What does everyone think of the class event?

Very low amount of sigils…

1 Like

Deathknight is sure going to be a fun event. /s

The event is also well hidden. Especially when a pet event is active.

2 Likes

If the future Titan class event lets me battle fearsome enemies to acquire the Storms talent tree, you know the one designed for the class but not given to it, that would be awesome!

1 Like

This is an event for newish players to get a chance at upgrading classes earlier as the battles are probably challenging because every enemy is fully traited and you have a limited assortment of troops, if it will always be tied to the weekly event then it will nudge the players into “the right direction” of testing the new troops.

But… there are a few designs mistakes:

• The prices on the shop are too high.
  • Even assuming a new player could spend so much gems on these first tiers the rewards aren’t that valuable.

I give it a 5/10. Cut the prices on the shop by half, double the amount of gold and triple the amont of souls and add some generous amount of glory (we are battling champions you know…) to make it a really meaningfull event shop for new players.

7 Likes

It’s crap.

Beat 5 champions to gain 10 class xp. Yawn… Better off in PVP.

4 Likes

You can’t just do that. The last intern at Infinity Plus 2 to bring this up disappeared without a trace within the week. So it is known.

10 Likes

Fart Noises

The “rewards” are what I can get for the same effort in PvP. I can’t even change classes without spending 50 gems for another 6 hours.

At this point I’d be more excited about it if it was JUST the shop. There are zero reasons for me to want to buy sigils. By the time I have a high class level, the high shop tiers don’t even get me “most” of a class level.

I don’t need the troops. I don’t need the souls. I don’t need the gold. The XP for 250 gems is the first level that doesn’t represent “what I do in less than a day”. I already have the mythic weapon. Who the hell wants to shop in this store?

This is an event that’s a big boost for newbies, but I don’t even see a side benefit for midgame players. I’m very, very disappointed. It’s not bad design. It’s just… so underwhelming I don’t care when it happens again.

1 Like

Yeah this event sucks just like all the sigil events… Are we ever gonna get a new game mode like treasure hunt… you know, a game mode without sigils or a gem sink shop?

2 Likes

Class change should not cost 50 gems, especially during a class event.

3 Likes

So, If I have fully understand the new event, here’s some simple maths. In case of a new class, you’ll need 5050 xp to reach it from 1 to 100.

If you do the event directly with the class, you will need 40 fights, earning you 80 xp. And from the reward you will get 145 xp (woohoo, so much generosity compared to the natural xp. Plus 50 gems and a lower orb). And probably tier 3 at the shop, so 250 gems for another 70 xp. At that point, you should be at level 23 because you will have gathered 295 xp. 5.8 % of the total xp needed. (if you do only free sigils, and luckily achieve reward 4, you will have 70 xp representing 1.4 % of the total)

If you want to go higher with the event, you need gems. Simple as that. And following this chart:

Sans%20titre

In summary: the event will grant you less than 2 % of the xp needed freely, 6 % if you complete the event with 250 gems. 98 % if you cash (use gems). Conclude what you want, but I personally won’t lost time for the next event.

It would have been easier to assume the cash thing by simply add a tab in the kingom menu, where you could buy the xp directly. Instead of losing dev time in implementing an event that is all but an event.

25 Likes

You can use any class you want and the Class XP you earn im the shop tiers or as a reward is correctly added into the class featured at the event. So the class change fee is a little less agravating in this particular situation.

1 Like

What’s very disappointing is that this event is designed for 3 days.
Devs just limit it to one day, give 4 extra sigils and that’s all…

2 Likes

@turintuor, devs said that

• for new class : 3 days event with 4 + 2x4 free sigils
  • Older class : 1 day (during the week) with 8 free sigils
6 Likes

Yeah I know and that’s the only difference.

Rewards are the same. Number of battles to get max rewards are the same. Etc.

1 Like

I find it strange that we are allowed to use another hero class in the Dragonguard event. Im not talking about PvP, explore,… but the battles in the class event with hero should be made with Dragonguard class. We are already limited to Dragon claw troops, why not dragonguard class limitation too? Would be more logical imo.

3 Likes

Yup. So i’ll skip it the same :rofl:

Only 2 people could be interested in the event :

• those who didn’t completed quest line, or even bought the kingdom. They can have an early access to the class
  • Those who have 5k gem to spend per class, want to complete all class and don’t want to spend time.

But for the other 98 % of players, this event is totally useless.

8 Likes

Yeah that’s cool, not every feature should interested me.

I will do my free sigils to get some gems (15 battles, 25 gems that’s a good daily task) and then bye bye.

Still I was hoping for something better.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t mind but I was on my final sigil in the 4th battle in last bonus group when the game crashed as I killed Valraven. Loaded game up again. Had 0 sigils and still on 4th battle. Raised ticket to support to reimburse my lost sigil and the 2 I would have got from winning the battle. Not holding my breath but shouldn’t have to spend another 250 gems to get more sigils that I would have got by winning said battle. All for one piddly chaos orb too #rantover

1 Like

they only way to get any extra xp is to buy it, it is the same for all of the battles, what a waste of time, fail, fail, fail, fail

3 Likes