Wax On, Wax Off

Originally published at: Wax On, Wax Off – Gems of War
Now is the time of the beast!

New Troop: Wandering Monk

The deserts of the Leonis Empire are an unwelcoming place for most creatures, but the Empire is home to one group of folk who seek out the peace and tranquility found there. The Wandering Monks of Nur’Haj take to the desert once every year, to renew their monastic vows, and find wisdom in the sands.

New Troop: Mantis

One race PERFECTLY at home in the deserts of the Empire are the Mantisfolk. These bug-like humanoids live in large colonies that exist deep below the surface. Their warriors are fierce and can wield multiple weapons at once!

Please note this Event only applies to Steam, iOS and Android versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

11 Likes

A brown/yellow. RIP glory stash.

1 Like

Yes! I can now power the Empire to 5 or better. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Ooooh. Arcane Mountains. Yes!

1 Like

Gards Avatar will be very happy this week! People will be spending Glory like crazy :wink:

2 Likes

42 traitstones at 300 glory each = 12.6k - dont know if that’s really worth it, even though I’d like to have mine traited.

EDIT: Guess we should still save some glory for the next event with a common troop so we can trait the corresponding guardian.

1 Like
2 Likes

Oh no, another bug in the game…

Made my day XD

5 Likes

Way of the mantis.

Love it :+1::+1::+1::+1:

I really like the artwork for both of these new troops. Keep it up, devs :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I hope these troops come on consoles someday!

Sweet, maybe the devs will give me a refund on the 20 hours I spent farming those last month :smiley:

1 Like

Is it possible to have some news about the Merchant Blade?

1 Like

Yes!
We’re planning on that being in the shop as a 300 Glory pack from Dec 5 - Dec 12

11 Likes

Very cool! Am looking forward to both of them! :smiley:

NowayJoe2Go

Yay, cool new stuff :slight_smile:

@sirrian given the event title I kinda expected more karate kid puns… where’s Mr Miyagi?

That feeling when you see new art you love, on a troop that will never find any kind of use because it is literally just a terrible arcane stone placeholder for people to spend glory on…

1. not sure what you mean as both look okay for use… not Khorvash-powered and not super-competitive, but certainly usable…

2. bit over-cynical and the event has started yet…

Mantis looks ok, but the Monk seems aweful. Really low damage for that amount of mana cost, terrible traits, but sure i can hold back my judgement for when i get to use this troop and the magic happens…

At the very least, Desert Mantis looks like quite a desirable Arena pick.