Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (in 4.7)

Developers do not understand their community. Do not know his desires.
But the worst thing is that they do not understand their game.
When they wanted to introduce three Cedric medals with a 40% purge, the players immediately said that it was a bad idea. And what happened?
It will also be here. Only here when the developers understand their mistake, many players will already leave the game.

1 Like

If the devs ever put a cap on legendary tasks then they should immediately refund every player who ever paid real money for bonus gold stats.

Those who blame the triple digit LT guilds shouldn’t be. Considering those guilds are comprised mainly of whales. Whales that are keeping GoW primarily free to play.

Making gold yet another useless resource for high activity players to stack up shouldn’t be the goal here.

Nor should the devs be trying to justify these changes based on high LT guilds. Which they actually haven’t. This all just Player theory trying to justify the unjustifiable.

The true intent of Epic Tasks and the 300% inflation to being a LT guild is… They don’t like those who are playing for free receiving LT and not spending money on Gems to get new troops.

But maybe I’m wrong. Maybe players like me truly are the issue. But if I’m paying a sizeable amount of money. And getting these resources in exchange for my time and money.
How exactly are they “free resources”? :thinking:

Feature request : VIP level 5 unlocks a GoW economy lesson led by the individual from 505 pulling the strings here.
Don’t worry… they can do this…
blur_bill
During their seminar. :grinning:

3 Likes

I see where you’re coming from, regarding how capping LTs impacts paying players. I don’t know that I buy the argument in its entirety. Capping LTs would place a ceiling on how many resources you can farm weekly, which does in turn affect ability to reliably get new mythic and legendary troops. But excess gold could still be funneled towards hoards, which lets players save gems that would have purchased potions/sigils during faction events—those gems can, in turn, be used for gem/event/VIP keys when supplies run out.

I think one of the things that bothers me is that this change is being presented as “we are giving players something they want!” instead of “the current LT system is not healthy for the game’s economy, so we have to make changes”. They can both be true, but failing to mention the second reason feels demeaning or patronizing. If there are any community managers still reading this far into the thread.

8 Likes

Kinda disagree on a few points:

Players were asking for many of these resources to be added to Legendary tasks, but we were not able to put them there due to their ability to be excessively farmed, imbalancing the game and economy.

That triple digit lt guilds are a prob isnt a player assumpiont but clearly stated above by salty.

Also about the whales/triple digit lts, while is true that whales tend to be there the bonus from vip lvls and ring dont make “you” ger x10 the golds of who dont have those, only a couple thousands gold a match.

Basically a whale get an extra lt over a dolphin only doing 500 matches at least.

What make guilds triple digit lt’s guilds are lot more those who sit at pc/console all day long, implying that capping lt’s will make whales leave imo is totally wrong.

May I ask if you are either whale or 8 hours a day player?

Show me if it’s so clear where she said that.

If buying gold bonuses, or any resource bonus causes an eventual nerf to the game economy. Then the devs are punishing the players who utilize these bonuses.
So there’s no incentive in buying them.

What major changes have come to the game to make Gold Farming different than when they originally got nerfed?

Troops designed making gold too easy?
Ring of Wonder?
Kingdom Star levels?

Like all of these things were implemented by them. Yet we trust them to “manage the game economy to be fair to everyone.”

Like get real.

505 wants more money. 505 figured out a way to make more money. And now we have “Epic Tasks”.

That’s it… Any other excuse is :ox: :poop:.

2 Likes

First question, neither of the 2.

To be more precise right now i do what i MUST (and for that am kinda tired of the game, when in a game i need to do what i MUST DO and not what i WANNA DO isnt going well, look like you didt really read anything of what i said but that’s the same that happened in the mmorpgs where i was “a whale”), a few explore and that is in game, still take quite some time.

As for second request i did but being on phone didnt know how to qoute someone else while replying to you.

post number 203, as you can see it’s clear that the only reason that epic task exist are the infinite LT’s doable “WE WERE NOT ABLE TO PUT THEM THERE DUE TO THE ABILITY TO BE ECCESSIVELY FARMED” dunno what you dont find “clear” on this.

Epic tasks weren’t created because of excessive LT.
She said they couldn’t add resources to LT because they could be farmed.

So they could of easily just added them to LT and raised the cost of a LT from a million gold to 3 million with the added resources.

But basically they wanted to take away LT from those who only do 30 a week. And have it be masked by saying it was for stuff players wanted. How generous of them.

4 Likes

That would never happen, as you have benefited from the purchase for the entire time since it was purchased. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us. If I were to purchase Deathknight armor and a ring of wonder in an attempt to maximize LT prior to the nerf, I would not expect a refund if my xbox got the red ring of death tomorrow.

I have said before that I don’t think LT should be capped, nor do I believe the Epic Tasks should be a barrier to those who wish to complete them. Thank you.

You also just made the point for why current LTs got basically wiped. Because event/gem keys and thus mythic troops were essentially turning into farmable items in massive guilds. It’s a line of spin to hide the fact that this is something to bring the .01% closer to the 99.99% of players. But as you mentioned this is all player theory and I could be wrong.

I’m standing by my points that this was a economy rebalance and I don’t think the devs were attacking any specific group of players or guilds. If I were them I would have a lot of game data we don’t receive(although I would LOVE to see some) and they would be making those decisions on a macro level not a micro level along with 505. Like I said, I could careless how this affects the high level guilds or the whales. Maybe I’m 100% wrong, but I don’t believe the game is going anywhere, no matter what mass hysteria goes on here.

Also not sure why you asking for any reimbursement or even complaining that much. Your guild will still cover the guild tasks AND get LTs. Not to mention you still keep your stat boosts outside of just the gold bonus. I love you how made VIP just about gold :rofl:. Don’t pretend you care about the guilds this affects most, you care about how this affects you lol.

1 Like

A) What the heck is this double Cedric team that wins L12 explores?

B) I’m wondering if we aren’t suffering from “badly communicated plans” again?

We know that 5.0 is apparently the end of some huge overhaul to the game they had to split into multiple updates. They haven’t told us all of those plans and the hints aren’t revelatory. What if a future update holds a mode that makes really high-end gold farming accessible?

If they waited for that to implement this change, they probably worried players would focus on, “Well we wanted to let you upgrade your hoard easier but it conflicted with LTs.” I think that’s a safe bet, there’s plenty of other ways they could address hoards without impacting the gold economy directly. Anyway, if they didn’t want to do it all at once, this is the order that would make sense to them. Cut the tasks first, THEN release the new gold-rich event. That way it looks like they took away, then gave back.

I think if that’s their path, the drama from hearing both at once wouldn’t be as bad as the drama from hearing the bad news and a loud click as the phone is slammed onto the hook.

C) I meant for (B) to sound more hopeful but the more I thought about it the angrier I got about it. Hoards were an attack on LTs and this is salvo 2. The only way (B) could turn out relatively well is if we find out a “writ” is somehow convertible to gold near what you paid in to get it. But then things are just complicated for no reason. If they want us to give them $10 for an $8 refund to unlock LTs I’d rather just contribute to a $2 task that unlocks LTs.

Cedric x2/egg thief/skeleton key

That’s fine for difficulty 10, but isn’t it a bit fragile at difficulty 12?

People could but would they? I’m wondering just how many people are actually serious about delves. If other guilds are similar to mine, then the answer is probably only a small percentage. For example, both the mean and median total renown in my guild (where all but 3 of us are above lv 1000) is in the mid 7000. Honestly on a macro level, delves and hordes seems like a big failure as a gold sink.

Maybe not but it could still have a potential negative effect on all guilds, not just the elite ones. That’s what worries me about this.

The health of the game 100% affects me.
I’ve made it more than clear that it won’t affect my guild or I personally.

As much as you may not want to hear this… This issue is one of the few that aren’t all about me. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s why I was asking, any 2x Cedric team I could think of seemed like it might lose enough to threaten farming rate.

My guess is there’s some Kingdom it’s adept at overcoming.

@Slypenslyde

The double Cedric team is fairly consistent at difficult 8 or 9. Not ideal for mythstone/token farming, but it’s good at the lower end of high-yield Arcane Traitstone difficulties. Depends on where you are focusing efforts. Personally, the gold is high enough at difficulty 12 that I prefer to stick with an attack META appropriate for the kingdom, but for people who play less than 10 hours a week, focusing on gold production, it’s a decent strategy.

It depends on kingdoms. In Urskaya, for example, it works quite well

Whilst horde level might have been the intended gold sink to lure players away from LTS, it was a very badly conceived one. Firstly, there were insufficient treasure troops available unless you were prepared to farm delves to a ridiculous extent, which of course contravenes with Sirrian’s stance about excessive playing. Some of us asked for TTs to be added to treasure gnomes, perhaps by replacing the souls that they should no longer be rewarding us with (they introduced soul gnomes after all). They also introduced potions meaning that new delves can be taken to max renown without the requirement for excessive horde levels (and thus gold investment) during the events, provided you can stomach the grind. Completing new factions to max level during events doesn’t require colossal gem investment, but attempting to do so outside of events requires colossal gold and that requires grind that again conflicts with Sirrian’s idea of healthy play by a massive margin. That’s why players grind out faction events…simple. Pure delves are ridiculous, infuriating and not much fun at all. That’s how they were designed; bad troops, horrific enemy stats and so on. I am sure more players would boost horde levels (and thus reduce LT output) if it was remotely affordable to do so. Again it was designed completely to backfire because the potions escape route was already in place. If there is a masterplan behind this then it is certainly a very obscure one. We all understand that the game provides their salary but alienating long term fans and new players is very unlikely to provide healthy returns on the balance sheets. People will ignore epic tasks most weeks and go ballistic when there is some perceived value; mythic and wars weeks (for some). 5 million for pet food and +2 magic? No thanks.

1 Like

I can run the Cedric team on explore 12 just fine. Lose a troop, summon eggs and keep going. Don’t often lose a troop though. I don’t think the level/stats has much to do with it since your damage scales with gold and your survivability is something like 2-3 hits (so its either 2 or its 3 and there’s no quick fix to take more unless you’re right next to a breakpoint).

(I also prefer my other team for this.)

All very off-topic though. … Down with epic tasks. Torches and pitchforks for epic tasks.

7 Likes

Nice save there :wink: