What to do against Spider and Rogue "spamming"?

I hate theese passives when every time (or nearly every time) a enemy hero takes damage, he spawns a Rogue or a Spider and at the same time he uses this lame “I steal your HP and make make me immune to all status effects”-scepter and becomes unkillable. Direct damage? “Oh here are some trash to block the next few attacks, meanwhile I steal more of your HP and get even more tankier!” So trying to instant kill the hero with something like devour? “Nope, I am immune to all of this! Try to do direct damage to me… or wait, no then I spawn 1000 trash minions and steal your HP in the meantime!” -.- …

Imo there should be no minion spawn passives at all! It is fine to spawn new minions with abilities - but minion spawn passives are way too annoying (even after the nerf)!

1 Like

“Stun” is the solution you look for. Just keep enemy hero always stunned, and no Giant Spiders nor Bandits will be summoned.

4 Likes

This YouTube video has solutions: Gems of War | Anti-Life and Death Guide - YouTube

Just rage quit and move onto the next match lol!

4 Likes

Are blessed units not immune to stun?

Stun is the answer. HOWEVER, if Life and death casts, then it’s pretty much game over. Blessed will negate your stun. You need to hit it twice…oh wait, too late, because it’s enchanted, it’s already filled and ready to cast.
50% summon on taking damage is RIDICULOUS. That percentage needs to be lowered.

6 Likes

Yes, but you can dispel bless with some hero classes like Mechanist, Sentinel and Runepriest…

4 Likes

Lol. I just avoid them. That way they don’t get a revenge match even if you win. I don’t care to benefit them in any way.

4 Likes

Banish works great.

1 Like

I’ve found Yao Guai or any accelerated skull spam setup with good flow works wonders, particularly if you can capitalize well off a lot of purple being on the board. L+D has to drop the turn, and its not immediately lethal when it does (though the 3 mana drain from your front troop is the biggest thing it does to counter these setups, so make sure you front troop is not essential to kicking off your spell chain). Then manage your turns well and even if it casts once it isn’t a problem, because it won’t get a second cast even if it summons a dozen spiders.

1 Like

I use Cedric to flip them out of position and kill them with the Skeleton Key.

4 Likes

I use Obsidius and a Doom weapon to obliterate everything. If L&D manages to bless then the summons will keep coming … until the Doom weapon’s AOE kills the hero of course. Dispel is definitely a more appropriate solution, look for troops that have it before hero classes - Azura, for example.

2 Likes

Keylime’s video runs it down.

First, you need stun. The superstars of stun are Obsidius and Emperor Khorvash. Obsidius can stun things every 4/5 match, so personally I like it better, but Khorvash is also good especially when L&D is foolish enough to be in slot 2.

Some L&D teams are wise to this and invest in Bless. Fine. That’s when you break out a class that has Banishment. So when you make a 4/5 match, I think the order of the game generally dispels the Bless, THEN stuns the jerks.

Other than that, it’s just luck. Even with that, it’s just luck. It is particularly effective in GW, which is probably why I saw L&D twice every day. But it’s not going to be long before someone comes in here and says you’re a crybaby if you don’t like that, mostly because if it gets nerfed they’ll have to wait for some other broken netdeck to make them feel good about themselves.

3 Likes

Hey L&D Orbweaver heroes

7 Likes

How to fix the Rope Dart/Moon Rabbit problem: move everyone to Life and Death lol.

2 Likes

After years playing GoW, L&D is the biggest, most obnoxious anomaly I’ve ever seen (yes, it beats the pre-nerf Fizzbang!). It must be a mistake, a big one: it’s twice as powerful as Dawnbringer, and we know how hard is to craft it. Either that or it’s a way intended to make mediocre players feel good about themselves.
The counters shown in this thread are smart and sometimes effective, but skipping is the best thing to do imo. A defense (either won or lost) or a revenge would give some benefit to them.
A message to those who are using L&D in defense: I’m sure you’re good guys and wonderful people, but just try to come out with something less lame! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I assume you are suggesting @Venar pulling Life & Death to first place as a counter? Unfortunately this doesn’t work against L&D with Orbweaver class because hero class has stealthy trait meaning you can’t target the hero with a spell. I just go for all out doom skull spamming which is working pretty successfully with 2 troops in last 2 slots immune to death mark.

2 Likes

Was having fun pulling an old common card.
Still, there are many untargetted displacement cards that work too.

I just Gobtruffle this kind of teams to kingdom come.