What's important to you in a Guild? (Closed)

YES THAT WOULD BE VERY NICE, do you even know how few people in my guild use the Snow Bunny?:sob:

No, just kidding, I actually really like how the game handles guilds (exept for the “finding a guild” fuction, that one is a pile of garbage). I just don’t like what so many players make out of it, but that’s outside of the dev’s influence. There’s so many guilds which turn the game into a chore with insane requirements and, worst thing, is that so many guilds require people to use Discord. Guild Chat is wonderful (except for the wipe when someone pulls a mythic) and I am so happy there is no PM system in the game to breed talking behind other’s backs, but of course players find the need to have that option and force their members to use an out-of-game system program to do that and, again, turn the game into a chore by requiring people to do stuff about the game even outside of the game. Ugggh. I am so upset about that. But that is nothing that the devs control. Because of that, I actually didn’t have much to complain in the survey. I miss the old UI and I wish the guild finding system would be better and that guild chat would never be wiped. That’s all, basically.

But bunnies would be nice, of course.:rabbit:

2 Likes

Biggest chore for me, guild-wise, is having to participate in the teeth-grinding, mind-numbing invasion/raids. This week, however, is okay, because I get to use Gorgotha and Yao Guai.

I can easily sit through the dozens and dozens of sigils if I’m enjoying myself and exploding the board many times over! But, typically, that is my only gripe when it comes to Guild Req’s.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, this survey does not indicate that the team will necessarily be implementing any of the features or suggestions listed. I have to say this as a caveat, as this is preliminary research to understand opinions and enable some measurable results on them. However, that does not mean we aren’t listening. :slight_smile:

Regarding monetisation - think what you will! The forum is free for discussion and opinions. This is just a survey and does not accurately articulate the vision of future plans.

Thanks so much everyone for your feedback, I’m enjoying reading over all this data and giggling at a few responses too. :thinking: :chart_with_upwards_trend:

12 Likes

This can’t be stressed enough! Though some people mistake “discussion and opinions” as utilizing ill-mannered responses and the need to start arguments.

4 Likes

did mine this morning . i really miss the old system where u could see who contributed what in the guild menu. it also used to show if u gained or lost a trophy( yeah we used to loose trophies if we lost back in the day) . better guild chat is also important on my list. we are dependant on discord for our chat b/c ingame just doesn’t cut it . and something besides guild keys to buy for members for holidays and such

1 Like

I can play less and still visit the forums, thanks. Also, this game has not been fun or competitive for free players since the cash sinks, which, by the way, are relevant when talking about pay to win and not pay to win.

I do assume the best of the developers, as in, they do what is best for their pocket while maintaining a professional and sometimes friendly approach on the forums. :wink:

Excuse you, SOMETIMES friendly? We’re delightful! :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

I actually enjoy using the PS4 message system to talk with my guildmates, there we can share screenshots of teams for using in Raid / Invasions / PvP.
Also i think being competitive isnt a bad thing, some players / Guilds prefer to have higher reqs to climb the rank ladder and also to get more rewards (Legendary Tasks, closing more portals, etc), thats something everyone must check before joining a guild, but there are plenty of options if you dont like to join that kind of guild and choose a more relaxed one… If one thing we are sure about is there exist A LOT of guilds :joy:

Besides like a bunny you can hopple from guild to guild until you find one you can burrow :yum:

2 Likes

I actually do have a wonderful guild right now - a guild which only has a (high) gold requirement, but no trophy or raid/GW/invasion requirement, so I can leave those undone (though I usually do GW). I am very, very happy with that and couldn’t imagine a better guild in terms of requirement - but the guild has a discord channel, in which I am not, making guild chat basically dead, meaning that I have sadly very little interaction with my guild members. I feel like a guild which gets loads of LTs done without having any other requirement but huge amounts of gold is super-rare in the first place, so finding one without discord would be borderline impossible. I also have a great guildleader who tries his best to stay in touch with me over the forum, so I’m not gonna leave… but I still feel like discord ruined a lot of games for me. Not just GoW. Discord is everywhere, in 99% of online-games and it disgusts me that people make something not part of a game a requirement to play that game with them so often. But again, that is not the fault of the devs of this game or other games. That’s just the players.

However, on terms of you being very right with “the players must check”, I do hope that if guilds are being changed here, the part of the survey where “tab for requirements” was asked for will get implemented. I feel it would make thing a LOT easier for both guild leaders and people looking for guilds to find good matches if people wouldn’t be forced to apply blindly through this messed-up guild search feature. Honestly, there should be an option like in basically every other online game where you can scroll through the rank list of guilds, click on one, see a message the guild leader left there with the requirements (or lack of them) and then decide if you wanna apply there.

Also I do wish the guilds were actually bunny burrows…:rabbit::blush:

2 Likes

You’re simply not correct. I’m F2P. Having a lovely time. Plowing through teams on PvP. Not having any trouble remaining competitive.

The ‘cash sinks’ are side events that have no bearing on the main thrust of the game. They are irrelevant.

Your posts and responses are generally aggressive and negative. The game isn’t meant to make you a worse person.

15 Likes

Thank you for saying what at least some of us are thinking… I hate to call anyone a troll, but some people certainly have that persona about them…

1 Like

I did not consider at all that communication platforms might be included in guild requirements. I forget what I said in the survey, but this makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

Sorry I have been terrible with checking chat I will try to remember to chat there more often. I’ve been with the guild for a year and 4 months and we have never really used guild chat that whole time so I’m really not use to checking it.

Discord is a lot easier because I get notifications whenever anyone posts there I wish guild chat did that as well.

I am correct as correct can be. Cash sinks=PAY TO WIN. The main game is match 3. The cash sinks are for match 3 battles. They are very relevant.

My posts are not aggressive or negative. They are simply stating what I see is happening to the game over time. The only counter to my posts is for me to “ignore” the blatant pay to win/play modes, or that they are irrelevant.

And yeah, I come here to “troll”, Zed, that’s right. I’m sorry I don’t pay to play this game 24/7 and act happy about it. eyeroll

1 Like

I disagree. I paid enough for VIP 3 (free scouting) a year & a half ago and haven’t paid a cent since. Still having a blast and certainly staying competitive. Most of my guild is FTP and we stay in GW B2-4 and are almost all over level 1k. Money hasn’t gotten us where we are.

I wish people would stop claiming everything is a “money sink” in the game because nothing is. There are “gem sinks” for sure but there are plenty of ways to collect gems without spending money.

I’ve stated in the past I spend about as many gems as I collect each week buying to tier V for invade/raid, full sentinels for GW and varying tiers for bounty. I’ve never bought a gem in my life and never will and I haven’t lost a competitive advantage to a whale yet.

If people want or feel they have to spend money to be able to compete, that’s on them. Nothing in this game requires real money to “win the game”. The only benefit to spending a ton of gems on raid/invade/bounty/class events (and money if you want to) is to speed up getting zuul - a flashy hood ornament that definitely doesn’t “win you the game”. Gets you some bragging rights (or scorn from those who assume you spent a fortune on it) but nothing more.

13 Likes

That is exactly my point.

I tried reading replies, I’d like to initiate guild troop swaps for same base rarity! Ok, I REEEEEEALY want Abnysia. Maybe. Been like how long, event keys are for new kingdom, waaaa…No, wait! I want your spare Ubastet! Swapsies!

1 Like

I appreciate the discussions, but just a reminder to keep this thread on-topic.

I also hope you are putting all those great big paragraphs about Guilds into the survey, where possible! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I felt tempted to answer with a quote from Conan on this survey (“To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.”), but my good sense triumphed… this time… :wink:

3 Likes

Survey not available any more ? Thought if was ther until the end of the week :frowning: