Which faction should I try to max next?

Holy shit hahahaha

Oh no…

Finally some lucky skulls my way! Take that Moahahaha!

5 Likes

So which one should be next, and what Hoard level? I leave this to the experts.

City of Thieves I think somebody said earlier, with hoping for a Cedric room in the middle. What do the faction team looks like and what Hoard level will be needed?

1 Like

Your natural hoard was 300 for all the 3 factions, city of thieves, werewoods and the warrens? Was it still challenging, as I shouldnt even bother with getting one of them up to hoard level 200 for trying? I better save my treasures/gold for now.

I completed City of Thieves with a natural hoard at 265 and Kingdom Power Level 15 (which meant +50% on the hoard). It can probably be done at lower hoard numbers, although I wouldn’t try and speak for how much lower that would be.

The team I used was King of Thieves / King of Thieves / Cat Burglar / Street Thief. (The last two might be inverted; I don’t know, didn’t keep notes, and I’ve reverted CoT as my farming delve and therefore don’t have that team sitting in the game’s memory.) The Tomb Robber is way too unpredictable for a high-level pure faction run because of the cap on what her spell will produce and the likelihood that her spell will leave you a really bad board and the turn going over to the other side.

For non-Cedric rooms, the strategy is pretty straight-forward. You want to spam the King of Thieves as much as possible, both as a damage-dealer and to increase his own stats. The Cat Burglar is a fair damage-dealer on his own, but he doesn’t boost and as such there are real limits on his utility. You still want to cast Cat Burglar when you don’t have better moves or when you can score a kill with him (because extra turn), but you’re probably not relying upon him outside the Cedric room. The Street Thief is a good generator if your board already has a fair amount of purple and/or the other team has gold stored up – and after the first room, every enemy will get Greedy which is a sneaky-good thing for you.

In a Cedric room, this changes. Here, you’re trying to spam the Cat Burglar as to kill Cedric as quickly as possible; don’t even bother casting the King of Thieves unless you need the stat boost to save his life or unless the board puts you in zugzwang and you literally have no move that doesn’t make your situation dire. Because it can get really bad really fast if Cedric casts and that boosted King of Thieves gets hit with the charm effect. Also, because you’d rather have the Coin Purses out there than Bomb-bots.

You do want to make every effort to have a King of Thieves in the top spot when you are done with that room. Assuming Cedric casts at least once – and he probably will – that means you probably want to let Cedric cast at least three times if not four as to cycle a King back to the top. Because the Type V room and the boss room are much easier if you can tank with a King of Thieves and use his spell to buff his attack to ridiculous levels quickly. (Magic, too, but a vastly amplified KoT can skull-bash the opposition to death in a hurry.)

If you roll a fresh attempt at a faction run here and you don’t get a Cedric room, I’d probably suggest not even bothering. While this would reduce the attempt to three rooms instead of four, you just don’t have the damage potential that’s likely required and it’s really easy to get skull-bashed to death by bigger, badder enemy troops.

1 Like

I think City of Thieves could be done at 200 (plus Kingdom Power Level 14). I’m less certain about the other two, although I did get close once or twice in the Warrens at that stage of things.

But, for me, getting Hoard levels that high is less a matter of Treasure Troops and more an issue of gold. I’m sitting on a fair pile of Treasure Troops and a healthy number of shards because I frequently spend two of my three delve tokens every day farming the City of Thieves and only use the third on whatever delve I’m trying to beat with a faction team.

(Not taking three runs at a faction team delve in a single day is easier on my sanity and aggravation levels. Once in a while I might take three runs in one day, but only if I feel I’m right on the cusp of finishing it and/or it’s Week 10 of the campaign.)

1 Like

Thanks for your input man/woman. I seriously appreciate it. Not sure if I am in for this. Really so burnt out of all faction thingy after all the weeks with Sunken Fleet. Pure torture. The Sea of Sorrow was like a cup of coffee compared to that.

Thanks for posting this! I just see that I forgot about Eldrazdor and mine is currently at 2300. So that might be next on my list.

Do you have any additional input on Eldrazdor @Kezef ? It should be possible with a lower hoard level it looks like based on the datas.

Thank you very much!

It was mainy spamming that troop which removed attack - get down front troop to 0 and focus spam on their casters, hoping for deathmarks to trigger…
But now, that these Dark Elf Assasins (dont recall the name, and i’m to lazy to check) apply Lycanthropy it might be even more RNG based than it used to be…

You mainly need your hoard to keep your troops alive while waiting for deathmarks to trigger

I see, I will try tomorrow. Funnily enough it was on my list and I crossed it done as well. Lol

(It’s “man” by the way.)

I’m working on that one right now. I’m sticking with my “only one delve token per day” rule there, because it gets aggravating very quickly having runs scuttled when I lose troops in the first room to Death Mark. I’ve come close a time or two, but I know how it feels.

You might need some hoard for survivability, but you shouldn’t need the excessive numbers that some other delves require.

If you’re using medals on your troops, make sure to medal the Tomb Spider as well. As long as “random status effects” doesn’t drop Stun on your Huntsman, you get an auto-summon at death and the Tomb Spider can be very helpful there. I used two Huntsmen on my team when I beat Eldrazhor, but you don’t want to rush the Huntsman to death; having him as a potential damage sponge is worth something.

I ran with two Huntsmen (and no Magus), using the Rogue to eliminate Attack on enemies going top to bottom, and using Velenne to kill the most dangerous enemies first preferring bottom to top if I had no preference as to which was the most dangerous.

It’s almost always easier to run through the big room in the center as opposed to taking the long way around either side.

You’ll probably do a lot of your work with status effects and a healthy amount of the remainder with Velenne’s insta-kill if it procs.

Deny purple mana in the opening room and the boss room, to slow down the Deep Magus and Velenne. The Deep Magus is probably the greater threat because of damage-all, but Velenne is a pain.

And while you probably already know this, applying status effects to an enemy that already has some resets the timers on those effects already there. Which can be helpful if you’re several turns into a Death Mark that’s far more likely to disappear rather than kill the target.

2 Likes

Thanks for your info!

First run! :open_mouth: I went with Hoard Level 150.

3 Likes

Check this, not bad by any means - 63rd!

1 Like

Wow someone has a 500 hoard??? :crazy_face:

8 refrehses now at City of Thieves. No Cedric room?

8 refreshes and no Cedric room sounds like streaky RNG to me. I think the odds are against seeing a Cedric room on any single run, because there are a lot of different Treasure rooms and the game only picks three for any particular layout (plus the possibility of the Tier IV rooms at NW and SW being Treasure rooms), but you should probably get a Cedric room sooner than this.

Do I misunderstand this delve? The only thing I have seen is the choice between two Legendary Rooms.

Cedric Room is not a Legendary V (orange). It’s a lower-rarity (green, I think)

1 Like