Version 6.0 Installed! Announcement?

Steam just installed version 6.0 for me. Was there an announcement for this?

1 Like

The update is available on iOS as well. And no, I didn’t see an announcement.

Official news post is up, but no forum thread yet. https://gemsofwar.com/6-0-update/

Place your bets now! How closely will reality match this description of the battle crasher appearing, based on how well they did with The Flesh Horror last week?

• Players will only be able to earn a maximum of 10 Kingdom Crowns per day, with the chance to encounter the Kingdom Battlecrasher decreasing after players have encountered it 5 times. This will reset daily.
2 Likes

Ugh, here we go again

Edit:

• In Journey Events, players use a team made of a Troop Type and Mana Color, to defeat battles and earn Miles.

Lemme just look at this week’s world event. Oh…

5 Likes

Thanks.
I went looking for the latest news but apparently they were in the middle of posting it there at that time.

Might need some time to deal plan around their first post-monetization update angry mob without Salty.

Nah, they’ll just claim the community is weeping tears of joy and disappear for at least a week. Same approach as for everything they posted the past weeks, make some ridiculous claim and refuse to communicate any further.

How many season passes are necessary to purchase to allow advertised troops to be in chests?

And then if they aren’t, compensation for the deception.

I would like to sign up for that season pass please. :raising_hand_man:

If it does end up being 2-3 months when the exclusove troops become readily available, that will be incredibly annoying.

3-4 weeks is bad enough with the vagueness, but 2-3 months is a longer waittime and tougher to pin down when a troop is available.

The battlecrasher thing is making me less optimistic with how the Halloween event went…

3 Likes

The Royal Pass seems similar to the campaign’s Epic Pass; paid players get the troops etc earlier, free players get the chance at them from chests or the vault a while later.

As a free player: not wild about the long time gate, but it could be worse.

Also, sad to see that the Bug Fixes section is back to just “an assortment of small issues”.

8 Likes

Realistically you might have to wait up to year, the chance to pull those exclusive troops outside of a kingdom event is pretty much zero, several times lower than receiving a mythic.

1 Like

Pricing is conspicuously absent…

…now that it’s released, are Beta testers allowed to reveal such details (assuming even they have them?)?

1 Like

I doubt pricing considerations are shared in any way with beta testers.

Can’t be proven wrong if you don’t say what you think you did

5 Likes

That is a fair point that outsode of event keys it would be harder to pull them given the expansive troop pool.

An arbitrary extension to nearly double to triple that time waiting period is ridiculous. If it is not communicated when they would be available, especially ingame, then that would be inexcusable as we have seen that be a major issue in the past in vaults and regular chests.

It may be difficult to get a missing troop outside of the event keys, but even one troop copy can be enough, especially if one is willing to upgrade it with an ascension orb.

This change has no tangible benefit to the players and seems to only twist the arm harder for a FOMO.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay on the announcement post in the forums folks! We’re still having problems with the feature that allows us to automatically schedule the cross post between Wordpress and Discourse (the forum).

I’ve manually posted it:

1 Like

This part is interesting:

Players will only be able to earn a maximum of 10 Kingdom Crowns per day, with the chance to encounter the Kingdom Battlecrasher decreasing after players have encountered it 5 times. This will reset daily.

Half the Battlecrasher at full chance, half at diminishing returns. This matches what the community oberserved with the Flesh Horror, 1 at full chance, 1 at reduced chance, just now with a factor 5 applied. Looks like the hard cap of 2 was exactly planned this way, no matter what got communicated.

9 Likes

Either:

• 5-6 per day max, because on the “test week” (trick or treat event) an intended softcap was either 1 or 2 was functioning as an effective hard cap of 2, because the part of the code intended to reduce chances reduced them to at or near zero
    OR
  • 10 max per day, because on the “test week” the hard cap was actually set to 2 confirming early on this part of the code worked correctly despite what was communicated (but all 10 might arrive very quickly, causing a “nerf” to the rate of appearance very early on, causing many people to be upset)

This looks like another “pretend to be free to play” event to me. Might be better than campaigns, could be worse, but a lot of the desirable stuff looks to be pay-gated, and if you have a developed account, you are actively punished by not paying. The timer on the timed exclusives looks to be even worse and I’m not sure how long it will be before even the most dedicated GaP farmers won’t be able to reliably pull a specific tarot over the course of several months despite going all out on every GaP weekend.

Journeys look like they intended to take the worst part of World Events (overly restricted team building, super repetitive and not substantively different battles) and bounties (need to slot an weak troop just for “scoring” purposes). Maybe the whole “branching paths” thing will give some salient choices… but I don’t see this unless they impact your team comp, and being full restricted to both a color and troop type tends to make for teams that just sort of “drag their feet”, even if you can field something that is effective.

I am extremely not happy about the lack of specificity on exactly when a troop would be in a specific chest after an event. This really needs to stop. The whole “3 to 4 weeks time” was handwaved as “well, it might not be exactly 4 weeks because they might go in earlier than exactly the 4 week”, which enough people accepted that the practice has been going on for as long as I can remember. Saying something will be available in chests in “2 to 3 months” is being intentionally vague and setting yourselves up for another Arachnean Weaver situation.

12 Likes

5 weeks + 3-4 weeks: 8-9 weeks so 2-3 months.