Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (in 4.7)

In the last dev Q&A or the one before it, they mentioned they were looking at changing how guild seals worked, potentially removing the cap and making it more intuitive, like how clan orbs work.

I wonder if that’s a change coming with 4.7? If they raised or removing the cap on seals, that would make some sense as to why they’re making LTs harder to obtain.

1 Like

prob add more stuff in there like pet food and what not to guild chests to water down that pool too. I am sure that is a requested feature somewhere.

/muffled noises

3 Likes

I just did a rough count of gold contributions from Match Masters and it looks like we do between 15-30 Legendary tasks per week (not saying exactly how much), either way this is not good for us in any way …

I mean, I was leading with “not good”, I hadn’t even checked us specifically.

So not enough to get any under the upcoming system?
How many guilds like that are there? Majority of those who can do legendary tasks currently, I suppose.

Heap of not-really-worth-the-input stuff for all but the most hardcore. Cool, devs, so cool. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I mean, if I could get guild seals unlimitedly, (almost) all my complaints would disappear.

Because I could just get enough seals to offset (or exceed?! I must be dreaming) the key losses to me that will happen when my guild can no longer complete Legendary Tasks.

My guildmates will still suffer if they don’t grind as much as I do, which sucks, but at least everyone would have a pathway to maintain their collections.

I hope that’s what @Lyrian’s muffled noises are implying, rather than the reverse; NDAs be killin’ my nerves, man :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Chances of being in a LT guild after 4.7 will be the same chances of finding a Sparkle Pony member who has a Faction at 2500 without using potions and has a hoard quality of 100 for that faction.
giphy%20(57)
Wait… nevermind…
One example is 1%.
The other example is 0%.

If the head honcho can’t get it done…

Why are your players expected to?
(And before you grab your spoon to slap my hand. This is public information that can be attained from his GoW profile that is made available by publicly posting his invite code.)

Too busy to play the game is a justifiable excuse. But if you’re too busy to play the game. Too busy to balance the game. Then you should be too busy to give us stuff we don’t want or to nerf anything outside of troops/weapons.

If you want your players to spend 200% less gold.
Then simply remove the gold Bonuses from the game and remove your requests for players to pay real money for them.

Right now I feel like I asked you for a beer. You threw it at the back of my head. After it hit me, I’m like “wtf?”. And you reply “What? You asked for a beer right?”

Intent is one thing. How you go about it is completely another.

15 Likes

I’m very curious to see what happens with guild seals in the next few updates. A good redesign could more than make up for the key losses from legendary tasks, but it’s hard to imagine how making them unlimited would work without destroying the economy. Maybe they’ve done the math and have a plan.

I’m cautiously optimistic that the overall update will be…sort of fine, and that they just decided to announce the worst part of it with no context.

2 Likes

Completely unfounded optimism here, but maybe Legendary Tasks will get a buff in 4.7 to remove all of the endgame-useless filler like traitstones and just be a source of keys?

Counter to what seems to be the intent and tone of Epic Tasks, I realize, but have we heard anything official about no changes to LTs?

Yes optimism is unfounded and unfortunately unrealistic. Historically has a GOW update ever given players a buff from previous versions?

The devs give something new but always take away more each time and call it a rebalance.

4 Likes

I disagree with that claim as only player that don’t have a day job that can keep up with these wall (consider consoles and pc players) can’t login as mobile do.
New players with no job or responsibilities can keep up. obviously at the cost of their mental health as GOW is the only thing they be doing.
Some of us with not much time don’t have many choices specially when been on top guild and top player and then you have to fall back and have to leave because of these ridiculous nerf. And because of this only few OG would stay if these changes are implemented
These the hottest topic to date and for once everyone in community agree that it’s too much and it’s supposed to be an eye opening

Hrmm? I work a full-time day job, a part-time night job, and attend grad business school part-time. To say that my schedule is full and then some is an understatement.

I can mostly keep up with the game in it’s pre-4.7 state, and that won’t change after 4.7. In the not-so-distant future anymore, something is coming, but we’ll see how that goes when it gets here.

That said, with my schedule over the last year, I cannot play at a top-tier level and backed out of that level of play quite awhile ago. I’ve been extraordinarily fortunate to land in a great second-tier guild that has many players like me. They are okay with me showing zeroes on the guild statline until Friday night or Saturday morning, where I make up lost ground and reach guild requirements. The guild clears every weekly event, and I’m on the cusp of crafting Zuul’Goth.

That said, I’ve been able to achieve what I can my account given my hectic schedule because I’ve planned my resource allocations well.

– Prioritize what events yield the best rewards for your time. I’ve dropped PvP, as glory keys don’t mean much to me. For me, AB → Dungeon → Delves → Event → Explore, in order of time and willpower available. Fortunately, delves can be 3 or 4 roomed to speed through them, if time is an issue. I haven’t made it to Explores at all in the last two weeks, but I do have some relevant medals crafted.

– The big focus is always Kingdom Power, always. More Power equals greater tributes in general, which means greater gem income per tribute collected. This is huge, because this gives the player more flexibility on how to spend their gem income that week or to save up for future big spends (like Bounty weekend). I crafted most of my missing mythics outside of the critical ones in the order that needed them to pass Power 10 to reach the next tier of tribute rates. Nowadays, almost all kingdoms can reach 10 (they all will by April).

On that note, it might start being more beneficial for players to convert gems to diamonds in the Dungeon daily than chasing mythics in chests. 4000 diamonds is a guaranteed mythic of choice (over time). Spending 5-10k gems on Gem chests on a new mythic weekend is NEVER a guarantee of pulling a mythic.

– Pets: I’ve used my extra gem income to complete pets. The next major headache after pulling a kingdom mythic is raising a kingdom pet to 20. When within the last 10 copies needed of the pet, and I have at least 500+ gems to spare, I will buy a few tiers in the pet shop. It’s ~90 gems per copy of a pet in the long run.

– A minor orb of ascension can be worth 5 copies of a legendary. That’s a lot of gems / Event Keys saved on a new Legendary week. It’s also the main reason why I don’t have Zuul’Goth crafted yet.

I will admit that the shared playing environment on PC/Mobile is a godsend. I can play on PC, as normal, and where possible use mobile to pick up extra tributes. This truly sucks for console/Switch players, who can’t do that.

Seriously, dropping to a Tier 2 guild and going “serious casual” has been one of the best things for my mental sanity towards this game in a long, long time.

It’s totally possible, still. But, players need a plan and they have to stick to it and learn to LET GO of obtaining everything, every single week. The load for players that have to hit the top rewards of everything each week hasn’t reached max yet (it won’t increase in 4.7, but soon…)

9 Likes

I totally get that. But it was your choice to do that.
4.7 is forcing those Tier 2 guilds into Tier 3 or 4.
And for what? Writs? While the rest is junk.

5 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with you.

The point being raised was if it would be impossible for player to advance their accounts post 4.7 without being in a Tier 1 guild. It’s not impossible, but it is going to be much more burdensome than it already is. That’s indisputable, without question.

1 Like

On this, the math supports this even outside of RNG vs guaranteed if you don’t have VIP Key access - if you run into key scarcity, it is always more efficient to do gems to diamonds and diamonds to mythics than gems to gem keys to chase mythics. A Monday-Saturday diamond purchase is 24 diamonds for 50 gems, or ~8333.33 gems per mythic. Average expectation of a mythic when using gems on Gem Keys is ~9450 gems, and that is if you are constantly purchasing using 50 packs for discounts. However, average expectation of mythic using VIP keys is ~4500 gems… its still random, but this is enough of a difference that, given scarcity and access to VIP keys with your goal being mythic acquisition, you should spend the gems on VIP keys and not daily gem purchases in the dungeon.
Note that the Sunday purchase is more efficient than gems > VIP Keys for chasing mythics.

It does suck having to wait nearly half a year for a new mythic to become available in the soulforge (a possibility at this point if you have just started a new cycle on its exclusive week and it appears on the last week of the next cycle), but this means if you don’t think you can get them all on exclusive week, then don’t go for every one. This is what I do on nearly every alt.

But yeah, budget everything. I’ve been doing this since… Sylvanimora released, the first economy nerf that directly impacted me. Unfortunately, being a “lazy endgamer” disengages you from completing more difficult goals while leaving easier ones as still automatic/completely trivial and there is still almost no middle ground here. Nearly all gameplay is just to prevent attrition on your current pile of resources need to unlock future troops rather than being proactive about progress, and you do this “upkeep” because occasionally you can actually have some fun. This isn’t for everyone and most newer players I see entering endgame either go hard until they burn out and either quit or go full casual.

I still think this is the underlying problem, not “we get less/no legendary tasks” but “instead we get this”. Nearly everything on base guild tasks is a “universal want”. Nearly everything on Legendary Tasks is a “universal want”. Nearly everything on Epic Tasks is not only not a “universal want” but is only short term desirable for small subsets of the playerbase. I think they are firm on wanting to nerf keys here and that was the impetus behind the whole thing, but putting this forth as “this is what you guys wanted” is either yet another fundamental misunderstanding in the request. Some people wanted some of this stuff, and once they get some of it, they won’t want it anymore. Guild task rewards are a collective effort and should mostly be “universal wants”.

So even if this was a directed key nerf (and it is pretty clear that it is) and we aren’t getting those keys back the current slated Epic Tasks rewards are a problem for this reason. It is going to be extremely demotivating and divisive to be in a guild that can cover all the “universal wants” but does not earn enough surplus to consistently hit the new barrier for LTs and either have people throw their gold away on something they don’t want or not be able to spend at all. Having only tasks you don’t want to complete or your guild is asking you to not contribute to is the same not having any tasks to complete, and we’ve already seen how that demotivates.

21 Likes

Love you Ignite. <3

If they really needed to have epic tasks they could have 6 and make them all 1 mil to unlock and have LTs be 1.5 mil and they could have slightly better rewards than they do now.

4 Likes

Message to all guilds Show the devs your displeasure of these new “epic” tasks by only doing the original 6 tasks and the new writs/tokens tasks. The other 4 epic tasks (ingots/treasures/chaos shards/pet food) are certainly NOT worth ~20M gold.

Save your gold and drop it all during GW weeks so you can continue to get LT’s.

Lol, that’s only a choice for 1% of the guilds. What your requesting other players do is exactly what they want players to do. Come on man. That’s why they made them junk. You have to go through junk to get to LT.

4 Likes

Here I am. I’m the low guild that these tasks are for. Rank 248 30/30 members

Weekly contributors 18 for a total of about 5 million per week. People break for a while and come back and that’s OK.

Writs - don’t want them
Tokens - don’t need them
Treasures - already have excess of them (10k for coin purse - just Wow)
Chaos shards - already have excess of them
Pet food - Ha ha ha ha ha. We obviously don’t spam PVP, members do get to tier 1 each week and I can’t actually remember when we got our last pet gnome. What do we need pet food for when you can’t even get a pet gnome?
Ingots - already have excess of them.

Low guilds like us are being used as the “requester” for these things. Well as you can see, nothing could be more incorrect. We will spend a total of zero gold on these tasks.

And by the way, I do not believe there should be pointing to us low guilds as the “scape goat” for changes; which are an obvious attack on gold accumulation.

The way I see it players spend money (or have spent) money to get gold bonuses and higher VIP level bonuses. They then PLAY THE GAME to acquire gold and are eventually rewarded with Legendary Tasks. What is wrong with that?

Touch that spend cycle with caution because players will not transition to buying gems as it shows on paper.

I am not envious of players for getting Legendary Tasks. I say thanks to anyone who has because their revenue has kept the game going.

If 4.7 is implemented, then the game needs to be more palatable to make these resources desirable to players who don’t have them.Here are some recommendations to pass on to the decision makers and are specifically chosen to have as little programming effort as possible so can be introduced with 4.7.

Pet Food

Triple the spawn rate of pet gnomes and increase the duration of the rescue to 3 hours to combat the increased spawn rate. Players in low guilds may actually get the chance to spend gems on pets.

Treasures

Coin Purse. Shift-Delete. No one in the game will argue and the troop doesn’t count for a kingdom.

Delves - Treasures / Chaos shards

For all the delve troops, the trait “Deep - Gain when attacking delves” change to “Persistent Life - 25% chance to resurrect after death when attacking delves” (This is the same as Infernal King, but only when attacking delves).

With this small effort, delves and pure factions may be more popular and more fun?

22 Likes