What should I do when I have evidence of Cheating in Guild Wars?

I saw the evidence.
It’s when you suck against all other Guilds. But don’t suck against the guild you should definitely suck the most against.

1 Like

When collusion was pitchforked on this forum, devs decide to consider it as cheating. It’s their choice.

But then, they gave us the new GW defense system which is the best excuse to allow collusion: put difficult defenses versus the guilds which could be closed to your rank in the GW leaderboard (i.e. competitive guilds). That allows to put somewhat easy teams versus other guilds. And it’s easy to understand that generally sister guilds are not competitive guilds.

Devs are the only ones responsible. If they want to not allow collusion they have to work on it and add features, and not just a simple notification on the forum/social media.
To make an analogy (and I hate that), devs put a forbidden sign on a door, open it and then say “you cannot go through the door”.

3 Likes

Again, the BS in that statement is atrocious.

2 Likes

More like, they can’t shut the door, so they ask people not to walk through, on the honor system.

And you’ve decided to continue doing something the devs expressly asked all of us not to do, which speaks volumes about your honor (or in this case, lack thereof).

1 Like

@turintuor I asked you point-blank in the previous thread if you intended to stop colluding as the devs had ruled it to be cheating. You said yes, you would. I didn’t believe you at the time.

Question to everyone

Addressed directly to you

Your reply

1 Like
  • I don’t feel concerned by collusion anymore,
  • guilds involved by the OP is not mine so please pitchfork someone else than me,
  • my post was more about what was for me the real issue (attack the cause and not the consequence), so we can avoid any witch hunts on this forum as soon as two sister guilds have strange results

Maybe. Some players proposed already a ton of easy solutions to implement, so I’m not sure how difficult it is to “close the door”…

1 Like

Making your opponents random and blanking out all information can create situations where a guild wins because they got the 6 easiest options.

The devs could set the defence that all teams must face.

1 Like

Why should you want to do that?

As the one who opened both previous threads on guild collusions and after talking to many players and GM, my opinion is that having a blind schedule for the week is not the solution (yes, I’ve changed my mind).

In GW we have only one real defence based on the colour of the day (dwarves) and many meta which are independent (goblin, Kraken, giants, mab, psion, and so on) and that can be used almost vs every colour.

A guild can set his defences based on its tier in order to place stronger builds vs guilds who can race for the same place (if I’m usually in 7-8th position, I will use stronger builds vs middle-low guilds who fights for the same place, not vs 1st or 2nd)

So having a completely blind schedule, based only on colour, will insert another luck-based factor in GW which can result in having a guild promoted or demoted only because of a very unlucky set of enemy defs across the week (imagine a guild that never encounters goblins vs a guild that face them every single day)

2 Likes

If this has indeed gone on for months, they should get a bigger reward for being able to find the cheating loophole! Kudos

Edit: Just so people know, I am being quite cynical and sarcastic :wink: Also, collusion of top guilds in games has been around since battlegrounds in WoW began. Nothing was done then, I’d say the same outcome will arise here. Truly the only way it was lessened to an extent was naming and shaming the guilds involved. I believe that the Dev’s don’t see the true potential of guilt and conscience. Screw removing rewards… to be a part of a cheating guild…? No thanks

2 Likes

I don’t completely agree. Although many defense teams can be used any day, we have the feeling that some are more effcient against some colours and our guild tends to determine which defense teams it will set depending on the colour of the day, not of the opponent we are facing.

Do you think of another solution to suggest then?

2 Likes

Hey everyone, it’s midnight and my day off so I only just saw this. No one has contacted me about any potential cheating in Guild Wars. If you have what you believe is definitive proof please contact either myself or support so we can investigate further.

Callouts are not allowed on this forum. As such, this thread will be closed if anything of that nature appears or this thread gets too heated. Please respect each other and be civil. If you contact me (or support) I will do all that I can to resolve the issue.

3 Likes

I submitted a ticket on Monday.

3 Likes

I’ve already sent a ticket to support

1 Like

Because they just don’t give a flying f**k

2 Likes

When we set up the 6 defense teams on Monday, the 6 guilds name must be hidden. Only the colour must be known.

The biggest defenders of the actual broken system are probably the ones who do have a sister guild.

1 Like

Personally I think this would be a great idea and would hopefully eliminate any possibility of collusion.

Oh it would eliminate any risk of collusion for sure but the guys with sister guild will say: “Ohhh no way! I want to be able to set up my best defense team against my biggest rival” Thats the only thing they are able to say… not realizing every guild would be in the same boat. (or perfectly realizing that but acting like they dont…)

This is the only option to stop cheating.

Im not sure you realize that the actual Guild war system allows IMPOSSIBLE TO DETECT cheating…or should I say IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE.
Because if you show me the 60 defense teams used between 2 guilds suspected of cheating, I can asnwer you in less than 1 minute if there was a cheat or not. But then to prove it is impossible if they made it with just a little subtlety. No need to set up 4 peasants to do the cheat.

Thats called a broken system, no?

3 Likes