We heard you like Gnomez?

he’s talking about Explore, which isn’t player based.

That being said, I’ve seen him like once or twice in Explore. I usually don’t believe it immediately when I see it, although it doesn’t drop any rewards

I am talking well over 100 games.
I do explore, about 15 sec each.

I know about random and luck.
I been playing this game forever.
I played last 2 days, and gor many gnomes.
I know what is normal and not.

I just stopped playing.
An hour ago I tried again, and they are back, a good number of gnomes and all.

I feel a bit frustrated for the 3h of farming wasted.

This is a dangerous mindset to have when playing a game that relies on RNG, especially when trying to obtain a somewhat rare outcome. You didn’t waste those hours. Barring some sort of bug (which you are the only person to report), you had the same chance for a gnome during those 3 hours as you do any other time during the event. The fact that you got (very) unlucky doesn’t mean you wasted your time. There was always a chance you could have seen a gnome.

Trying to farm Arcane Light traitstones in Khetar is wasting your time. Trying to hunt for a gnome in PVP or Explore is not.

7 Likes

That is the problem when you not only make rng an integral part of most of your game, but literally make RNG a standalone content of the game.
With more parts of the game becoming more and more rng-affected lately up to the core of the game with the unity switch and borked spawn/create/refresh algorirthms, actual RNG as content is a slap in the face.
This “event” better die(which it wont obviously) or it will always be really terrible for some players and quite alright for others…which is the nature of rng.

From someone who did 1000’s of battles last event and this one I can tell you the appearance of gnomes is extremely streaky. Like even more streaky than regular rng. Maybe has something to do with the play again button I don’t know. All I know is when I hit a dead patch switching kingdoms and/or checking mail to reset the explore teams seems to fix it. I know you’re thinking it’s just observer bias or whatever but I swear it works.

1 Like

My bad, was skimming too quickly and missed the explore bit. Sorry!

I did 23 vault this week-end and I got 0 vault key from the vault as a reward.

Anyone else experienced something similar?

For anyone interested I did over 13,000 total matches in the 2 events we’ve had so far. First event I got a VK every 122 matches. 2nd event it was a VK every 130 matches. So average for me so far is 1:126.

5 Likes

so, does vault key chances raised on gnome weekend or not?

or we just get more vault keys than normal because we faced more gnome?

1 Like

I got 0 vault keys in 700 killed gnomes before the event and got 23 vault keys in 300 killed gnomes this event so…

1 Like

But you AND the others (there were others) were all experienced players. There are ALWAYS tradeoffs mostly in the form of nerfs to rewards when things are increased/changed. I don’t need to make a list if the nerfs…

By asking for the Gnome appearance rate to be the exact same as the event rate for everyday activities was way too much. I know you did not directly write “Nerf the rewards”, but that’s where we are.

I am personally dreading Daily Tasks arriving on PC/Mobile because I’m CERTAIN it will incorporate a rework, and utilize the voodoo mathematics of Gem Value to “increase” in rewards.

The problem is i was okay with the bad rewards outside of the vault event but i never wanted to touch the gnome and vault rewards during the vault event

I feel like i made a wish to a genie in a lamp but i was not specific enough so the genie did what i want but also nerfed the rewards i didin’t want to touch

Like i said i didin’t know at this time the vault rewards were same as 3x normal gnome and a chance to get orb or troop with cedrik

If i had that information, you could be sure i would never ask for more gnome and bad rewards outside of the vault event.

I never asked it to be the same but more often, i mean i played during 10h before i could find one and the rewards was 3 celestial stones so i had very good reason to be piss, now we see them more often so if i get a crap reward at least i know the other one is not so far… but like i said if i knew vault and gnome rewards were related i would prefer never see the gnome outside of the vault event but get good rewards during the vault event

I’ve repeatedly said it was not just you, so don’t play so wounded. The damage is done. I always thought the developers made a mistake by not simply having a Gnome even that same weekend for real, but whatever. Here are only 2 quotes but there are probably way more requesting the higher mistakenly activated “Event” rate during regular play.

Btw i asked salty during the stream why we didin’t get buffed vault rewards this weekend? She answered she thought we had it… That tell you how organised they are

1 Like

its the thought that count :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Even if they buff the gnomes inside the vault we still won’t be getting anywhere near the rewards the gnome event was originally intended to give. (like in the first hour after 3.3)

I know but at least if they remove the 2 minor amd souls from the pool, the vault key will worth it

Does anyone know - Cedrick in the Vault is a Boss? Can he be instantly slain by some boss slayer (I prefer Freya)?

His troop type is just “gnome”, not “boss” or “boss/gnome”, so Freya wouldn’t do extra damage to him.

1 Like