What are 'Trust' Levels?

Our new forum is built around the concept of self moderation. As you spend more time on the forum and receive positive feedback from your peers, you’ll earn additional forum privileges that allow you to help moderate the forum in line with community standards. The requirements aren’t anything light, but I’ll aim to share further details of these in the coming days!

4 Likes

That sounds like a very interesting concept, I’m not sure I’ve heard of a community based moderation system like that, I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s definitely very interesting stuff! You have to be pretty committed to rise up to what would be considered a traditional ‘mod’ role, but that works for me. People who help grow the forums automatically get given that kind of trust. There’s something quite nice and karmatic about that!

3 Likes

I play and enjoy Gems of War a lot but I’ll be honest I didn’t come to the forums much, but I think I’ll be here more often just because of how the new forums are set up.

1 Like

So just bumping this back up as we’ve had a few users hit trust level 3! While these users don’t have full mod powers, it means they can help out by renaming and recategorizing topics to keep everything nice and tidy (if you’ve ever seen me do an edit on your post that’s probably what I’ve been doing.) They also have a bit of access to the anti-spam protection when it comes to new users, so if someone starts bombing the forum if knock off sunglasses ads, they can probably do something about it.

Hooray!

1 Like

I would have closed the topics you just did if I could lol.

I would have as well… in the meantime, I think it means we can officially start the Imp-Apache Domination!

Are there any options for meta-moderation, in case someone who gets auto-modded starts doing things that displease large numbers of people?

The whole concept of the forums is already about meta-moderation by the users so…
Plus, it’s not like @CrowdedWorlds and the other GoW employees had no power any more.

Yep, should anything go horribly wrong we can always step in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Though since the new forum got set up, only four of us made it to that level. And I think I am the only one of those who uses the “moderation privileges” (to move support threads to support).

1 Like

Nope, I have so far moved at least six of them. And gave several others a category. :smile:

I’ll have to go move them back! Can’t have you out-move me!

Apologies for the necro. I was looking for the list of requirements for the different levels but can’t seem to find them at the moment. Can someone point me in the right direction?

:point_right: https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/3 :point_left:

3 Likes

That’s the one! Google’s being unkind to me recently. Thanks~

1 Like