Transcript: Reddit AMA with Sirrian and Nimhain (April 11 2019)

It’s late so I can only think of 2 obvious ways that they would monetize PvP: capping the number of free matches and selling buffs/potions. We’ve already seen the potion implemented for events. It would be trivial to do so for PvP (e.g. enchantment potion for xx matches for yy gems). Done correctly, this could be a positive upgrade to PvP along with an incentive to purchase gems. I sincerely hope they don’t place a cap on free matches (xx free matches and an additional yy for only zz gems). I can only begin to imagine the howls if they take that route.

Thank you Salty

This is how I felt and why I went for “copy/paste + link” instead of paraphrasing or being too concrete about connecting the dots myself.

It’s clear from your other response you’re looking at more dots than I am, interesting! This is why I complained for a long time it’d be nice if someone did transcripts like this. I don’t know if I could commit to doing it for streams, it’s always struck me as a pain to distribute information that way. A 10-minute stream can take 30+ minutes to transcribe to an article that can be read in less than a minute, so the work involved trying to watch, filter, organize, and transcribe a several-hour stream just seems bogus. :confused:

1 Like