What should be done about the Cedric Medal?

Since they may be looking into this, we gotta try to ensure that they heard us clear, more than loud.
:blush::vulcan_salute:

• Leave it as is
  • Remove it
  • Nerf it
  • Disable it in PvP/GvG
0 voters

I need the “wait at least a week before asking for nerfs on a forums that is frequented by more devs than any other video game company”.

Also…devs please check to see how long the players who ask for nerfs have been playing. Anything under a year should immediately be dismissed. Sorry if that hurts any feels. But less than a year have no idea what they know or don’t know about the game.
And clearly based on how deep the game is. It’s not designed for casual “hey I play once a week during my kids soccer practice so you can say I’m really an active player” players.

8 Likes

I agree with @awryan wholeheartedly. People are inherently resistant to change so observing how things work out should be a much better option than a knee jerk nerf.
If your spot in your guild relies on you having a high GW score, I can relate that you don’t want to rock the boat. But also, if you’re in a guild which is filled with reasonable people, no one is going to expect for everyone to perform perfectly after changes like these happen. For all other events, I have no idea why we, as players, would complain about making them more manageable. It’s mind boggling.

6 Likes

I’m unclear on who “us” is. Your poll seems to be running pretty strong towards leave it as is - is that the result you expected?

Btw, if you’re only winning because you run a major status effect team, you haven’t really been playing at all.

3 Likes

‘us’ is the ‘you’ that @Saltypatra referred to in her post.
:blush::vulcan_salute:

I meant your reference of “us” above. I’m not sure which position you’re advocating. Hence my question.

1 Like

I think there should be a $4.99 Cedric medal flash offer. Stock 3. One day only, then never repeated again. $799 value!

I’m advocating clarity: the use of ‘us’ was just to align with her ‘you’ :blush:

Personally (and remembering previous reactions to things that are now forgotten such as ‘Honor’), I would like to see how relevant Medals are before messing with this initial release. But since I have little love for GvG, anything that strengthens my attack teams tends to increase my enjoyment of the game in all its modes, especially the ones where my troops need to face opponents that are hundreds of levels above my guys :stuck_out_tongue::vulcan_salute:

1 Like

The Medal of Cedric is showing 10% chance to cleanse now, not 40%. Badge shows 2.5%. Bug? Or the devs already changed it? Thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

There is a higher chance to literally kill an enemy troop on 4/5 matches with Megavore than to cleanse a troop. That makes total sense.

3 Likes

Split between leave it as is and disable it in PvP, since “make them interact in a not-nonsense way” wasn’t an option. Easiest “fix” to every complaint would just be “disable it in PvP” , but thats a pretty blunt “fix”. A direct nerf helps neither the people that don’t like it being a thing at all nor the people that are happy using it as is everywhere or the people that just like it for PvE content.

Said my full proposal (twice) in other threads, but basically if it is going to function in PvP, it should always be an extension of natural cleanse. Meaning you can’t badge cleanse stuff on the turn it was inflicted, you can’t cleanse poison automatically, it interacts with curse as expected, and stun doesn’t block it, but stacking medals still gives a really good chance to cleanse after that first turn. For example, making the percent cleanse additive with 10% auto cleanse progression, and making it +5/+20%. Thus, 1 badge = 0% > 30% > 60% > 90% > 100% chance to cleanse, increasing each successive turn but never triggering the first turn after a status is inflicted. Two badges = 0% > 50% > 100%. 3 badges = 0% > 70% > 100%. Halved if cursed.

I wouldn’t see this as a nerf, since stun disabling it wouldn’t be a thing anymore and more badges means a quicker guaranteed auto cleanse if you aren’t being constantly bombarded with statuses or cursed, but this rebalance still allows all statuses to still be used in PvP without so many options being removed with just stray statuses, since PvP tends to be fast and frenetic where a single stray silence or freeze or even entangle for even just a couple turns turn can heavily tip the balance and bringing a dedicated cleanser severely limits options and shouldn’t need to be done unless the opponents strategy is status-centric.

3 Likes

It seems they chose to listen to the Loud instead of the Clear: it is not easy to take a tricky situation and turn it into a chaotic one, but here we are :thinking::sweat_smile::vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Hahah so ridiculous.

I hope that how quickly the devs nerfed it clearly shows you how beneficial it was to the player.

5 Likes

It honestly makes me so infuriated. I STILL haven’t forgiven the devs for taking away Ishbaalas cleanse because of the people complaining about divine teams back in the day. Divine meta is over, can we have Ishbaalas cleanse back now. That’s another rant for another day though.

5 Likes

Or 50% Mana since it’s the only type that’s 40%. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Ugh. The fact they changed this so quickly is really getting me worked up :joy: but yes I’ll take Ishbaalas cleanse and 50% mana back right now please.

2 Likes

Well, gross. Thats all I have to say. I don’t think anything of value was gained here for even the people that hate the badges. They can still cleanse turn 1, and stun still blocks them when it definitely shouldn’t at this percent.

3 Likes

Indeed rather illustrative how certain things take months (never?) to fix despite numerous mostly homogeneous complaints (e.g. kingdom lvl faction bonus), whereas it takes less than a week to make a change that 9% (based on the highly scientific poll above :stuck_out_tongue: … arguably more scientific than their ‘loud and clear’ data? :thinking:) wanted. In both cases, it’s a matter of changing a numeric value.

Actions and inactions are louder than words :blush::vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

10% it makes sense to spend all 3 medals on it. If it’s not stackable with that low of a percent I’ll be annoyed.

2 Likes