What should be done with Dragon's Eye?

My suggestion. DE shouldn’t be able to cast when the enemy has a Baby Dragon already. That kinda handicaps both teams. Once the Baby Dragon transforms or gets killed, DE could cast again.

I went 8-1 against Dragon Eye teams this week … did i flip out a little when I saw it for the 4th time in a row ? sure … then i got it together threw my plan out the window and stomped em with whatever dragons they gave me and some skulls . 8-1 … doesn’t seem so OP to me . I think my dragon eye defense team went 2-13 … yeah its a little frustrating but very killable .

1 Like

2 things:

1. Transform should not count as a troop death in Guild Wars. That’s stupid. The troop is still alive, just in a different form.
  2. Revert the Transform change. These transformed troops should really have their traits when they’re transformed in. You don’t even need DE to do well in Delves, so the change has been all bad.
7 Likes

And it would be good for the Baby Dragon to come charged and ready to cast just like when The Dragon Souls resurrects.
It’s really annoying to have Baby Dragon transformed over and over again just as I’ve collected enough mana for it.

3 Likes

I can still never get how the devs thought buffing a mechanic would be a “nerf”. The trait loss especially, since baby dragon would normally be ok against silent sentinel. The fact that this weapon would be nerfed if it could actually target should kinda be a red flag in the balance department.

1 Like

Every troop on defense has different AI behavior as to when or if it will cast a spell. They just need to change the AI of Dragon’s Eye to cast less often. No need to nerf this weapon a 2nd time for those who like to use it on offense.

I got 2 Major Orbs of Ascension this week, so I don’t know why everyone complains about their drop rate. If anything, it seems like it’s too high and needs a nerf.

Feel like the problem is with the Transform mechanic and that is what should have been addressed.

The “buff” was a nerf because the ONLY thing the Developers had their eyes on were how easy DE made the Delves and that needed the be stopped.

They just didn’t considered that DE would be used on defense in PvP.

3 Likes

I feel like we have a Queen Mab scenario here and it’s going to take a lot of nerfs that have shrapnel before the combination that makes things “OK” is settled on. Let’s play with theorycrafting.

The thing that is overpowered is two specific scenarios. If you really analyze DE in a vacuum (no hero talents), you’ll find that on average it’s 2-3 turns shy of being overwhelming. It’s not hard to build a team on the premise “kill one specific troop by turn 3 or 4”. This is why the most common DE teams choose one or more of these approaches:

• Use Titan so Rock Solid makes it harder to snipe the hero and Fortitude eliminates Stun as an option.
  • Use a class with Anti-Magic-Sphere to dramatically dampen the power of snipers like Ketras or Yao Guai, placing the hero in slot 3 so skull damage isn’t an option.
  • Use Thief with a slot 3 hero, Stealthy, and Backup. This evades Yao Guai and makes a targeted sniper like Ketras harder to use. Backup (at any percent) makes it take more turns for Yao Guai to “reach” slot 3.

All of those approaches means an average-case counter-DE team is likely to spend 2-3 more turns killing the hero than in the vacuum. That 2-3 turns is 1-2 extra casts, and is exactly the margin I think that prevents DE from being OP in a vacuum.

While this Backup nerf is going to help, the problem is with the synergy between DE and each of those talents in unison. The most effective nerf approach will be to slow down DE by, on average, 1-2 turns. A mana increase could do it. A non-100% chance to transform could do it. I don’t think anything we can do on the offense side will be pleasantly effective against a defense DE, because the problem is “DE can stall for the 1-2 turns it needs to average 3 or more casts.” Having one immune troop won’t help unless it has an instakill, or can ignore Stealth, or has some other stupid OP ability that will be as bad if not worse than the problem we have. Having two immune troops will help, but I don’t want the devs to have to make a diverse array of a dozen immune troops to deal with one stupid synergy involving one stupid weapon.

The easiest solution is to nerf the weapon in a way that slows it down by 1-2 turns. The solution we’re getting is to progressively tweak some of the most useful hero talents until DE isn’t broken. The only reason I’m not more mad about this is I think it’s true that Backup was in general too powerful as evidenced by several different teams where it’s been a problem.

I don’t want to see Rock Solid, Anti-Magic Sphere, and Stealthy nerfed so people will stop complaining about DE. I want to see DE nerfed so people will stop complaining about DE.

2 Likes

Simple solution…It buffs and nerfs it. Make it targetable. Stealthy can can counter. Problem solved.