We heard you like Gnomez?

All I seem to get recently is minor traitstones from gnomes, that is when I do actually find one which is very rare.

Yea @Rickygervais they will fix it… in a few months… Maybe… if they remember… possibly.
I found a farming error but I’m not telling them more because it’s beneficial to the end user.

On the bright side - gnomes are red so they’re worth a snotstone :wink:

2 Likes

When did they say that the Vault would have better rewards? I keep seeing people mention it, but I missed when they said it.

It was during a stream and sirrian mentionned they will buff it for next vault event (today)

Except they didn’t, which surprised no one.

Hmmm well that is definitely kind of lame. I’ve only gotten one Vault key so far for this event, but I ended up with 2 diamonds and 125 gems. Considering how low I am on gems, it was much appreciated haha.

That was a very nice vault, you are lucky

Some people getting souls and minor stones and that really suck for a vault rewards

I agree, minor stones and souls should not be in the Vault. I don’t even think gnomes should have minor stones, but I guess that’s why it’s a “gamble”.

1 Like

Yeah i will just keep my keys until we got confirmation it’s fixed

No points to waste a key for shitty stones and souls

Around 50 explore battles to run into my first treasure gnome since the weekend event kicked off. Anyone else have such results? I thought the chances of getting treasure gnomes were increased for the weekend?

Edit: I’ve ran into 3 treasure gnomes in the past 7 explore battles since this post. May have just been bad luck.

1 Like

Yeah. My luck is pretty terrible too. I’m averaging a gnome about 1 in every 25 Explore battles. Isnt the original rate 1 in every 30? Not much of a increase in spawn rate. Between that and not getting the rewards buff they talked about, I’m not enthused right now. Which sucks, because the Gnomes are the one big thing I really like about this update. I guess I’ll try again later.

3 Likes

I got my first vault key after killing 20 gnomes after event started but after killing more than 700 gnomes before that…

0.15% ish is an abyssimal drop rate…

No joke, I just had back-to-back-to-back-to-back gnome spawns. 4 in a row confirmed to happen and one dropped a vault key.

#Illuminati

8 Likes

4 in a row, wow. Talk about a miracle. :blush:

2 Likes

I had something similar just once, but in my case i got four Celestial Traitstones while farming Arcanes last year (i think).

2 Likes

I want to take this chance to recount what happened with Gnomes, how it was fixed, and why I think that fix was an error. It won’t do anything, but it doesn’t seem like I usually see all the bits put together.

• When the gnomes originally released, the appearance rate was much higher than intended.
  • This bothered the devs mostly because it meant players got rewards at an undesirable pace. (Players didn’t seem to mind.)
  • The devs made two adjustments:
    • The Gnome appearance rate was set to what it was supposed to be.
    • Several lower-value items were added to the Gnome drop pool.

My opinion is making BOTH of those fixes at once was a mistake. Either one of them might have been sufficient.

• A rare drop rate with “good” prizes means players get rare, good rewards.
  • A high drop rate with lots of “dud” prizes means players get mostly trash rewards with a few “good” rewards.

To get a “good” Vault, you first have to encounter a Gnome (rare). Then that Gnome has to drop a Vault key (very rare). Then, the four Gnomes you face have to choose a “good” prize (rare). I am not excited that I have a rare chance for a very rare drop that is most likely to result in an insignificant prize. That is too much “rare” for too little “good”.

My opinion is when the prize pool was adjusted, no thought was given to the impact this might have on the Vault. So adjusting the prize pool to have “duds” acted to devalue the Vault. THEN the appearance rate decrease compounded that devaluation.

I think the proper way for it to work is:

• Gnome appearance rate should proceed as-is.
  • The prize pool should be adjusted to contain more “good” prizes, but perhaps leaving a Vault key as a very rare drop.

If Gnomes can only drop good things, the Vault is potentially 4x of a good thing. So once-a-month rarity for a Vault key is still exciting. As is, I estimate the value of a Vault key is about 0.4x of a good thing. I’d rather play 16 Explore matches than 1 Vault round, and that’s my baseline for “1x of a good thing”.

Multiplying the encounter rate doesn’t make that more exciting. If we’ve quadrupled the appearance rate of Gnomes, sure, maybe I’ll get 4x my multiple Vault Key rate. That means, based on my last month of data, I can expect to find between 0 and 2 vault keys this weekend. So my expected value is 0.8x of a good thing this weekend, or “8 explore matches for a weekend of work”.

Yawn.

12 Likes

The bad thing with a very rare spawn rate of gnomes, as it was originally intended, is that it cathers (mostly) to players that can play the game for long hours for a chance to find one, OR have outstanding luck at finding one at least once a day.

How we have it now everyone can find gnomes every now and then on regular days, with better chances at the event, if the players ignore the lesser rewards and accept they have at least some regular chance to get something decent, like some gem/event keys, gems, diamonds, Celestial Traitstones and such, then they could understand that it’s more or less the same thing.

Case 1: Very Rare Gnomes with better rewards are good IF you find one gnome, that is.

Case 2: Rare Gnomes with “bad to good” rewards will give bad rewards more often sure, not arguing with that, but the very few moments you get something nice can be compared to finding a gnome in Case 1, and there is even a chance that you would get two nice rewards in a row. But yes, in Case 1 you could even have two gnomes spawning in a short period of time, but from my experience with the original spawn rate that was reaaaaaaaaally unlikely.

In this general sense, even during the Vault Event the amount of gnomes appearing and Vault Keys dropping could maybe compensate the bad rewards simply the sheer amount of “rolls” you make for rewards as long as you play.

But my impression is that players are, still, putting too much hope on gaining great rewards trying to compensate all the changes in the economy regarding the gems… So they think that having meager chances at finding gnomes with better rewards would imply in a lot of gems…

1 Like

The problem is when they added the crappy souls and minors to the gnome loot tables it also added them to the gnomes in the VAULT. So while the droprate of vault keys remained the same they seriously nerfed the rewards when you actually find one.

But seeing as how it doesn’t benefit the player it’ll probably take them months to fix if at all. Unlike the initial gnomes which only took an hour to change. Save your keys.

10 Likes

Well, for people in doubt about the current spawn rate i decided to register my Explore battles in the last hour. The results:

#Battle with Gnome / Rewards
2 / Minor Stones
24/ 6K Gold
26/ 5 Diamonds
32/ Minor Stones
51/ 100 Souls
60/ Minor Stones
73/ 10K Gold
83/ 4k Gold
90/ 5 Gems
94/ 20K Gold
95/ Minor Stones
103/ 2,5K Gold
107/ 2,5K Gold
114/ 100 Souls
125/ 1 Gem Key
138/ 3 Event Keys
142/ 4K Gold
155/ 500 Souls
178/ Last Battle i did, no gnome.

Total of 8 Arcanes (Swamp) and 5 Celestial Traistones.