We heard you like Gnomez?

I can already see the complains coming from everywhere when vault event will start and more people will open vault. I just want to minimise the damages :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If they are smart, they will have decent rewards in the vault during the vault event. That is what they implied after all.

5 Likes

I really hope that’s the case, if not we are f***

5 Likes

I can agree with that. :rofl:

4 Likes

Well said. And @Rickygervais, there are many thing happening and we just hadn’t any return yet.
I understand your concern regarding the Vault Event that shoould be rewarding to everyone, but that doesn’t means we should have the old spawn rate that can only benefit a very small portion of players that can, and will, spend countless hours in the game.

The gnomes are free extras surprises, but even the old rewards from them wouldn’t be able to cover the huge costs of Raid Shop, to think otherwise is, honestly no offense intended, foolish. They could only partially cover these costs with a huge spawn rate and higher rewards.

3 Likes

we will see for sure friday but i can tell you i got a very bad feeling about it and that would suck to finally be able to open a vault but still win low rewards when it was intended to be bigger. if the vault rewards are better during the vault event, fine you can let it how it is and people will keep their key for vault event but if the rewards are nerfed like non vault event gnome, this is where i don’t agree

3 Likes

I can’t do much to reassure you, honestly, but be sure that i’ll speak my mind about it. It’s simple math:

What the devs intended:
Gnomes Spawn Rate on normal days: 1/100 battles = Rewards Value: 100%
Gnomes Spawn Rate on Vault Events: 5/100 battles = Rewards Value: 125%

After changes what we should have:
Gnomes Spawn Rate on normal days: 4/100 battles = Rewards Value: 25%
Gnomes Spawn Rate on Vault Events: 5/100 battles = Rewards Value: 125%

These are just numbers to exemplify things. As the current spawn rate increased four times the rewards decreased accordingly by four times (from 100% of what was intended to 25%).

But the Vault Event should not be changed at all (i just tossed the numbers, i’m not sure if they will spawn five times more easily…) That’s what i expect and nothing less. The Vault Event should still be as good as promised, not to be changed at all. Otherwise it’ll be really disappointing for sure!

Again, these are just numbers to exemplify things. These are not real drop/spawn rates or anything. We were promised things would be better at the event, so let’s see how things unfold.

5 Likes

If the Vault key will give better reward Friday, then I want my vault key back! lol I used the one I won from the portal yesterday and received some gems (20?), 100 souls and 30k gold (or 50k cant remember) Crap!

1 Like

this is why im am so concerned and i would like answer from the dev about that, it will rassure me to know it before the event start

3 Likes

Supposedly we will find Vault Keys more easily too from what i recall. But with all things that happened this week i think @Sirrian and the devs should give everyone one Vault Key. This way everyone will have fun together (but apart :wink: ).

2 Likes

I really hope you are right! Thanks for reassuring words! :grin:

1 Like

Nothing suggests that the rewards from a vault key will change during the event. If you people start believing in this, you’ll get disappointed.

8 Likes

exactly they just said the gnome and key drop rate will be better this is why i think the vault rewards are the same and if that the case they need to fix it please

3 Likes

Take a look at what Sirrian said on the Patch Notes, the bold part specifically:

As you can see the spawn rate and drops are INTENDED to be increased and that was all based on the old spawn and drop rates (low spawn+better rewards). So why wouldn’t they do it now? Because you think your disbelief is more accurate than what was wrote on the patch notes?

1 Like

Not my desbelief, but because they did not adjust the patch notes after the fact. That’s when my desbelief enters: that they nerfed everything, and you are going to end up with 2 minors, 3 celestials and 400 souls.

3 Likes

Which part of what you bolded states the actual vault drops will be better?

I see that as:

1. More Gnomes
  2. More Vault Keys

Doesn’t promise anything else, not even a hug from Gargantaur.

9 Likes

:nauseated_face:
That would be one unwelcomed hug anyway.

6 Likes

Because their original plan about the Vault Event don’t need to be affected by the changes made to gnomes regularly appearing outside the event. It makes no sense to change the event, they can follow what was already planned and everyone will (?) be happy.

And that’s the thing, my expectatives are based on what was advertised, @raphael (and maybe you?) have baseless expectatives. One of us will be wrong, and i’m fine if that’s me. Because i have no shame for being wrong if there was a reason to believe in some outcome…

And if i’m wrong, if the event doesn’t reflects what was promised, then, we’ll have a lot to speak and discuss with the devs…

But until then, there is no reason to be so negative, it serves no purppose.

1 Like

Really? Because with the screenshots some people posted they could easily pay for tier 3. How would any additional gem income not help cover costs? Just like the gems i won with my vault key will help cover the cost of my guild wars sentinals. Point being, with the economy now, every little bit helps. Foolish is thinking it would cover the whole cost to tier 7, reality is that if i knew gnome vault rewards would be better i may have justified going to tier 7 instead of 4 as i would have made up a small portion of it with the amount i play.

4 Likes

You mean the screenshots where the gnomes were spawning like they are now but still with the high rewards attached? The spawn rate the devs clearly stated was unintentional and reverted into an “almost non-existent”? Honestly, think about what you are claiming… You can’t possibly justify these rewards with a spawn rate so low… In 300 battles people didn’t found a single gnome… And the ones who found one still obtained 20 or 50K of gold most of the time… And what if the little rascal run away? It was a recipe for disaster…

Again, i expect the Vault Events to be as good as promised, and i hope you and everyone enjoy it. If it’s not… Well… that’ll be a busy Friday and maybe weekend on these forums for us…

We don’t owe anything to each other, but i honestly suggest a more neutral and reasonable mood to allow proper discussions if these are needed to take place.

If you and others, can honestly say to me, that at some point in your life having negative expectatives were really helpful while dealing with the exact outcome you predicted, with no excess or decisions you regreted later, then by all means, feel free to stay negative.

Otherwise, i think it’s safer to remain calm, skeptical is ok but still calm, and wait for it. Sounds good enough? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes