Weekly Event: Call to Valor

Why because you are royalty?

sigh poor goblins.

I’m assuming because another nerf is affecting another team of Roy’s. Given that he’s “Viceroy of Zaejin…”

No because i’m not killerman3333.

No seriously. Read my title. When they are attacking my people, they are attacking me :wink:

I don’t think Goblins deserved a nerf. They have good synergy together, maybe they should have given other troops/Kingdoms the same synergy aswell. What do you expect will happen after this? I’m expecting most of the Goblin teams to switch to Gorgotha. It’s an cycle, which you can’t resolve.

For me, these ‘balance’ changes don’t solve anything. They simply annoy me.

2 Likes

Anything deserving of a nerf will always annoy someone. I remember people complaining when Webspinner was changed. Because 4 of the same troop in a team and winning isn’t broken at all! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Abuse breeds popularity, popularity breeds suspicion, suspicion breeds testing, testing breeds alterations, alterations effect the abuse. If it deserves the nerf, there will always be someone to defend it for the sake of continuing abuse.

Why do you think those that over rely on the troop(s) are always the first to issue complaint? (looks at the Dust Devil threads) Exactly.

2 Likes

i thought viceroy was royalty though. Also a forum glitch made it so your title did not load.

Gorgotha teams are pretty much the only ones other than dragons that beat me, but yeah I guess goblins deserved the nerf…

Fear breeds anger, anger breeds hate, hate breeds suffering. The dev team’s got our backs.

5 Likes

Great to (finally?) see that nerf to goblins!!!
Now I hope that it will indeed result in less than 30% goblin teams on defense for my PVP invades… I was quite honestly getting a bit bored with PVP (and Arena’s never been that interesting to me). I was actually considering to just get PVP rank 1 today and then spend the rest of the week doing treasure hunts… Now I just might do a bit more PVP. :smiley:

1 Like

From what i have seen this nerf will do nothing to goblin defense teams. This is the 2nd nerf they have gotten in 6 months.

Keyword here is broken. You are right if it is broken, you fix it.
But question yourself if Goblin builds are broken are just very popular? I go for the latter.

1 Like

Sure it will, it’ll make them easier to beat. Boar Riders are a significant and substantial threat to me, and I’m reasonably tricked out (I’m no @Tacet, but then again, who is?). I know if I see one in an enemy lineup, I’ll target it down ASAP before its combination of magic attack and subsequent board control mess up my day. This nerf will substantially reduce their potency.

agree with Roy on that one goblin easy to beat. not tuff just very popular and see too many. maybe some will change teams now and be less and maybe not

1 Like

Hope you don’t regret those words if they ever start suspecting Mercy. :X
I’m personally fine with her, denying her transformation is easy, though I can’t say I’ve earned an Empowered one myself as of yet to test invasion strength.

Broken, yep, definitely broken.
Not so much in the impossible to beat sort of sense, more so in the boring to fight sense.

Announcer Voice: Extra Turn.

guess you might as well nerf celest to, dang annoying 4 of them fighting them forever with barrier.
since we on a nerf topic of using 4 of same that make a decent team = broken

edit- nerf again that is lol

honestly I tired of nerfing all around , buffing weaker troops giving synergy to troops that have none is a better solution

any thought on putting a cap on defend teams? something like only X% of active players can have the same defend team at any one time?kind of force more variety instead of nerfs?

People keep saying that goblin teams are boring to face? I don’t understand, whether it’s goblins or any other team, I match gems then use spells. Are people playing this game differently?

1 Like

think its the fact that some people are seeing 50+% goblins and just want some variety without hitting skip ton of times
Devs keep adding new troops and this will probably be reached soon enough though

That raises the idea that gobbies are not beatable. Pain in the butt yes but definately beatable. Gold is gold. Of course I’m not one to skip any team brought before me.