We heard you like Gnomez?

I agree the players asked for lower rewards and more Gnomes…they need to put it back to what it was supposed to be. No event you should hardly ever see gnome unless you play game all day. If you happen to get event key the rewards should be fantastic. Event should be more Gnomes and more with event keys with rewards in the vault being same. What we have now is too many terrible rewards even in the vault. I guess they could make it where you could see more than one Cedrick in vault but even he sometimes drops a card or 2000 souls most do not need.

We got a taste of what the gnome event was intended to be like in the first hour after 3.3. Now since they added the crappy drops (and claiming they we doing us a favor) we are only getting about 1/4 of the rewards we should be during the event. It really pisses me off, they know full well we are worse off but can’t be assed fixing it. “it’s a very difficult fix” excuse/lie.

And for those saying we should be happy for any extra rewards, the gnomes were intended to make up for the extra resource drain of new events but they would only have done that if not nerfed.

6 Likes

This could be fixed really easy, just remove the souls and minor stones rewards, no need to replace them, it could be done in 1 minute

3 Likes

I’ll give them a tiny bit of credit that they buffed it a tiny iota.

I haven’t seen 4 minor traitstones drop and I think the previous event gave 1,000 souls as a possible vault reward. Kinda overshadowed since 2 minor traitstones is still a drop and 2,000 souls isn’t much better than 1,000 souls.

2 minor is still there, i don’t know about 1000 souls but i catched 500 and 100 souls several time so i suspect it’s still there, to be honest i don’t think they buffed anything

It seems that some people just want the rewards to be distributed differently , while others want the rewards buffed.

In the first instance, someone is always going to complain about how rewards are distributed. So the developers have no incentive to change the distribution of rewards.

In the second instance, the original complainers, after the event first launched stated that it wasn’t about the rewards, they just wanted to see more gnomes. Well, the community got more gnomes.

Presumably the developers have some heuristic of ambiguous accuracy they use to plot rewards vs. profit. How much room they have to maneuver is anyone’s guess. Regardless, evidence would suggest that expending energy to please a vocal minority is an endless, thankless, and pointless task.

On the otherhand, the purpose of the f2p model it to earn as much money as possible for as long as possible from an IP. To the degree that voluntary interactions can be considered exploitive, f2p games are the most exploitive. Thus, f2p developers and gamers are almost certain to enter into conflict from time to time. Confict is the cost f2p developers must pay to reap the benefits the f2p space can potentially deliver.

Now that I’ve properly offended everyone, I believe my job here is done.

3 Likes

It’s not that I want to complain, but where exactly should I encounter gnomes? Because since Friday I found exactly zero in over 50 PvP games.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to farm Arcane Beast stones to trait Ketras (yay, Soulforge!). I went 60 games without a gnome. It happens.

People wanted more gnomes. Original drop rates with original reward system would have broken the economy—especially with the number of Vault keys players earned. So devs left the drop rate unchanged but added more rewards to keep the Vault key rate more or less the same.

The problem is that Vault gnomes draw from the same table as free-range gnomes. So we have “correct” amounts of Vault keys, but the Vault rewards are lower than originally intended to be.

1 Like

That’s rather unlucky but it’s easier to find in explore due to the speed of the game with a farm team. I fought one in PVP 5 min ago.

Is the event over?
Gnomes are just gone since Sunday reset for me.

Literally the first Explore match I started, just to see:

And I got an Arcane Stone from the battle! :+1:

Ok then.
I got zero for last hour.
Got 7 Arcanes and 3 Celestials, zero gnomes

Was there a ninja increase to drop rate for the gnome troop in vaults? I got none in the previous vault event and 4 in the current vault event.

I haven’t gotten any gnomes, but I got Sparklesack twice.

Sorry to come back with this, but I have now played all morning, and got zero gnomes.
Not « barely any gnomes ». ZERO.
This is less than non-Vault event, where I get a few.

I am on Mobile, I restarted the game and switched devices. Can the event be bugged for some players?

How long you played isn’t a useful evaluative measure. Knowing approximately how many matches you played and in what mode would be more helpful. Since the gnomes are random, you need a rather large sample size before you can start to infer anything from the data. For example, even if you’ve played 100 matches, you could just be having an absurd streak of bad luck. Once you’ve reached 150+ matches without a gnome, it’s reasonable to start considering bugs, but you can never be sure.

Fun fact, even trained statisticians are not very good at identifying random distributions.

I get roughly 1 gnomes every 15-20 fights and that’s on a 3000+ fights sample on explore mode

I was doing explore and saw cedrik??? I didin’t know we could fight him outside of the vault?

Edit: btw he didin’t drop anything when i killed him

You saw Cedric because the player who set that defense team put him there. You can get his card from the Vault. :slight_smile:

It was during explore