What is Lava?

Originally published at: What is Lava? – Gems of War
It’s getting hot in here…

New Troop: Lava Elemental

Deep within the labyrinthine tunnels of the Broken Spire live many different elemental creatures, but some of the most fearsome are the Lava Elementals. Fortunately for most of us, because they are composed of molten rock, these creatures cannot move far from their lava lakes, lest they cool and turn into statues. When this happens, they do not die, instead they are trapped until the next eruption of Broken Spire when the lava rises up to reclaim them and return them home.

New Troop: Fire Lizard

Closer to the surface, in the caves of Broken Spire, live the decidedly less-fearsome Fire Lizards. That’s not to say they’re peaceful and tame… but rather if you had a choice of being bitten by a giant flaming lizard, or pounded by 3 tons of angry molten rock, nobody would call you a sissy if you chose the former.
Anyway, all choices of fiery death aside, Fire Lizards are very fast, very hungry, and as a consequence of that usually very dangerous. They don’t make great pets. But we still think you should get one this week!

Buff: Death just got Deathlier

We buffed Death just a little bit.
We weren’t too sure last week how much damage he should be doing, so we erred on the side of caution, and removed a boost to his damage (based on his life, with a boost ratio of 3:1). We’ve now added that back in. It synergizes nicely with his 3rd trait, and now he feels just a little more punchy, especially as the battle goes on.

Please note this Event only applies to Steam, iOS and Android versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

8 Likes

Pls stop murdering our minor red traitstones.

6 Likes

Hopefully they will use Brown and Yellow minor/major/relics respectively, although thematically that seems exceedingly unlikely.

1 Like

I can see goblin rocket fitting in nicely with those burny troops :3

Nice, two double colored troops, time to trait some troops.
Was checking for myself but perhaps someone will be interested.
Courtesy of Lyya.
Arcane Lava

Arcane Storm

PS. Lava is something uncool :smile_cat:

What is Lava?
Baby don’t burn me,
Don’t burn me, no more…

You were right @Nimhain :smiley:

6 Likes

Fire lizard 4x is the new rock worm team

2 Likes

Jarl and Fire Lizard are bffs

3 Likes

Death may have gotten his boost by life but he still seems a little weak. Maybe boost should be 2:1 instead of 3:1. He has so little health anyway right? So a bigger boost might help.

I was about to make that pun… Kudos to you! :smiley:

1 Like

Love that broken spire gets some new troops :slight_smile:
Just hope minor reds are not involved. Lava elemental actaully comes at the right time for me, I need me some arcanes!

Kinda sad it wasn’t Adana, Grosh-Nak, Darkstone, Forest of Thorns, Glacial Peaks, or Wild Plains as those kingdoms still have just 8 troops. This will bring Broken Spire to 11.

4 Likes

Death’s changes:

Other troops will go live once the troops do, tonight.

Small side note: The jump links are now available across the site, which should improve the navigational experience.

9 Likes

So how much glory is the rare worth? Common is 300 and you get three so rare is 200 for 1 maybe?

I think Fire Lizard and Salamander would get along nicely. (Not team-wise, theme-wise.)
I was actually hoping Lava Elemental would be a Lava Giant, to fit with Stone Giant and all. Ah well!

My personal guess, 400 for x2. (+ only 1 Arcane) Pray that I am wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

Buys one, waits for chests

3 Likes

New troops:

3 Likes

Stuck in head for the rest of the…day…dammit.

4 Likes

I’m sure everyone will be happy to see that the Lava Elemental mostly takes earth stones, rather than fire.

I hope Dwarves get the next set of reworks. Bombardier wasn’t really that exciting before, but now he is completely outclassed by Lava Elemental.

1 Like