What should be done with Dragon's Eye?

Having a battle take 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds is a self Nerf. Top guilds require lots of gold so yes having battles take forever is a self Nerf.

Dude for Christ sake skip those Def. I do. I guess you probably do not participate in delve. No one is required to battle those DEF. I skip them so if I find a 3T with it I go to a 2t DEF and if it has it I go to a 1T DEF…I have never seen it on all 3.

1 Like

Well, if it’s just about time then jar of eyes/backup ones take a lot longer than DE, if i should pick 1 of the 2 to be nerfed/removedfromthegame/atomized i would pick jar.

Oh :slight_smile:
I never meant PvP my friend.
I do not care about PvP outcomes at all, when a PvP battle starts going not in my favor I simply retreat and play another one.

If my key troop gets turned into a Baby Dragon - same thing, retreat cause I will play 5 other fights by the time I would finish the original one.

I only replied to this from the Guild Wars perspective, because Dragon’s Eye IS a problem there and you do not have any choice.
It might be a high bracket only issue for now, but be warned…
Give it time, let the cancer spread and it will even be in bracket 100 before you know it.

3 Likes

You are talking to wrong person. I do not want anything Nerfed. I want people to use their brains. Even if you get a loss in Guild Wars so what. Not the end of the world. There is a guild on Xbox that is breaking records with these so called hard DEF so if it gets any easier they may quit do to boredom. 56,000 average means they do not need to be Nerfed. If anything they need a buff.

Even with multiple Backup spawns, I’ve never had one of these battles take longer than a couple of minutes and at least with these, you still have your original line-up which, if you’ve got good synergy, can sort it out, rather than an endless stream of Baby Dragons which leave you stuck unable to do anything.

Tbh about GW i like more face a DE than a doom weapon (a weapon that recover 12 mana after cast while taking away 2 from all my troops while doing decent damage to all and fill map of doomskulls?) and i dread when there will be 1 of each color.

May be wrong seen was lucky enough to not face any last GW (or thinking better maybe i got a scurwydoom but wasnt blue day lol), faced DE’s and didnt had any prob tho.

And well i dont want anything nerfed either even tho this one wont affect me at all seen, as i said, am not using DE x anything (well ofc got aswell that team i put every now and then for fun).

Well, i never had a endless streams of dragons either so yeah, my longest matches WAS with jars (was cuz anyway got a team to dismantle those right now even tho was used to use always the same team before).

Seen i love fast teams either they are skulls or yao (that soon will be lot stronger) dont take that long to see if it’s a win or a loss (and then there’s the retreat option ;p).

Like @rojo said, just skip it in PVP.

It’s way more annoying in Guild Wars, but hey, you’re not supposed to win them all.

1 Like

As if anyone would use a weapon that has such a chance to remove your hero from the game.

And that’s the only area where I see that it could be problematic too.

Haven’t faced it there yet though and in normal pvp I only fell for it the first time I met it and in other battles I either avoid the battle entirely or I go for brown removal so it can’t charge up fast enough even with a generator because next I remove the colors the generator needs. Works well most of the time. Esp when that thing is on slot 1 and suffers from skull dmg along the way.

Well I guess I could use a DE myself but cba.Takes to long, is too boring.

I wonder iff it’ll be finally enough to warrant a change when the Elite starts getting pissed off with this weapon.

The change implemented by the devs clearly created a broken outcome in other aspects of the game. A mistake on their part and now people wanto to keep it this way because they don’t consider how it could be a better weapon if it was properly designed in the first place.

I hope the devs simply changes everything about the weapon and deliver something decent to use like Skeleton Key for example.

I’ve played lots of teams where self-removal is actually a FEATURE of my team’s synergy.

Doesn’t seem far-fetched to me at all.

But then you’d want a better prediction than a 50% chance. Or not?

Until you’re in that GW battle with one…

1 Like

My opinion on this is so far, it’s not any worse than any other high-variance zero-counter team among the “elite” teams.

It’s not that I’m not seeing Dragon’s Eye teams in Bracket 3 and Bracket 2, it’s that if you have a team with redundancies and get a leg up on them, they can’t tend to recover from that initial start. If, instead, you are unlucky and they get the advantage, it can become quite difficult to recover.

But that’s also true of the Skeleton Key team. And Goblins. And a freeze-based team. There are 4 or 5 really effective defenses I’ve seen, and they all share this property. I can steamroll them at least 8 out of 10 matches with several different viable teams. But those 2 out of 10 matches there is nothing I can do but watch them fall apart.

So I don’t think the elites are particularly bothered by Dragon’s Eye because they know if the devs take that toy away, the people who use it for defense will switch to one of the other high-variance teams instead.

Overall I feel like the bigger problem is that since PvP is such a huge part of the game, mechanics are tilted to give the offensive player a huge advantage. So in terms of GW, given an endgame warchest, I expect it’s likely rare for any endgamer to do worse than 4-1. 3-2 happens on bad days, but I’d be willing to take the wager I could go 4-1 against Dragon’s Eye on any given GW day, with very similar odds of going 5-0 or 3-2 instead. I feel that way about Goblins, I feel that way about Skeleton Key, I feel that way about Nyxbringer, etc.

I don’t know or claim if I am Elite, but I know who I do think is elite and I think if it were a serious problem they’d be both:

• using it more
  • complaining about it more

Ein sehr guter Thread man sollte das echt drosseln wenn man nur auf uns hören würde wird wahrscheinlich nie passieren!!

This is one of the most unfair weapons to play against, so much so that 70% of the poll responses think something should be changed. It is a 100% chance to completely screw over the enemy team.

1 Like

I vote leave it as is. I don’t fight PVP like I used too and when I see a DE team I drop to a lower tier fight.

The only thing that I find strange is why does transform count as killing the troop? It makes it really irritating as it drastically lowers your score in GW. Death triggers don’t even count so why would the troops that are transformed even count as being kill…
This was a buff to Gargantuar, wasn’t it?

1 Like