What should be done with Dragon's Eye?

I think transform counts as kill so that you can get the rewards when you transform gnomes/valravens

I know that, I just found it funny that Gargantaur gets the bonus as well. I mean, of course one of the most despised and divisive weapons would buff the almost undisputed worst mythic throughout the community.

Dragon’s eye causes 3 players to quit GoW daily.
I have the exact statistics for the decline but I’m sorry. I’m like the devs…I don’t share my data with others.

I hope making the Delves more difficult was worth it Devs. :+1:

1 Like

If the game gains 3 new players, then I guess they just got transformed?

10 Likes

I find dragon eye annoying, but my baby dragon transformed into a level 20 TDS. Figured it should have been level 10, and I didn’t look at the level of the babydragon. I don’t seem to lose to DE either as the AI is happy to transform an almost dead dragon to full health.

I still say DE is just one cog in this system.

It didn’t exactly change behaviors suddenly. Or it did, but the devs nerfed it once after the thing that actually made it strong happened. What was that thing? Well, it was several:

Rock Solid. Backup. Stealthy. Dodge. You can’t really get all of those at once, but they all make it miserable to deal with a DE player. In a GW battle this week, I lost after killing 6 summoned Bandits. 6. Even if it wasn’t DE at the bottom of that stack, that’s too much to mess with.

Remember when TDS had a 50% chance to resurrect? Remember that we nerfed it because players said that was too much? Now it’s on the hero. I feel like we’d get a lot less DE complaints if it wasn’t so probable that the hero can be installed inside of a permanent bunker.

1 Like

Did a skeleton team vs skeleton team 3T pvp battle, Seven bandits and a heronath for a total of 12 troops. ~360 xp too. Bandit death should not trigger another bandit.

3 Likes

Somebody in a very proud bracket 2 guild had their Skeleton Key team set up with Frostmage instead of Thief this week. It was like they set 4x Firebomb for me, I was so happy tee hee.

They were a Champion too, they should’ve known better.

Waiting for the equivalent weapons with the remaining 5 colours…
Hawkeye
Foxeye
Wolf’s Eye
Squid’s Eye
Unicorn Eye

2 Likes

just put it back to the way it was. computer in delve gets a level 1 untraited baby dragon … player gets whatever his/her baby dragon was in his/her inventory ( 20 and full traits? level 7 and 2 traits ? whatever ) This weapon wasn’t an issue until you “nerfed” it or should I say “nerfed” transform :rofl: .

2 Likes

Bump oh hey we need to fix this

I think you meant for this to say “Roc Eye.”

Once again…

Just remove the gem destruction from it entirely.
It will still work in Delves and scaling content, but I will not loop indefinitely which results in entire teams transformed or a permanent Baby Dragon lockdown…

Or is such a fix also impossible due to the legacy code that can never be touched under absolutely no condition or the world may end?
Everything is recently, only things beneficial to us players happen to be not and get fixed within hours.

BUMP!

1 Like

FTFY.

Seriously though, yes, take out the gem destruction and it’d be … more palatable I guess, to play against, but without undermining the effectiveness of using the weapon ourselves.

That’s actually a win-win because random gem destruction while we are using it means we screw the board up and get slapped with 200 damage from a random skull hit because we’re in delves or something. And that’s all we remember because recall bias.

Nothing should be FURTHER done to transform. Its already been nerfed.

Developers should:

1. Create more transform troops and weapons.
  2. Create a Transform resistant trait and re-work a few troops with it, plus use it in a future troops.
  3. Pick a Junk race like Fey create a new Fey Racial class trait that includes 3-5 traits (one of the them would be a newly created Immunity to transform Trait). This is similar to the rework like Dwarf’s Fortitude, Undead’s Undying, or Elf’s Ancestry.
1 Like

Why not make blessed immune to transform?

1 Like

I suggested in my other thread a few months ago that mech should have a racial trait immunity to transform purely based on logic… you’re turning my toaster into a baby dragon?! I mean I understand turning a prince into a frog they are both biologic in nature but turning a machine into a biologic organism be it a toad or a baby dragon just seems outlandish if you ask me

7 Likes

I’d be 100% cool with any underpowered race getting a new SET of Traits, and one of them needs to be Immunity to transform. Mech is also bit under meta, so why not. Same as Fey like I suggested (one could say due to their natural magic they are immune). My point is it doesn’t matter what underpowered race is picking, but a racial trait gives the ability to a large enough pool of troops to matter.

I just wish the developers could get something in production with the next update.

2 Likes

I avoid DRagon’s Eye in PvP, but I can’t do that in Guild Wars. It’s pretty stupid that the “solution” to a weapon is to just not play against it. How broken is that?

1 Like

This is late but I think it has a fairly easy answer.

DE can cast as early as Turn 2 and if it’s much later than turn 4 something’s wrong with the team.

Blessed is a status effect. To be reasonably safe, you need to be able to cause that effect twice before DE can cast. If it’s coming from an ability or a trait, you need to be able to trigger that reliably twice before turn 2 if it’s to threaten DE’s dominance.

For a 4/5 match trait, that’s doable, but “only with good luck” and the targets for those tend to be fixed. “Self” or “first troop” won’t cut it vs. DE, you need “random” at worst. This is still a terrible win condition: “I have to start the game with 2 4/5 matches or I’m at risk”.

Also, how many troops can currently cause Blessed? I think less than 5, right? So this change reduces the set of teams that can “effectively” face DE to whatever works with those 5. That probably doesn’t help for GW, considering it’s hard to find a day where there isn’t a DE team defense. We’d need a lot more troops with the ability to cause Blessed, preferably at the Legendary and Mythic level since we’re talking GW. Since we get like, 2-3 of those per month, I’m not holding my breath for that solution.

For an immunity to work, it’ll have to be like what was done for Mana Drain: some class of troops needs to get revamped to effectively lose a trait and have it replaced with a new one. So what group of 20-30 troops exists where we’d be fine with that?

Or we could just like, take the gem generation out of DE and see if that settles things? Transform existed a long time without breaking the game until this particular weapon arrived. I don’t understand why GoW nerfs tend to follow this pattern:

• The game is stable and everyone’s gripes are minor things.
  • One new thing is introduced.
  • That one new thing is heavily abusable and the game becomes so broken people hate it more.
  • Ten different nerfs happen to several different things and the thing is still broken.
  • Fundamental game mechanics are changed. The thing is still broken.
  • Six more nerfs happen to other things and finally everything the original thing interacts with is so useless no one uses it anymore.

Why not nerf the thing instead of everything in the ecosystem that could possibly interact with it?

4 Likes