We heard you like Gnomez?

I’m pretty sure the Gnomes from players don’t drop anything because they don’t have that little bag of gold on them.

Something similar ocurred with the Moas in the past, but from what i understand:

The system would give one extra traitstone of the same kind if you kill a Moa, but they didn’t changed anything about the card, they just introduced some code making it possible to “transform” one troop from any battle into a Moa. So players figured that out and exploited it by adding 4 Moas hoping that they would find another player doing the same in order to get more traitstones. They fixed it and only the randomly generated Moa would count.

Lesson learned, they surely applied some similar behavior on the gnomes, so using one or more wouldn’t help others, except by making the battle easier…

2 Likes

It doesn’t work, confirmed by MineralsMan who fought me in pvp.
I say SHAME! Missed opportunity!

I really wish they’d left them as they were, now they’re just a bit of a minor distraction, raising excitement levels then crushing them back down when you see what you have ‘won’. I truly hope they go back to what they were, currently they’re not worth chasing. Gnome vault keys giving 100 souls, 2 diamonds and 2 minor stones are just an insult. I’d save any vault key for vault events as the rewards are supposed to be buffed in that period.

Counterpoint: at 1 in 300 odds, it’s not worth chasing gnomes. At 1 in 30, I’ve noticed an uptick in guild activity. (I totally agree about saving vault keys until we know more about the rewards and how they change during vault weeks.)

2 Likes

Really just the minor stones. Diamonds will pile up and newer players or those chasing Dawnbringer can always use more souls.

2 Likes

I love these gnomes. Infernus turned it into a gnome.

The reward was only 2 minor traitstones but I don’t care I was just happy to fight something a bit different.

Thanks again @Sirrian and hopefully you might feel like increasing the frequency slightly for PvP it makes it more fun.

7 Likes

Happydays lol

@Saltypatra @Sirrian @Ozball @Cyrup @Alpheon

alright i think you guys missunderstood what we really wanted and i think it’s our fault we were not specific enough

i know we asked you to nerf the gnome rewards and make it appear more often, and you guys listened to us and thank you for that but in the same time you guys nerfed the vault rewards and it’s not exactly what we wanted and if we knew it would also affect the vault rewards, im pretty sure everyone would say let it the way it was before you decide to nerf the rewards

when you catch a vault key, it should be special and when you open the vault you should expect to get awesome rewards, but by nerfing the vault rewards you also made 100 souls and 5 gems avalaible in the vault rewards and this really suck when you know the vault key are very rare

so im asking you and i guess im not the only one to think that way, please make both rewards separate so we still win good stuffs in the vault. If it’s not possible cause you think we will win too much key, well revert the nerf so we see the gnome 1/1000 outside of vault event and please put back the old rewards.

16 Likes

You don’t speak for “everyone”. I’m fine with the gnome spawn rate as it stands, and I don’t want them reverting it. I’m also not convinced that the vault rewards have been nerfed. They had some crap rewards in it before the increased spawn rate.

Most importantly, they’ve made it pretty clear that the time to spend vault keys is during the vault event. So, the smart move is to save them until then.

yeah but 5 gems and 100 souls were not in the pool of rewards in the vault im pretty sure

3 Likes

pretty sure the rewards will be the same during vault event, but maybe a dev can tell us when they see the post. what they said is gnome will appear more often and give more often key but they never talk about rewards

5 Likes

How could you possibly be sure of the whole reward table when the devs ninja “fixed” the bug the same day? Then, we had the second bug of no gnomes appearing at all across platforms. Then, we had reports of no one even dropping a vault key. And, then…

Basically, the release was a hot mess and player gathered data was unreliable until “after” the last change. So, I’d need a dev to state that the vault was nerfed.

The only fact that we know is that Cyrup stated what we saw during the initial release is what you should expect during the actual vault event.

2 Likes

I agree but i asked several time without answer

1 Like

Hopefully, one of them will clear things up.

But if that the case, do you agree to revert it?

No. :stuck_out_tongue:

Because the previous spawn rate was abysmal. The gnomes might as well not have existed. There needs to be some balance.

Imagine how much whining would occur when someone gets a crap vault reward after not seeing a gnome for weeks because they play casually.

But reward won’t be crap if they fix it

Also keep in mind we will see it more often in vault event, do you prefer open 10 crap rewards or 10 good rewards?

1 Like

I think the problem is that when I stated “I don’t care about the rewards. I just like killing random spawns like the Moa event”. I meant that. I was not looking for grand rewards from the gnomes.

It seems that others didn’t actually mean it when they said they didn’t care about the rewards.

The gnomes rewards are just gravy. You literally don’t have to change a single thing about your game play. You just play like you always do. There is no buy in.

2 Likes

I agree but if this affect the reward you can get from the vault, im out, i know you can win some troop there, yes they suck but i still want them for the collection. So if they added the smaller rewards in the pool, it mean you get less chance to catch them

In a perfect world they would keep the drop rate that way with nerfed rewards and keep the vault rewards as it was before nerf, but if they can’t do it o orefer they revery the nerfed rewards and when i open the vault i will get decent rewards

I’m with you 100% on this. Do i have any faith that it will change anything now though? Not a chance. Why? Because when some players oh so foolishly cried for the nerf saying it would break the economy, the devs knew full well the gem sink they were unleashing on us with raids on monday, and there’s more to come with bounties and sieges. They could have said that there would be lots of new ways to spend your gems in a few days, just sit tight nothing will be broken (economy wise). But no, now there are people complaining that raids are pay to win and without guild wars there isn’t a reliable gem income. We had a way, for an hour or two. Personally, i saw one gnome in that time so even though people were boasting their rewards, many people didn’t get nearly that many, or any, depending on time zone. I did about 300 fights in the last two days and found very few gnomes, and the only vault key i got was from raid rewards. So, obviously, they are still very rare. Therefore, the vault rewards should be what they originally were. More gnomes doesn’t necessarily mean more vault keys. If i got souls and less gold than i’d make from pvp i’d rather not be disappointed and stick to pvp with no reasonable expectation of finding gnomes or keys at all. It was something new and fun that got hyped up and went to meh. If it’s supposed to be special and we sacrificed vault rewards to make it not so, i vote revert to original plan.

11 Likes