What do you think about 1.0.7? ;)

Wall of text incoming. This is all either bugs or things to be changed; if I don’t mention something, this is probably because I am OK or happy with it.

I have discovered that retreating still doesn’t count as a loss. Because I tried Warlord IV and it absolutely hated me. To be fair, I managed to take out a Warlord IV Webspinner team with a Sunweaver boosting team, but - as has been said - its totally not worth playing outside of checking to see how scary it is or for the occasional challenge. I will try to find the right balance at some point.

I don’t mind the speed increase so much, what gets me is the apparent lag in between the AI doing things - basically, everything besides the gems dropping is the old speed and it feels weird/wrong. This also applies to the player troops’ own abilities, i.e. I use an exploder and it does the old animation from the left-hand side, blows stuff up, then ZOOM go the new gems from the top.

I am also seeing some inconsistent team buffs, particularly where magic is concerned.

I don’t entirely know which buffs are bugged or have the wrong tooltips or whatever, but if I had to guess… I would say 4x Pan’s Vale is meant to say +5 Life +5 Armor, and its got Magic instead of Armor right now. (Which makes sense, since Pan’s Vale doesn’t scale with magic worth a damn anyway!) … similarly, Divinion Fields should say +3 Attack +4 Life, but has Magic instead of Life.

And I’m fairly sure the 4x buff for Fey, Dragons, Daemons, Monsters, Undead, Elves and possibly others - because I legit can’t keep track right now - are all calculating twice as high a magic increase in the troop menu, but applying the correct numbers in-game as per the tooltips - i.e. Fey says 2, gives 2, but looks like its giving 4 in the troop menu (1, 1 and 2 respectively for the others). I think Khetar, Karakoth, Zhul’Kari, Forest of Thorns and so on are doing the same thing.

Strangely enough, this won’t increase a troop’s (wrong) tooltip magic by more than 4 - i.e. if I have a +2 Magic and a +1 Magic between troops and kingdoms, and they both bug out, it will only go from +3 to +4, instead of +3 to +5.

Oh, and the ‘Title of Spiders’ buffs for Zhul’Kari all misspell Zhul’Kari as ‘Zkul’Kari’ with two Ks. For you, Sirrian!

… I’ll be back.

*speed increase is very nice

*new troop list/ deck creation layout is much more versatile, although it will take time to adjust.

*legendary cards are more visually appealing with fancy boarders.like how their image is smaller allowing you to see more detail

*searching for a match is much after which is always good

*difficulty increase is great

-needs explanation on bonuses available

-warlord IV is defiantly not worth the difficulty (in my opinion) as a +100% stat increase for the +25% reward increase compared to warlord III. Rewards should be 300-500% increase for the difficulty

My suggestion regarding Warlord IV & potentially Warlord III is to stick with lower difficulties for now. They’re brutal… we could have left those buttons out or disabled/grayed them, but we figured we’d give you all a taste of what’s to come.

I think higher difficulties will become more viable in 1.0.8 and beyond as we add some new things we’ve got planned (and, yes, obviously fix some bugs too). Anyone at PAX this weekend will get a sneak peak of some of those things, and I’m sure they’ll share them with everyone on the forums.

2 requirements :

.Warlord Modes do not offer enough of a reward against their difficulty :confused:
.We Lose the zoom on the map :frowning:

I really like the rest , composition of teams , filters , speed of the game.
bonuses brings a new style to the compo …
More practice to get a better step back in time

Otherwise, happy to see this update happen, it will raise my interest in this game :smile:

I’m liking the new UI, now that I’ve gotten used to it.
The game speed and difficulty options are also a welcome change.

My only complaint so far would be the banners. It’s rather annoying to
scroll through all of them until I happen to find the one I’m looking for.

Oh, and not being able to change difficulty on the pvp screen instead of the hero menu.

Hello Sirrian!
How about this:

1. The Speed
    My Suggestion: Make it selectable in the options of the game.

2. The Card Design
    My Suggestion: The former design was much better/ nearly perfect, just make the rarity visible again and add the new infos.

3. The difficulty Options
    My Suggestion: Make the Al as it was before, also in the higher Warlord-Modes. 200% to all Stats is hard enough, and the winning chances would even be with the “weaker” Al really small.

Regards
MickiTheFox

I only like 1 change and that’s the faster game speed :wink:

Rest of the changes all feel bad to me, severely limiting team compositions and difficulty lvls are scaling bad.

Furthermore, the Troops/Weapon interface show very tiny cards now, almost unreadable even in full screen mode!

To be honest, you could have taken more time to get everything right as far as I am concerned. Right now this feels as if it HAD to go live because of this exhibition…
Appreciate the good work and the ideas already implemented though.

Hey Guys,

I heard a lot of chatter about Webspinner, and how it had gotten even further ahead than before, so I just played 3 rounds against a 4x L15 Webspinner combo to check it out.

SETTINGS: Warlord I difficulty + enabled a 1.0.8 feature in my test version that effectively made this Warlord III difficulty. I have 7 Kingdoms max’ed out at L10, My hero on the test server was L30. Not sure of enemy hero stats tbh, but their banner was Maug. Woods

GAME 1: Victory, lost 1 troop
Boar Rider, Mace of Malice, Abhorath, Goblin King

GAME 2: Victory, lost 2 troops (played fast this game… 4 sec per move)
Carnex, Tyri, Alchemist, Eternal Flame

GAME 3: Victory, lost 3 troops (tried a bad team that only uses 2 mana colors). Took me a while to win though!
Giants Mace, Goblin King, Brian the Lucky, Black Beast

Overall, at Warlord I, I’m finding it a nice challenge even though I’m purposely testing inferior teams, and I found that with decent board control, a win wasn’t too hard. Webspinners were not getting more than 2 extra turns in general, though they did get one big run in the last game that made it pretty exciting.

Not saying that we’re not considering some extra balance, just that we’re not seeing what you guys seem to be seeing. We will have hundreds of thousands of results to give us stats in the next couple of days, so we’ll see what they tell us!

Oh… addendum… I’ll try out some more games against Webspinner combo teams tomorrow… the 4xWebspinner build was just one I heard about. There are probably a much better bunch of builds out there with way more diverse mana usage.

Try the 3 webspinner / Prismatic orb people are talking about.

1 Like

No, I like the faster speed too :wink:

3 games is an awfully small sample size to be basing your game balance decisions on, honestly. Also, 4 Webspinners is far easier to defeat than 2 Spinner + a couple of exploders/mana feeders. More importantly though, how much fun were you having while sitting there watching the Spinners play the game while you were doing nothing?

On topic: I like the new speed and deck construction system of 1.07. As for everything else, I wish we could go back to how it was before. At least before when I invaded I could see which province was their home and spend 10 gold to avoid the green ones (Webspinners). Now that the home province is meaningless it essentially costs 60 to avoid a Spin team, and when I have to skip 5-6 people to get to a team I actually get to play against it’s not worth it anymore.

Scouting should be free, frankly. It’s fun to see what your’e up against and then build a deck to try and defeat it. That shouldn’t cost you your (now) most valuable resource.

One thing for sure, though. Treasure maps (and Arena) are way more valuable, as they are the best way to reliably get gold now.

Speed is way too fast. Makes the game pretty stressful.

I acutally played the Hard difficulty for three games. Combo breaker? What combo-breaker? I don’t notice any difference between Normal and Hard so far. Which is good.

But seriously 200% stat increase on Torment (sry, meant Warlord) IV? That’s a bit too much for even my taste. (I know this has been addressed earlier)

And finally my gold has some worth now.

1 Like

Combo breaker was introduced some time ago to prevent the AI from getting ridiculous and/or annoying combos from dropping gems. Essentially hard mode means you and the AI fight on even terms.

@xSidarothx

Yes, I know that. I just wanted to say that I never noticed any difference in my play.

It would be nice if Kingdom max level was 10 bu you could level up with troops OR gold

There’s a big imbalance between kingdoms now, as some feature lots of troops of a single type and others don’t.

It might be nice if you could choose ONE of the available synergy bonuses for your team instead of getting all, because, you know, 4x webspinner

Love the speedup, new look, and new UI.

Loving the update so far.

The speed will be fine once I get used to it (frankly I am almost there already).

The banner / team updates are great. The troop types seem like they will provide some good balance and encourage use of some of the less used “situational” weapons / troops. Webspinner teams meet Sun Chakram. :smiley:

The bonuses also help to make some less obvious teams more viable. The +10 life to my goblin team certainly patched a rather large hole in their functionality. I expect I will find more once I start messing around with more options. They are also serving to decrease the effectiveness of more scrambled combo based teams. My old invade deck gets almost no bonuses now which means it functions purely as a combo deck on more or less even footing with the buffed “theme” decks.

Well done guys!

-Razlath

I’m a big fan of the update! Love the speed boost, it makes paying more fun now I feel, and will help with grinding tremendously.

I absolutely love the team interface, bonuses, and overall how team creation was changed.

Overall I am thrilled at the changes and can see awesome study in the future.

The things I think need to be fine-tuned:

Home cities feel kinda pointless now, I feel like there should be some kind of bonus so when your invading you have to think “I’m not great on this battlefield, should I try it?”

There should be some kind of genetic bonus that teams that don’t get a team bonus can have. Like: “mix n match” +1 to all stats or something.

The art style - overall I’m a fan of the card art changes, however going from the “embossed” feel of the older cards to the “flat” lookl is disconcerting, and doesn’t fit perfectly with the rest of the art style.

The benefit of the higher difficulty levels just isn’t great enough to justify attempting them.

There should have been more warning for players who would have rather spent souls to level cities before the change over instead of having 10s of thousands of souls that could have been used instead of gold.

Good job though guys, really enjoying it so far. I understand these changes will be bringing more changes I the future to address souls and troop levels and whatnot and am excited to see what you have in mind. It would be great to have done of these ideas you guys are pursuing hinted at!

1 Like

I played the warlord4 seven times and lost 4 of them, way too difficult…