Forgotten Experiments

2 questions:

1. Draakulis is already in glory cehsts?
  2. What about “eternals” section on troop menu? can you say something about??

Interesting concept for the new troops but they will inevitably be unused.

Great to see the quick changes to Draak. I wonder how that type of thing could be managed on console when we catch up

"We got a Reinforced + Regeneration troop, wooo - "
“It’s a Common.”
“What? Oh nevermind…”

At least Draak got his buffs. Looks useful now.

I can confirm that the previous commons are already in the chests, just opened 50 gold keys and got:

Edit: Other cards are in chests as well: Fire Lizzard, Lava Elemental, Thorn Knight… So i believe everything but these two new troops of this week are in chests.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Both new troops look very promising (and cool!); I can’t wait to try them out! :slight_smile:

Actually… @Sirrian

[quote=“Omen”]

The sweat just pours from your body,
combat is nigh
INTO THE ARENA,
we march to die[/quote]

Please? Please! Pretty pretty please?!!! :hugging: :pray: :nerd: :heart_eyes: :fork_and_knife:

@T&A discussion:
Actually, I think the Corrupt Sorceress’ art is okay in that regard. Sure, she’s got quite the cleavage, plus a sheer top underneath, and no bra from the looks of it… It’s definitely sexy, risqué, whathaveyou, no denying that… BUT, at least it fits her obvious Evil Queen vibe, and her pose and the look in her eyes tell us she’s definitely in control and even in charge. This is pretty far removed from art like Green Seer’s, Atlanta’s or The Devoted’s cards in my opinion. She’s not a helpless pinup bent out of (physically credible) shape to better serve as eye candy; she’s an empowered and clearly very dangerous woman, who happens to have a kinky side. Approach her and suffer the consequences!

2 Likes

In fantasy art, lingerie is considered armor and normal dress.

Have you ever stopped to think about how strange it is that in fantasy Princesses are usually good and Queens are usually evil? Or, to be more precise, that naive, teenaged, powerless and sexually inexperienced princesses are good while intelligent, mature queens who are in control of themselves and their sexuality are evil?

Because once you do, “Oh, of course the evil queen is sexy,” is not really an innocuous statement. It’s a big part of the problem.

And, yes, kudos to the game for rising above the level of helpless pinup. That’s definitely a good thing. But I thought she had a shirt on when I looked at the downscaled image and I was thrilled. Right now the only female troop who is (1) fully clothed and (2) whose flavor of sexiness is not a defining aspect of her character is… Hag.

Hag.

When it comes to male troops, of course, there’s a huge variety in terms of age and moral alignment.

absolutely fascinating use of the passive voice there.

2 Likes

Ghiralee, lamia, priestess, scarlett, valkyrie, tyri too

4 Likes

They could show the dudes with their meat and veg half hanging out… Nah? Ok

1 Like

How about some of that male backside with glory coming out of it Robert?

I am a big fan of summoners - and this looks like one of the very best. My first team thought is:

Anointed One
Sacrificial Priest
Corrupt Sorceress
Giant Spider

1 Like

Haha you want to see some more of it?

Summoners are only fun if they summon something that is useful or that can intently change your strategy mid match.

Well I think they’re cool new troops…

Draaakulis buff helps… Now what we really need is something to make use of all that life…

Like a Sac Priest scaling on life not attack… Or a spell:
Battering Ram
Choose an ally: deal damage equal to its Life to a random enemy.

1 Like

Will you be using them for Invades or Defence much?

Maybe, maybe not… I always liked Anointed One so the thought of summoning them feels pretty strong…

Until you summon 3-4 Remnants for every Anointed One.

50% chance to summon a potato though. I dont see the fun in that.

I dont expect all troops to interest me.

Hey, just wanted to add my voice to the discussion. @LegendMaker and I have spoken a LOT about these issues, and I think there might be a miscommunication here. He’s not trying to defend the art as saying that since she’s evil it’s cool, and I should add we both agree that the Hag is probably the only 100% non-sexualized fully female character in the game (because she’s old which is another big can of ridiculous sexism worms which I’m not going to enter into - and I guess you know just as much as I do on the subject, alas). For Maud’s sake, even the Pride-Hunter has huge freaking boobs, and EVERY SINGLE FEMALE CHARACTER (save for dragons, Tyri whose breasts are hidden by her arms and the Naga Queen who only has a female face) just NEED to have very visible boobs, apparently. Even those that are completely clothed. The priestess have the weirdest space between hers just to make sure we can see them, even if she is fully clothed in an apparel that is not sexy whatsoever… but you know, boobies, they have a life of their own and want to be seen no matter what in the world of Kyrstara!

So as for the all “sexy evil queen”, which we actually both think looks pretty cool in her own rights…
1/ She hails from Darkstone, home of the infamous Succubus (and the Hag, yeah :stuck_out_tongue:), she’s a sorceress who joined evil forces and…
2/ …in Western mythos in general, evil is linked to sex one way or another (and now I’ve got the freaking stalker song in my head, thank you very much stupid brain), and the sorceress does look like she’s sexy and she knows it and she doesn’t give a damn what anyone can think about it because she’s her own master goddammit.
Of course, linking evil to sex IS a huge problematic point, but that’s not @LegendMaker’s doing, it’s centuries of sexist viewpoints. “Good girls” are pure and virginal, “bad evil queens” are oversexualised (and gasp are even ready to have the “pure” ones killed like in Snow White), but that’s just a reflection of the ridiculous (and highly mixed up and messed up) stigmas about female sexuality that women are flooded with from their youth.

He was just trying to state that at least, and yes, we are both aware that it’s sad in its own way, she doesn’t look like she’s being sexualised for the heck of it, like the Green Seer or the Devoted can be, but that her sexiness is actually something that meshes with the characters (she’s “corrupted” after all, see the all Western mythos point above), and she looks damn proud of her rather than stupidly clueless. She owns it. She’s not a toy, she’s not her to please, she’s here because she chose to. Or at least, that’s how we feel she looks like. YMMV, and we didn’t mean to misconstrue the idea.

There woulds be a lot more to say on the subject, obviously, but seeing that any thread, even when specifically dedicated to the subject, always ended up attracting trolls, I’m probably going to leave it at that. Just wanted to clarify. Sorry if I went off rails or if I made it even less clear. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

All that you explain makes perfectly sense. But, as you say, it is sad.

1 Like