.

While a number of these deals are too expensive or worthless to a lot of people, some are perfect for not having to wait for pets or for accelerating progress like deeds & class xp - Iā€™m certain Iā€™ll succumb to paying a dayā€™s worth of tribute gems to avoid grinding 50 battles to raise a class occasionally.

If I get a useful pet deal every couple days to a week Iā€™ll be satisfied - would be especially nice if the special cosmetic pets can show up in the deals. Anyone know if thatā€™s the case?

3 Likes

Iā€™ll jump on Oracle, Knight xp too.

1 Like

We have the information on all of them except Orb of Power now. Thanks!

4 Likes

Gems of War AI:

This guy likes to spend high amounts of gems occasionally. He needs 2 pets to mythic and heā€™s sitting on 0 Imperial Deeds. Heā€™s constantly low on Anu Medals. Heā€™s sitting on 33,923 diamonds, 6-10k colored jewels, 265k shards, 13,933 gem keys, 1,168,361 souls, and 52 million gold.

Great, lets give him Deed of Stone Offer, Rare Medal Offer, and 25% off Expert Supply and call it a day.

:woman_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

The class xp deals are not worth it. If you donā€™t take the offer itā€™s like earning 2 gems per battle for the next few hours of gameplay.

My advice to endgamers would be only buy the imperial deed offers and maybe the pet offers.

7 Likes

Some key deals are worth it for the players who use gems on chests.

Indeed! Legion Booster costs 400 gems and gives 20 event keys, 20 gem keys, and 20 glory keys. Ignoring the glory keys, the event and gem keys alone are worth 440 gems. The offer can appear as a VIP offer and be discounted to 300 gems.

That (when discounted), imperial deeds, and pets are the only offers I plan on buying.

3 Likes

Its actually not horrible, and worth buying if youā€™re the type of person that likes to play class events past full rewards or has ever bought tier 7 in a class event and has an open mind. Its not for everyone though and anyone low on gems really shouldnā€™t buy it.

In comparison:

Daily offer:
100 hero class xp
125 gems

Tier 6:
360 hero class xp
500 gems

Tier 7
500 hero class xp
500 gems

Is there a discounted version?

As shown, youā€™re getting more value out of the daily offer than a tier 6 purchase, but less than tier 7 (not counting the few extra common and rare troops youā€™d get with your tier purchase).

As for if Iā€™d buy it? ā€¦ I wouldnā€™t for classes with storms, but I would for classes without storms. Storms make battles easier to string along, so the ones without can drag sometimes. I also wouldnā€™t feel bad if I bought for very poor classes like Knight, Oracle, Warlord etc.

As for price justification, its basically avoiding 50 pvp/casual pvp/weekly event/faction battles or 100 explore matches for 125 gems and using that time for any other hero class. Some people just donā€™t want to spend an hour on a bad class and donā€™t have infinite time to spend to play Gems of War. Easier to collect tribute and replenish gems instead.

As for whether class events and this daily offer is overpriced? ā€¦ probably? really depends on how you value time vs money. Iā€™d rather part with 125 gems than 500 gems though.

4 Likes

At 2250 gems for 50 VIP chests (45 gems per key), Iā€™d probably buy the VIP keys offer of 125 gems for 3 VIP keys (just under 42 gems per key).

If I ever felt like glory keys, guild seals, and gem keys were against me, Iā€™d have the option to pop a VIP chest or two that way.

2 Likes

Enjoy your traitstones, man.

5 Likes

thanks, itā€™ll go nicely with the ingots I get with gem keys

2 Likes

Yup, the only deal worth buying saves you a whopping 9 gems.

The other key dealsā€¦ I seem to get plenty of event keys, and you can already save 10% by buying 50 keys at a time.

500 per imperial, 1500 to get an extra stat point. Seems steep.

2 Likes

My advice was to endgamers. Everyone has a different view of what an endgamer is but for me itā€™s someone with max kingdom stars. Theses players donā€™t need more keys or class xp. Of course if you are someone who is running very low on keys and have many classes still to level then yeah those offers might be appealing but my advice wasnā€™t for those players.

1 Like

Speaking of that, I save gems by not buying to mythic god slayers and tower killers. I have an epic troop offer, 3 copies for 120 gems. 480 gems would get 12 copies and mythic it. Thatā€™sā€¦ a good deal I think.

I would use ascension orbs to save gems while you still can. Pretty soon there will be very few ways we can actually use ascension orbs to save gems as weekend raid/invasion wonā€™t have new troops.

3 Likes