What do you think about 1.0.7? ;)

Honestly, I’m disappointed that the much hyped difficulty settings are just buffs to the other team. I was really hoping that they would be a smarter AI that would make choices instead of just following a formula for moves.

And you can’t test a webspinner team effectively if you’ve got part of the next patch enabled. Come on. If you’ve got a bunch of people saying they’re worse than ever, maybe believe them instead of doing a ridiculous test with a small sample and you’re not even on the same patch.

I’m really annoyed because I’ve got a low level guild - on purpose. I really liked playing with people who are just getting started, and being able to help by slowly building up bonuses for everyone. Now, I think that’s all going to change. Why would anyone donate to the guild when most of their kingdoms are low level and kingdom bonuses don’t really kick in until level 10? You just nerfed all the low level guilds. The gap between my guild and the top guilds just got so wide that I can’t imagine we’ll be able to hold onto people.

Unless I start imposing a gold requirement and mercilessly kicking people, I don’t see any more guild bonuses coming our way. Ever. And one of the features of my guild had been that there were no requirements, just be active and contribute what you can. Looking at my roster, the top contributors over their whole time in the guild have donated enough gold to level a few kingdoms. That’s it.

This update killed our top 200 guild, I can’t imagine what it did to even lower ranked guilds.

need to do swich between old and new mode!! be democraticy devs !!!

So I honestly do not know what to think, on the one hand an incredible leap forward from the other side too many changes at once (but this is the time to embrace). Most annoys me personally receive one level of each kingdom. Except a man be tortured hundreds of hours of gameplay, combination, winning souls, challenges to have this 10 level and of course, zero compensation and still have to shell out 40 k coins to back have 10. This is unfair. But overall is awesome progress that changed the game by 360 degrees (particularly levels of difficulty - it unless everyone was waiting tactics of chess, I waited impatiently for it) and it is the most important huge estimations for developers and programmers your health. And now forgive game options and levels of difficulty are waiting for me and they call us you figure if you can :sunglasses: :heart_eyes:

There’s the Difficulty mode where you can turn off (or on? Whatever it is that’s not on Normal level) the AI combo-breaker now.

Above all I HATE the increased speed.
The slower pace subtely encouraged thinking about your moves, using strategy, seeing how things landed.
Now I feel like it’s more a stressful arcade version of bejeweled where you have to make moves as fast as you can becauseohmygodwhatjusthappenedIhavetomakeanothermoveNOWit’smyturnagainwhatthehelldidtheAIdo…

1 Like

What? You’re not on a timer (unless there’s one on the Hardcore modes). You can still look at the board after the turn and plan your moves…

I think they mean that psychologically the increased gem drop speed makes them feel under pressure to make moves quicker. Even though there is nothing in the game making them do it, the rapid fall pace and combo speed leave them feeling a sense of urgency that isn’t backed up by actual game mechanics. Nothing really to do about that, other than just keep in mind that there is no timer, you have plenty of time to review between moves.

3 Likes

I really liked the old card design wayyy better,but everything else is alright :sunglasses:

I am a bit tired so that might be effecting both my typing and gaming experience.
You explained it very well Razlath :smile:
It’s a well known (though often not considered very fair) strategy in other games such as chess. The more advanced player is using the time of his opponents move to plan the next move and INSTANTLY makes his own move after his opponent. The “lesser” player will feel pressured to match the speed, often leading to more mistakes.

Edit: consider other games you play. You’ll often find upbeat high tempo music in things like racing games and more slow melodic music in puzzle or atmosheric games. There are many aspects of a game which, while not directly influencing the mechanics, can strongly affect how the player experiences it. Showing “DANGER” in big red letters on top of the screen can let you know you are low left and health yet stay calm, while red/yellow flashing the same thing and adding a siren will have you mashing at the buttons. It’s pretty close to instinct and since so many games follow these formulas an experienced gamer is likely to assume that if the effects in the game are rapid his playstyle should match this and vice versa.

1 Like

For graphics you did a great job, but it must be said that the cards of the troops are too small and there is not even written the kingdom of membership ranks, the only is the standard microscopic visbile just on paper, where no even understand given its ridiculous size, it was better before when we had our troops for each kingdom, so do not understand anything!
The speed is really too much, and the game is too much in favor of the opponent in any mode, I’m getting really bad with this update, I think things got worse, so it was much better as it was before, the only What I really liked is the graphics, otherwise too much confusion, I think a new player runs like hell, if anyone notices that the game is rigged! you can not play like that !!!
PvP was better to do it real and not usual with a computer that controls the opponent, or make real pvp player vs player in real time, this is it would be great !!!

Hate hate hate the speed increase. I may get used to it, but I’d prefer it were optional–it has zero impact on game mechanics, so there’s no reason it can’t be an option. It makes treasure hunts a little harder to follow too.

I don’t fully understand how kingdom bonuses work now, but I dislike the loss of a magic boost. The magic boost was awesome. I’ll deal with it, but the change is unsettling.

Leveling troops to 15 still ought to level kingdoms. I leveled up two last night from Mist of Scales and it stayed at 6. Not thrilled about that. Frankly this was the only incentive to level up troops I would otherwise never use. Now they’re pointless unless a new minigame is added to give me a reason to spend souls. Feels like a bad design call.

The card art change is nice, but the skill cards look a little plain–I think the borders need some aesthetic TLC, but I do appreciate the more “open” feel everything has.

1 Like

@LummoxJR

I don’t fully understand how kingdom bonuses work now, but I dislike the loss of a magic boost. The magic boost was awesome. I’ll deal with it, but the change is unsettling.

– Kingdom Bonuses now apply to every battle instead of only applying to battles in that Kingdom.
So once you max out Karakoth, you’ll get the magic boost back:

Leveling troops to 15 still ought to level kingdoms. I leveled up two last night from Mist of Scales and it stayed at 6. Not thrilled about that.

You might find this useful:

I like the speed boost. Making it a UI option seems worthwhile for folks who don’t.

I like the change to kingdom leveling too. There wasn’t enough to do with gold before, while using souls you could do two things you wanted to do at the same time. Now souls are still useful while gold presents some tough choices – good.

I see some people complaining about the highest difficulty, but to my mind that’s there to provide a challenge to folks who have leveled all their kingdoms and have gained enough skill and team optimization that they need it.

I wish it was revealed (via “show spell details”) what the coefficients are that reduce the mana returned by certain spells that act on the board.

I like the increased speed, helps a lot in the computer turn that goes a long time.

I like that it keeps tally of invasion battles, hope game will keep track of arena record soon.

Other then getting use to a few different things, this update is great!

I like the speed boost, hopefully I’ll see what Level 10 bonuses are once my account gets fixed. I did notice there were a few bonuses if you had 3 of a kind they didn’t say what bonus they received.

one other thing, i liked knowing if an enemy troop was maxed lvl or not. now to find out, i have to actually click the card and then go to the troop image part. maybe the stars at the top of the cards instead of reinforcing the color codes, could fill up for levels.

My opinions below:

• Card art was better before

• Card text is hard to read on a mobile phone

• Souls used to have a duel purpose (level troops while levelling kingdoms). I liked being able to farm a resource that had 2 applications, it felt efficient. Now all I farm is gold for kingdoms and have few souls for troop levelling. This is even more frustrating as my previously levelled troops are now not as effective and I want to level new troops to try different combinations for higher difficulties. I have no idea what will work best and dedicating a lot of time to level troops to find they are also ineffective is not an attractive proposition.

• I get transparency issues now with the graphics, makes it look like the game was made with ms paint bitmaps.

• There is no sort filter for troop types (beast, dragon etc). I would have thought this filter would be obvious given players will be creating teams to take advantage of troop bonuses.

• I like the addition of the new difficulties, although anything past Warlord 2 doesn’t seem worth the effort. Either I face a team I cannot reasonably beat or I take so long to win that I could have win several games at a lower difficulty.

• Guild contributions are way way down. I’m in a top 10 guild and it’s obvious that players are levelling kingdoms over guild contributions. This has the following flow-on effects:

- Fewer keys which means fewer chances at legendary cards, which means it's more likely that what you have right now is what you're stuck with. I doubt I will ever see a Webspinner or Shadow Dragon drop now given the significantly reduced keys the guild is generating. I can forget about ever trying out a 4 x Webspinner team. That's a dream no longer attainable to me. I feel excluded because those who were lucky enough to get them under the more generous system already have them, and I have less probability of catching up.

- Fewer keys which means fewer disenchants which means fewer levels for troops. Compound this with the removal of their dual usage I discussed before, again means you are less likely to experiment with new combinations because the investment isn't worth it.

Apologies for wall of text. Tried to break it up with dot points.

1 Like

In regards to the 3 webspinners and prismatic orb;

You never get a second turn. I played against that last night and had to just watch as it continuously beat the crap out me.

•There is no sort filter for troop types (beast, dragon etc). I would have thought this filter would be obvious given players will be creating teams to take advantage of troop bonuses.

You can use the search box to filter by troop type. Just type the name of the troop type in the box. Sometimes this causes overlap with things like Elf-Eater showing up when you search for Elf, but it gets the job done.

I think the search box works exceedingly well actually. Want to make a team that does stuff with skulls? Type “skull” In the bar… Etc. I love it!

1 Like