Whom should YOU craft?

Be careful… He is SOOO good… It WILL affect your gameplay.

I almost exclusively runa Gard Team now and it has been that way since I got him on release, however long ago that was.

Not saying you shouldn’t, he is without a doubt the BEST offensive Mythic in my mind but just… GARD yourself… :joy:… or you may find yourself stuck like me. :wink:

I have two gard’s and hardly ever use him. I really should dust him down and play him again.

1 Like

My trophy farming team uses a Gard’s Avatar

1 Like

definitely pharos. strong sniper. many souls.

1 Like

Right now I’m just gonna wait until Pharos-Ra comes back, after I craft him, then I’ll be focusing on Famine and Ketras next.

Pharos is great for souls that’s sure. But Arena is almost better… and if you have Dawnbringer it’s definetly better.

If you had 1.3 million souls to craft Dawnbringer, you are hardly in a dire need for souls. :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ll finally hit 4000 this week, so I’m looking for opinions too.

Xathenos is off the table because I still need 900k+ souls to level my troops. Other than him, I am missing Death, Famine, Gard, and Ketras.

Ketras is scheduled to be available for Event keys the week of 11/23. There is no Whitehelm event in the listings yet.

I don’t believe in setting griefy defenses, so I am interested in which troop would offer me the most bang for the buck on invade teams.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Out of that list, I’d say that Gard is the best offense choice. That said, I get a great deal of use out of Famine in GW.

2 Likes

I have diamonds, but I do not craft anything. After all, then I will not have any diamonds.

Gard can two or three shot teams, but Ketras (with a slight buff or red cascades) can one-shot threat troops and heavily soften one or two others (or finish them off if they are already softened). Gard is probably going to be better if you are just farming with the same looping team over and over, but it does get old. Ketras is a bit more dynamic and can still be really fast in the right setups, but not quite as fast in a loop or as safe otherwise. Famine is boring and slow to play on offense, and is only occasionally useful in GW. I don’t have Death, but zero interest there since he relies on a gimped status effect to do anything.

2 Likes

I’m missing Famine, Death, War, Ketras, and Pharos-Ra (among many others). The impression I get is that Ketras is very useful in Guild Wars, and Pharos is useful for farming. Is there a Guild Wars-related reason to consider the three Apocalypse troops? Plague is collecting dust in my collection, but I could see myself having fun with War or Death on a GW team.

Edit: Death seems like it would be super handy behind a Crimson Bat. And you could use this for two different Guild Wars days since they share red and blue, no?

1 Like

I’m going for Pharos-Ra first because I still need 500k souls for the 3 weapons and Dawnbringer.

I use Famine on brown and yellow days it helps a lot. I have never used Death or War in GW.

1 Like

If you are in bracket 1 or 2 in GW and need a good drainer I would probably go for Famine. Gard might be good in PVP but I have found him to be too slow so I stick to dragons.

1 Like

You can reliably fill Famine before the AI gets its machine going?

Sometimes no but I use Khorvash with it on brown days and that is my main drainer. Usually I have a Famine whenever badly need it.

Imho, the best offensive mythic is Infernus

4 Likes

Infernus is great fun too.

Thanks for the reply. I already plan on chasing Ketras with Event keys in November, but if I fail to get him that way, I’ll add him to my crafting list. I’ll be most of the way toward having enough resources for another craft by that point anyhow.

I don’t hear about Famine being used on offense much but if he can be reliably filled I can see your point for GW. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Infernus was really robbed by the anti-hype train. I think the spoilers thread folk decided he wasn’t good before he released and he went ignored. Gotta be the most underrated of all Mythics.

4 Likes