Treasure Hoard, the Gold Sink

If you still need souls, chances are you’ll still need gold too. Gold already has places it can go.

2 Likes

Pretty sure these are going to be something I never ever ever ever touch. Smells and sounds like a more annoying raid event mixed with a annoying class event. GoW is looking more and more like a game I stop playing out of boredom.

3 Likes

Amen to that !

2 Likes

Your guild will appreciate your continued donations. I think you’ll be missing out.

I just noticed a different route to Hoard Quality 10 that is more gold-efficient than 50 Priest’s Chalices: 20 Sacred Treasures. Feel free to examine the table in my original mathpost and see if it’s something worth pursuing.

1 Like

@Razzagor is pretty accurate there. For months now I haven’t really changed my PvP activity very much. I’ve gone from finishing out a week in the 20-30k rank months ago to the 50k+ range, which means a significant amount of people have increased their own PvP activity, and hence a large influx of gold being created.

I would speculate that less than 10% of players in the top 50 guild, perhaps even top 100 realistically, haven’t finished their kingdoms. That means 90% or more of that gold production is going toward LTs.

From tributes alone I probably make 400-500k/week. For as many people that swear up & down that LTs aren’t worth buying, there are an awful lot purchased and an awful lot of gold farmed. My guild is doing 15-20 LTs with most of us around 200t or less/week. Can’t imagine the gold production in guilds who consistently produce over 300t/member.

1 Like

Your calculation is very useful. Thank you so much for that. I’m very bad at math, so I can only use logic instead.

Still, I think this is all still a theoretical case, like that worry about creating Mythic ingot from all Common ones would take a few million souls. Actual gameplay might be very difference that perfect situation might not always possible. Drop rate of each Treasure Tiers will play a big role here.

My prediction is that time will also have an important part. Waiting for perfect Treasures to drop might slow progress down. Players might have to sacrifice more gold to progress faster with the Treasure they have. Doing 100% quailty upgrade batch 10 times might be the best realistic way, and there are quiet many combinations possible; 20×5, 50×2, 50+30+20, 30x2 + 20x2, 30x3 + 5x2, 25x3 + 10x2 + 5, etc…

2 Likes

Even when considering the most active players we can imagine an increase in activity just for the completionist’s sake. We have a lot of Classes and Weapons to upgrade now.

Just looking at the weapons Upgrades Leaderboard, generously provided to us by Lyya, we can have a glimpse of all activity from a small portion of players and compare with our own, i’m at position 191, but that’ll probably change when i use my Ultra-rare Ingots (close to reach the 420 ingots needed to upgrade all weapons of this rarity at once) and i’ve been playing a lot recently, it’s not wrong to assume the other 190 players above me, and at least a few thousands below me, also increased their activity as well.

Now imagine just 20% more activity/gold across the entire player base… People who used to play two hours a day are now playing at least two hours and a half and spending most of their time in PVP to not miss out the free guaranteed Ingots as tier rewards as well as any extras from battles. Now that’s some data that probably caught the devs attention.

1 Like

I’m actually speeding it up, because I’m putting the low-rarity treasures that would just be piling up to good use. Sequence is important here, as calculations have shown, donating them the wrong way around can increase the cost by up to a factor of 50 in the long run.

Or you could fail on your first try, then get lucky 10 times in a row. For a large enough number of events that doesn’t matter though, it’s very safe to plan with the averages.

Quite interestingly, the quality/xp ratio goes down significantly with increasing treasure rarity. Somebody only using mythic treasures to reach hoard level 100 will on average end up with quality level 6.5 while somebody only using common treasures will on average end up with quality level 26.25 (capped at 10). It’s counterbalanced by increasing gold costs based on hoard level, so the winning strategy is to start with low-quality treasures and slowly move up the rarity scale. The fun part is going to be to figure out the sweet spots.

1 Like

Only really have a few things to add here.

We know from the recently published 4.0 game guide that…

So, treasures should reasonably be expected to be uncommon pulls from portals. As others have said, I’m sure the actual rates will be datamined reasonably quickly.

On top of that, it would likely quite erroneous to assume that treasure (when it does appear from Portals) will be pulled at rates synonymous with standard unit rarities. As a result, although the obvious path would be to use higher rarity treasures to reduce gold investment costs, the hard reality is very likely to be that the higher rarity treasures might be actually quite rare to obtain.

That leaves a dilemma for players on whether to sit on a pile of “useless” coin purses, or pay the eventually exorbitant fees needed to add them to a Treasure Hoard for potentially minimal gain. This is highly likely an intentional design.

There’s two general progression paths that I see in the Underworld, the casual path and the hardcore path.

– Casual path: Clear up to whatever level delve is reasonably possible each month. Whenever a new Faction opens, abandon the current Faction to the new one as a “reset” to delve difficulty (at least temporarily). This will allow casual players to get a fair number of points over time to earn progression prizes, without frustrating them for too long at a time before the next reset.

– Hardcore path: AKA “The Quest to Clear Delve Level 500”. There are definitely carrots out there for those who want to venture down this treacherous path, and will require an extreme investment in a faction to get there. Remember, Treasure Hoard bonuses in a Faction that will allow for clearing of Level 500 delves DO NOT carry over to other Factions. For every Faction, players will have to start over from scratch. Heavy purchasing on Faction Events are going to be practically mandatory to ever be able to power up a team to clear Level 500 before the next ice age otherwise. Still, it remains to seen how long it will take for a player to power up to a point where clearing a Level 500 delve (especially with a Faction team) is possible. The devs have also hinted a long-term end-gamer goals regarding obtaining very high Underworld faction Renown at some point that will likely require maxing (or at least very close to) multiple, if not all, Renowns at multiple factions.

I think everything else has been covered by others in beta earlier in the day.

2 Likes

Gotta say, for someone that hasn’t payed any attention to the 4.0 changes yet and just wanted to experience the new stuff unspoiled once it hits live servers, this sounds less and less exciting. Kinda like a bad financial simulation with huge traps for people not knowing the ins and outs of the stuff beforehand trying to live the experience live instead of studying it in advance, boring and dull and spiked with random chances into random chances to screw you over if you are among the unlucky ones even though you did everything you’re supposed to do.
Can’t wait.

6 Likes

I can’t wait to delve… into a different game. :thinking:

4 Likes

In the early stages, am I better off upgrading the hoard as soon as possible or get a bunch of treasure first?

is it a good idea to ascend treasure?

Ascending Treasures will NOT affect the XP given, or the Quality upgrade chance.

so why make it possible?

1 Like

Because leaderboards!

5 Likes

You can use them as troops in a match. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yeah i saw that lol well i will use them for hoard where there are useful :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

See ya! :wave:

4 Likes

Bye!

Where ya going?