Which kingdom is next?

yeah, japanese, chinese, korean. they all can fit together. they basically asian.

You know what a society of snowflakes and people making being offended a ā€œcoolā€ thing it is any moreā€¦Someone is going to pull the ā€œdonā€™t you know the difference between Chinese and Japanese is?ā€ and get all the other snowflakes involvedā€¦Not going to be prettyā€¦I seen it happen in the forums of different games and artistā€™s pagesā€¦This game needs no more drama.

2 Likes

Most of the player base for gems of war is in the US.
Therefore, the time that reset occurs is in the middle of the night for a majority of itā€™s players.
Why do I bring that up? Because that is actually worth a debate since itā€™s offensive for Americans to have to go by Aussie time.
Much more so, than some mistaken art images. Seems like no one gets offended moreā€¦ Than those that are offended by something that could be offensive to others.
Itā€™s also important to note, that this post is satirical in nature. No matter how much I kick and scream. The devs wonā€™t change the reset time. Iā€™ll eventually get over it. And the stat about America being the majority is something I made upā€¦ But could be true. Iā€™m sure I could look into itā€¦ But I donā€™t care that much. Becauseā€¦'MERICA!:us_outlying_islands:

1 Like

As far as I know, this kingdom will be a ā€œgiftā€ for the GoW release in China so on, chinese new players could be disappointed by some usual misunderstandings between chinese and japanese cultures.

And I still hope that we will get a full-themed japanese kingdom :wink: .

5 Likes

I think you, Lyya, and I (among many others with ties to Japan) would enjoy that immensely!

Good spot on the artwork turintuor. Looks like someone is in for a bit of a roasting. Lazy artist? It did look beautiful though but clearly ā€˜borrowed heavilyā€™ ahem, from that picture.

1 Like

If I were to bet, someone at the artist company is getting fired based on the response that they are changing the background before release. Copyright infringement is pretty serious.

2 Likes

I do hope they make it more clearly Chinese. Itā€™s odd having all Chinese folklore troops but then a mishmash of Asian cultures for the kingdom. Seems like the opposite of localization.

Anyone know an approx date for this yet?

But a yokai based kingdom (tengu, kappa will be the Common, etc.) :wink: .

We included cherry blossoms in the Chinese kingdom, as China has a lot of cherry blossoms! We werenā€™t intentionally taking from Japanese culture, they are very popular and present in China as well.

I just want to say Peony and Plum blossom are more suitable to help Shentang to be a chinese style kingdom.if dev insist on using cherry blossoms in backgroud of shentang,it will be make most of chinese player uncomfortable.because The cherry blossoms is national flower of Japan.its really not a good idea .ę¢…čŠ±1

4 Likes

Iā€™m guessingā€¦ That December is when theyā€™re trying to release the new Kingdom. I know it feels too soon. But Merlantis was delayed a month. So I donā€™t know if that delayed the rest of the Kingdoms or not.

@Lyya, would that be a fair guess?

No update of the background but we can still see it in-gameā€¦

Would be nice to get confirmation if weā€™ll be getting the new kingdom still this year.

Shentang wonā€™t be releasing this year. We havenā€™t confirmed when our next kingdom will release, but thereā€™s been some reshuffling, and it looks like it wonā€™t be Shentang!

Maybe the kingdom will even have my new favourite troop, lovingly dubbed, ā€œHot Dude.ā€

Does that mean there would be a different kingdom releasing this year, or that we can expect the next kingdom (Shentang or otherwise) in the new year?

Canā€™t answer that @Stan! We are working on a release date for the next kingdom. We are unsure if it will release in December or January.

2 Likes

Youā€™re wrong. ā€œI donā€™t knowā€ IS an answer.

Bright forest next now, surely?