Trophies for Delves 🏆

I can respect the idea behind trophies being a measure of PvP success, but in practice, that’s not the case. Trophies are currently a measure of how much time you’ve put into the game for your guild. If they were meant to reflect skill, then why don’t offensive losses and defensive wins change your trophy amounts?

2 Likes

I am like you also, I dont care about the trophy leaderboard. What I care about is giving some trophies every week to my guild tho. And with all these PvE modes that takes quite some time to do in a top guild, it would be nice that some of these modes was able to reward a few trophies too.

8 Likes

That is a real problem. I love content, and I love options, but with how much content they have released it is hard to work on the core content that guilds require.

3 Likes

This might not be the best place for this, but to piggyback onto this request, can we please get double class XP for wins in Delve?

It doesn’t make much sense to award double class XP in dungeons, pet events, and guild events, and NOT in Delves. When our Delve levels improve, each battle will take considerable time. At least make it worth our while to use the Hero, please.

5 Likes

there needs to be a trophy gnome now xD

7 Likes

Maybe someone in a position of GoW authority could comment on this.
Like @Saltypatra :wink: for example.

1 Like

Remind me again, other than the weekly PvP leaderboard, what Gems Of War game mechanic requires Trophies?

1 Like

No way that they will give trophies (look at Raid Boss/Invasion)… I will like too…

Trophies are irrelevant to many players, so I don’t think the devs will hurry to do anything like this.

Devs have said before that trophies relate to pvp only (including arena, which is a variation but still pvp).

Personally I think: trophies are a stat attached to a Guild not to a player, so if anything they should be gained from guild events: Raid, Invasion, extra for GW.

It makes no sense to me putting trophies on solo content like Delves.

7 Likes

I think the point people are making is that most guilds have a trophy requirement, and with the additional game modes and time spent on them, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find the time to keep up with guild requirements.

3 Likes

But shouldn’t this be something to be discussed in such guilds?
“Look guys/girls i think we should consider lowering our trophies requirements because this new feature takes some time and it’s important for our progression. And as we progress, we can bring more rewards for the guild in a general sense.”

I’m indifferent if we should earn trophies or not on Delves, but this particular argument seems more like a problem of guilds with too high requirements than a problem with this feature, or any new feature to be honest.

1 Like

The guild I’m in had a similar conversation when raid/invasion arrived, whereby we understand that it is more difficult to earn trophies in these weeks than in guild wars weeks (i.e. raid/invasion are more time consuming). When you’re in a competitive guild though it would be extremely difficult to drop minimum requirements unless all other guilds around you did the same.

I did all matches in the 3x delves last night, that’s 30 matches that could have earned me 90 trophies in pvp. Over a week that’s a potential 630 trophies. Even just 1 trophy per delve match would be a help, along with raid/invasion matches too.

7 Likes

+1 from me too. :+1::fist:
This should have been established from the start back when raids and invasions were first introduced.

2 Likes

All weekly event modes should have have trophies too.

Invasion / Raid Boss: 1 trophy per tier rank, awarded at the end of the tier. Then, 1 trophy per boss battle victory.

Delve should reward up to 1 trophy for each ally alive at the end of the run. Up to 12 trophies per day. That’s nothing insane.
If you want to switch delve trophies for and award diamonds in the same manner, that would be even better imo.

3 Likes

I created this topic to ask the devs rather than my guild because I have the following assumptions:

• Changes to guild reqs don’t happen in a vacuum. Higher guilds will always want trophies as a means of qualification for their membership.
  • Trophies don’t have a significant impact on available resources, and instead mainly serve to show how much arena/pvp grinding a player has put in for their guild.
  • Making a player choose between earning trophies and taking part in time/energy-limited game modes is frustrating.
  • Adding trophies to these time/energy-limited game modes will not make them more efficient than arena or grinding 1-trophy casual PvP, due to the not-infinitely-repeatable nature of time/energy-limited game modes.
3 Likes

But your points can swing in both ways:

• Since guild requirements doesn’t happens in a vacuum and Delve is a feature that everyone will play to not miss the rewards, then all guilds will generate less trophies equally unless someone play more to keep the same amount.
  • As trophies don’t have a significant impact in resources there is very little reason to add them in other modes.
  • Frustating to some players engaged in the grind for whatever reason they fancy, but a relief for others who welcome a new gamemode.
  • If adding 1 trophie still make those modes less efficient the devs could simply stick with zero trophy efficiency anyway.

Delve being treated as an imposition from the nefarious and diabolical developers still puts everyone and every guild in the same boat: They will play less PVP and gain less trophies equally, and if someone have more time on their hands these players would still earn more trophies anyway…

I honestly think this is very pointless now.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re putting words in my mouth here. I don’t like that.

As for your rebuttals:

• No guild is going to want to be the first to drop their reqs, even for good reason, in order to remain competitive among their peers. It’s not a case of everyone getting together and saying “Oh, let’s drop this by 20%”- especially considering guilds aren’t individuals, they’re made up of many different people with many different views and capabilities. Adding trophies to the limited modes is a much more elegant solution than redefining the guild reqs meta.
  • What do you mean, “very little reason”? That’s being purposefully obtuse. As I have stated, many times now, the main purpose of trophies as the game currently stands is to show how much time a guild member puts in to the game. A player shouldn’t have to forsake new game modes just to earn trophies- and that’s exactly what they’d have to do at this point, if they don’t want to spend an extra 3 hours a week ingame but still end at the same trophy count.
  • This isn’t even a response. Everyone is “relieved” that a new game mode exists- no one is saying that it shouldn’t. I’m saying that people who care about trophy counts- which is a legitimate concern for staying in a guild, not just “whatever reason they fancy”- shouldn’t have to choose to skip out on a new event or drop down to a lower-rewarding guild simply because they don’t have infinite time or a flexible schedule to throw at the game. Adding trophies to time limited modes would make them more appealing to these players without outright flooding the economy with resources; win-win.
  • The reason I brought up the last point was for people who would be concerned that adding trophies to something other than PvP/Arena would invalidate PvP/Arena as the major source of trophies. It’s okay, maybe even preferable, that these modes are less efficient trophy-wise, since they have other rewards. I was simply stating it’s not abusable, since you wouldn’t be able to get infinite amounts of trophies from them. Also, yeah, no shit 0 is less than 1. Your point?

I don’t know where you’re coming from with this; you seem to see trophies as worthless, making adding them pointless, but you’re opposed to adding them anyway because… why?

6 Likes

Sorry, while you may see this as something directed at you it’s my fault for not making it explicit that it’s not, every new gamemode introduced raised similar requests and complains that the devs are making the game more and more like a chore…

To some extent in some of those threads i agreed to some compromise changes in Raids Invasions and Bounties, i’m pretty sure you also posted in such discussions. To sum it up:

• Raids could give glory on each battle because you are facing Mythical threats.
  • Bounties could give trophies in a fashion of bounty-hunters competing among them.
  • And Invasions could give extra gold since you are pillaging villages/cities in a sense.

As i said: “…still puts everyone and every guild in the same boat: They will play less PVP and gain less trophies equally, and if someone have more time on their hands these players would still earn more trophies anyway…”

It will probably cause some moviment in the leaderboards, but that will happen regardless of how many trophies the devs decide to put, or not, in Delves or other modes. So if the only problem is about the requirements of some guilds and the amount of time each one has everyday it boils down to a problem with the requirements, not with the feature.

Simply talking with your guild about more reasonable requirements in the light of this new feature, and possible future ones, would be more reasonable than asking the developers to change the code for one or more trophies in my opinion. (It could maybe take a minute to change the code, or maybe a week plus from an update in all plataforms… We don’t know for sure.)

As i said/explained above, some compromise and changes could be done on the developers side in some modes, but for the reasons presented here, this is at core an issue created by the guilds and their requirements and unwillingness to work out a solution and change them.

PAY PER TROPHY! 500 gems per trophy, weekly event coming soon!

Aaaaanyways… I certainly wouldn’t mind trophies in these other modes, but the thing is that trophies are self imposed requirements. The devs shouldn’t be cleaning up what the community decided is a go. Guilds focusing on trophies over individual progression that culminates in good GW scores are digging their own hole, and any player going with it is doing the same.

So would it be cool to have trophies awarded for cash shop garbage? Yeah, it would. I can’t fault them for not putting them in there though.

1 Like

So… I decided I would bump this thread one last time to possibly get some kind of answer from the dev team :wink:
Feels like that this suggestion got buried for whatever reason.

2 Likes