We heard you like Gnomez?

So 3 of those are nice,the rest essentially useless. And this is from someone who’s rank 500 and needs resources

There is hope.

2 Likes

I could’ve been luckier on these “rolls” but this time i wasn’t… It is what it is.

2 keys in a row now, pure rng luck is all.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying and agree about the “normal” gnomes to some extent, I’m OK with the way they drop things. I want the Vault to be a different thing.

It’s this game mode that, due to rarity, I have not been able to play since the last Gnome Event which I guess was earlier in the month. I’m more active than I think. So if I’m seeing it “once every three weeks” I’m expecting some pretty sweet rewards.

For reference: once a week I get 70 diamonds from the Dungeon, and every day I get 20. Every three weeks, the Vault gives me a maximum yield of… 6 diamonds, unless Cedric can drop more (I haven’t seen it.) One time I got 50k gold! That’s… 10-20 PvP battles, or less than half an hour. These rewards just don’t match “you get one shot every three weeks”, even when I consider the best cases.

7 Likes

I think we are just “out of luck” for this week, in the sense that maybe the devs couldn’t finish whatever they intended for the Vault Event.

Holidays get in the way of schedules, and we don’t know if some crucial part of the team had to leave earlier for any reason or whatnot, they are people just like us and sometimes they must seize the opportunity of such holidays close to weekends to visit some relatives who live far away or something like that so they’ll miss one or two days under some “work agreement” for the next big holiday i think.

2 Likes

The Gnome rate was originally set too high, then adjusted to its intended value. Players complained about never seeing a Gnome, so the devs increased the spawn rate and added less-valuable drops to the pool. So we have the original spawn rate but occasionally worthless drops.

1 Like

They buffed traitstones, diamonds and souls to be more often and Nerfed the hell out of the only thing else that you got that was good. Gold!

Most common drop now 2 minor stones and 100 souls. This is intended - vault keys are scarce.

Vault rewards are poor - that is also a design choice.

2 Likes

I really don’t understand all the negativity toward this event. I’ve already received dozens of event and gem keys, as well as 100’s of gems and diamonds.

Perhaps it’s because I’m not in a large guild, thus the rewards seem more significant to me? Or is there some other variable I’m missing? Or is this just selection bias, and the negativity is only representative of a vocal minority?

4 Likes

A few factors:

1. Vault keys are near impossible to find in the wild outside of the Vault event.
  2. 1 Vault key is given as a reward for Raid/Invasion and I think 2? for Bounty. They’re considered to be valuable rewards.
  3. Given the rarity of the keys, you can still receive 2,000 souls as a top prize, and still receive souls and minor traitstones as secondary prize. Neither prize is worth the effort it takes to find said Vault key. My first Vault key yesterday gave: 2,000 Souls, 5,000 Gold, 2 Minor Nature Traitstones., which had an equivalent value of 0 in my eyes.

Currently (for me), 1 in every 4 Vault keys has been duds, which is annoying since Vault keys aren’t consistent in the slightest to obtain, especially outside of Vault events. (duds: 2,000 souls or gold)

Now if I extend the range of what I consider duds, its uglier:
2,000 souls
Gold
20 Diamonds (which is valued at less than 50 gems, since daily packs include other trinkets)
Treasure Gnome (getting 1 is great, getting 191 at 1 at a time is dumb)
Valraven (see Treasure Gnome)
3 of 4 of the Orb of Chaos prizes, given the rarity of the Orb. Bonus negative points if its Orb of Growth, which is worse than 2,000 souls somehow.

I’m looking at about 50% dud rate for my Vault prizes.

Yes, the Vault key can give good stuff. The frequency of the good stuff is not balanced right compared to potential grief it can cause given the effort to obtain one.

7 Likes

The Gnomes themselves are fine, IMO. I like them and see them as supplemental income. My only wish is I had some way to see a total of what I’d received, since the individual rewards are low. Seeing a weekly, “Whoa! In the last 7 days, you got 15 diamonds, 35 gems, 18 minor traitstones, and 18,000 gold from gnomes!” would remind me it’s there.

The Vault Key is what I’m complaining about because the rewards it gives do not match its rarity. My experience is I will get fewer than one Vault Key per week, that makes me expect a reward so good it compares to other things I might do for a week in the game. It doesn’t.

Now, it’d be stupid if it gave me something so rare it counted as a week of progress. 1,000,000 gold, 20 arcanes, 100,000 souls: those are silly rewards that shouldn’t be given.

But I sort of expect more than what I tend to get from 2-3 Explore matches or 1 PvP if I only get access to a thing once a month. Considering the time it takes to leave Explore, go to the Vault, and change teams, I’d rather just hoard up my Vault keys and spend them 10 at a time so I feel like I’m getting something.

I don’t think that was the intent.

8 Likes

Let me state up front I’m not attacking you on this point. I’m simply going to say that I think a lot of the negativity over gnomes & vaults is based on people trying to farm gnomes & vault keys, which I personally believe was NOT the intention of adding them to the game. I think their intention was to break up the daily grind, be it explore or PvP, by inserting random extra rewards and a little extra.

If people accepted that they’d be more excited by those 2 diamonds, 5 gems or extra event key that they wouldn’t have gotten before and they could shrug off the 2 minors & 100 souls rather than be disappointed. But because people are trying to farm them, they’re disappointed when the reward is less than they feel the effort they put into farming them.

I did 5 vault keys yesterday and for the 5 extra minutes diversion from normal play I got over 100k gold, 100 gems, 12 event keys & some other misc stuff. Personally I’m more than happy with that. For those not reaping those kinds of rewards from vault keys I hope your karma evens out in the near future.

12 Likes

1 Like

I got 2 vault keys in 15 gnomes
10 arcanes Stones
3 celestial stones
3 celestial stones from 1 gnome
In the last 1 h WOW!!!

1 Like

Sort of… it was “set”/released with the Gnome event active/on. After the developers turned the ‘event’ off a few players that play all day companied non-stop on the forum making it seem like 100% of the player base had pitchforks out. The developers changed Gnomes, and we are still in that state weeks later.

2 Likes

I’d believe that if the Vault Event didn’t exist. As a 3 day event to encounter more Gnomes AND get more Vault keys, the Vault Event is structured to encourage farming.

If it was just the gnomes with no special days, you’d be right. (probably)

They could easily limit the Gnomes prizes per day and made sure each prize given was actually worth the time, but then Gems of War wouldn’t get the bump in traffic statistically that active farming would encourage.

The Vault Event is also one of the few ways to recoup “equivalent gem value” from the costs of Raid, Invasion, and Bounty. (P.S. Raid and Bounty are going to be on the same week after the next GW cycle, have fun with that), so it basically encourages itself to be farmed even more since nothing else can remotely do anything similar.

Of course, TVE can be ignored and people can donate to the Devs to help keep the game afloat as well. Highly encouraged. Not telling people how to play TVE, just how its perceived.

3 Likes

I don’t hate the gnome change during off-hours, except that it impacted the Vault too, which nobody expected with the proposed change.

1 Like

I’m not against such thing, it’s good to see how much rewards you got over the days and notice how well or bad it goes sometimes, but you can track your results in something as simple as piece of paper…

I used to take screenshots of the rewards, at least i did it for the first event, but for this one i’m just using the Windows Notepad.

Today the gnomes were plenty and i had some better rewards with just a few “rolls” compared to my previous experience this week:

#Battle with a gnome / Reward
5 / Minor Stones
12/ 5 Gems
15/ 100 Souls
16/ 1 Event Key
24/ 4 Gem Keys
27/ 2,5K Gold
32/ 5 Gems
34/ 5K Gold
58/ 3 Event Keys
62/ 100 Souls
64/ 500 Souls

1 Like

Exactly i am the person he is refering in his post but i already mentionned when i made that post i had no clue the gnome and vault rewards were related

So when i realise it was a big mistake, i did another post asking to revert it to original drop rate and rewards but people called me crazy and defended the dev saying they are not crazy enough to touch the vault rewards but this is exactly what happened and it was too late…

1 Like