Tower of Doom, First Impressions

At this point i believe any guild fighting for the leaderboard would be unsure about sharing their strategies. Not only for fear of possibly losing the next leaderboard if the rewards get increased by any margin, but also out of fear that we get another change to weapons or troops because…

4.1 Patch Notes

Obviously this was not how we intended the event to be played…

4.1 Patch Notes

When a transform spell targets an enemy, it will now transform the target into the creature of half its original level, rather than a predetermined level

Well, do what you must devs, but consider very carefully what many of us, could even go by a stretch and say ALL OF US, are reporting regarding the rewards and level scaling going from challenging into ludicrous in just a few floors at some point…

Agree, I don’t mind posting teams, but NOT for the developers to at the next patch uprate rooms with new things to counter the teams used.

This has been clearly done with affixes in Delves since the last patch, as well as the transform.

The tower is a sort of hit and miss for me. Although it is cookie cutter really, it is encouraging participation in guilds - that’s an overall plus for the game. The battles are going to be hard, they are not mindblowingly out of balance, but they are not of the scale of high end Delves and you retain troops in wins. That’s good.

I do like that the Final Doom does not scale up, that’s spot on there. I don’t like the way information is relayed, the system in game is poor, guild chat is hapless and then you have the added drawback of those who just don’t communicate in chats making it all the more harder for all but the most well-run, fully participating guild.

So any bonus information about player progess (as suggested by @turintuor will help more people play the game.

The rewards are really poor. I think the devs will find that this first run has had good participation, I’m not so sure next time will be the same, especially with the attack on resources in the game at the moment.

Again, it’s about the experience not being frustrating.

So for me it needs some fine tuning.

Incidentally, nothing has changed on raid, bounty, class event, pet rescue and only negative changes have occurred to delve, so let’s break the habit and revisit the rewards, maybe throw an extra sigil or two per day in the mix too. The more participation, the less overwhelming frustration, the more likely people will buy gems/spend money outside of the LB too.

5 Likes