We heard you like Gnomez?

Yeah I’m getting tired of the “everything takes months to do”.
It should be certainly easy to patch the rewards, like changing numbers in a text file…

We were told that Vault will be improved for the last event, it wasn’t.
For this event, devs are in mute mode.

Adding new game modes, but it also require to balance them and their rewards (cough cough Raid Boss/Invasion per battle rewards).

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s very easy to do that. Deciding if they should/want to change it and then deciding how much to change it takes a lot longer as there are always longterm consequences to each decision they make.

What are they supposed to respond to? It’s obvious the buff hasn’t been implemented for the current event. I don’t see anything else they really need to say being that the next gnome event is weeks away. On top of that it’s their weekend so you wouldn’t see a response until Monday earliest anyway.

1 Like

When it comes to coding and anything outside of basic knowledge of an operative system. My intelligence is based solely on my ability to get a hold of @Taransworld to answer my questions.
I’m going to attempt to state my understanding of why changes won’t be made until 3.4 in terms of vault rewards. (In hopes that Taran cleans up any mistaken vernacular that I screw up).

Currently the gnomes can have their rewards changed at any time by doing a server side update. These are changes to the game that can be done on the fly. A lot of times we call them “hotfixes”.
Now forgive me for not remembering the exact scipture or which follower of the Sirrian wrote it… But my understanding is that they don’t intend to change the gnomes at all. But instead change the Vault Rewards.
Currently the gnomes you see in a normal match offer the same rewards as those you would see in the vault. To make the 2 different… Would require a client update. Such as the one upcoming in 3.4.
Now if all that is mistaken… Then I have an alternate… Purely theoretical idea…
When 3.3 was released… The devs nerfed the rewards, and then changed them again within 48-72 hours later. Perhaps, after a client update is approved and pushed out. The devs have a finite window to do any client updates without needing to get approval for it again. After that window closes. Any changes need be resubmitted and go through the whole process again.
Keep in mind… the devs don’t HAVE to change anything. They could of had full intentions to change the Vault in 3.4… Then last minute said…“nah”.
Since it’s been at least a couple months… Need I remind you all again…

RIP DEFENSE GEM SLIDERS
gone, but never forgotten… The greatest “balance” GoW has ever offered. When I could personally take pride in defensive wins.

Why bring up sliders now? Cause it is a great demonstration of the genises of ideas.

• update to unity installed Defense gem sliders into GoW
  • “people weren’t being smart with them” so they removed the option on the next patch with plans to change it
  • soon after they decided to scrap it and the AI has been :poop: ever since with gem choices. “Why did the AI skip the 4 gem skull match for a 3 gem red match?”… Because the AI’s difficulty scale told it to take it easy on you player…

But I’ll stop before the topic gets completely derailed… Just wanted to give an example of changes made from Point A to B.

4 Likes

Here is the loot data that @Geran and myself accumulated during the gnome event this weekend:

Loot Table Amount Percentages
Treasure Gnomes 259 NA
2 Minors 26 10.04%
3 Celestials 2 0.77%
100 Souls 29 11.20%
500 Souls 8 3.09%
2 Diamonds 15 5.79%
5 Diamonds 11 4.25%
5 Gems 24 9.27%
20 Gems 2 0.77%
1 Event Key 6 2.32%
3 Event Keys 4 1.54%
1 Gem Key 19 7.34%
4 Gem Keys 6 2.32%
2,500 Gold 49 18.92%
4,000 Gold 17 6.56%
6,000 Gold 12 4.63%
10,000 Gold 4 1.54%
20,000 Gold 2 0.77%
30,000 Gold 3 1.16%
Vault Keys 20 7.72%
18 Likes

Thanks for collecting that data @Macawi and @Geran.

2 Likes

you two didn’t get any 50,000 gold drops?

No, not a single one. What is listed on the table is each loot reward we got.

Thank you! It’s a fantastic post. In months of gnomes and daily playing (3hours or more), though, I have never seen a single Vault key.

2 Likes

3rd gnome event update: 61 VK’s in 7602 Battles = 1:125

2 Likes

thank you very interesting

1 Like

I think they should eliminate the 2 minor traitstones possibility. It just makes us feel bad when it happens (which is a lot)

2 Likes

100 souls should go, as well as 500. Or 2 diamonds.

2 Likes

I would be happy if they remove minor stones and souls from the pool

1 Like

And then make gold more common?

Yeah i don’t care gold always welcome
5000 minimum something under this would be ridiculous

2 Likes

Get rid of the 2500 gold option as well.
I know it’s supposed to just be a little extra. But for those who only play an hour or so a day, it’s already rare enough to find a gnome, only to be kicked in the nuts with the crap rewards.

1 Like

Also have a bigger chance getting an event key or gem key rather than the depressing rewards would help a lot.

3 Likes

Question for the Devs: Is the routine for spawning gnomes as follows:

A) You have x% chance to spawn a gnome, and then 50% to spawn a Pet Gnome (as there are currently only 2 gnomes)

or

B) You have x% chance to spawn a Pet Gnome, and y% chance to spawn a Red Gnome.

Because if it is method A, please remove the red gnomes from the game…

I have been doing PvP for 2 entire levels around level 1150 (so a lot of matches) and I only saw 2 Red Gnomes, which is ridiculous! I mean, how are we ever going to get the 36+ pets multiple times to level them up?

Because it’s not just YOU hunting for them genius. It’s all 30 people in your guild.

What OP is asking is still very relevant nonetheless.

And red gnomes are really rarer than they were before 3.4. I mean as much as 5 times rarer