Top 27 Guild Wars Score Implementation

@FeelTheBern - I agree. I think we could make suggestions, but ultimately it would be up to the devs. It has to be in line with what they’re capable of doing. Typically there are software or programming limitations. Back in 2017 it was mentioned that it will need a client update. Doesn’t seem too outlandish.

@IMMABAUS

#1 - Very cute! While I appreciate the compliment and recognition, I can’t take credit for something that was presented years before I consulted with other guild leaders and revisited the idea.

Here’s the link: Lots of Previews - Guild Wars, Crafting, Dungeons, and more!

July 2017 - before I started playing the game. You’re wrong.

#2 - 76% of the voting player base agreed that 30 was the inappropriate amount to base GW scores off of. Less than 1/4th of the voting player base (24%) believed 30 to be the fair and appropriate number. That’s over 3x the amount of people who agree with our stance than are opposed to it.

Here’s the link: Poll: How many members should HAVE TO fight in Guild Wars?

Now, let’s take a look at this particular thread, since what you’re trying to pass off as reality is that people are opposed to me in this thread: 23 people supported the idea and 10 people have opposed it by stating so in this thread. That’s more than twice the amount of people who are for it. Again, you’re wrong.

#3 - Your obvious attempt to make this thread about me or my guild is pretty sad. Despite your best efforts and failed insults, I won’t let you deter the thread from the topic at hand and make it about me. So instead of talking about The Dothraki, why don’t we use Gra and BL as examples? Guild of Gra has consistently placed 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in GW B1 on PS4 for an extended period of time. The only time they every drop below 3rd or 4th is if they happen to be missing players. BL consistently places 3-5th in the same bracket. The ONLY time they go above 4th place is if Gra, The Dothraki, or Dragoonz is missing players. So, when the playing field is even with 30 players on each team and Guild of Gra is not at an immediate disadvantage for missing a player, they almost always beat BL. Yet, this most recent GW, they ranked 4th while BL ranked 3rd. Is it because BL is “stronger” as you like to put it? No, it’s because Gra was missing a player and/or had people not finish their matches. Why should he and his guild miss rewards and be penalized for only one person’s lack of action? Why should your team be rewarded for filling up the last two spots with alternate accounts to gain a competitive edge over a team that clearly beats you when the field is even? Your intent is obvious. You’re trying to make this about YOUR guild and the fact that you need to rely on other guild’s misfortune to gain those extra gems. You’re not worried about being competitive. You’re not concerned with fairness. You want an advantage, you don’t want it even. If I look at the top 10 rosters on GW and see that Gra is at 29/30, I’m disappointed. I want an even and fair competition. I don’t want to place based on luck or advantage, and I don’t wish the other guilds to be immediately penalized for things out of their control. So again, Jesse, you’re wrong.

#4 - 29/30 is uneven, this is not debatable. I think you struggle with the word “penalize”. Let me clarify this for you:

penalize

verb
pe·​nal·​ize | \ ˈpē-nə-ˌlīz , ˈpe-
penalized; penalizing

1- to inflict a penalty on

2 - to put at a serious disadvantage

So, you’re saying that if the playing field was even and all guilds were based off of the same number of scores, guilds with 30 players would be at a disadvantage? You literally have the definition of the word backwards. It’s the players with 29 players or less who are penalized if all scores are based on 30 players. You clearly just don’t know what that word means, or you are once again selfishly focused on only your guild and believe you’ll be at a disadvantage in an even scoring situation. Still clinging onto that tiny bit of advantage you so desperately rely on to place higher, eh? Unsurprisingly, Jesse, you’re wrong again! Weird.

#5 - Again with childish cuteness! So sweet of you! However, you’re wrong again. Here’s a “math hack” you can use throughout life to figure out these tough addition problems, and I’ll word it so that it’s very relevant to the current topic. Ready?

When both sides are equal, the result is EVEN.

Pretty neat, huh? Shall I show you how it pertains to this particular set of numbers? Why certainly! 27+27 = 54! 54 is an even number! Would you look at that? It ends in a 4, Jesse! So, although I understand your struggle and confusion with this one, I also appreciate your willingness to learn. To truly learn though, buddy, you must first accept that you were wrong. Again.

Those attempts at debating were better than your previous ones, but I would suggest trying a little harder to omit the negative connotations, false information, childish overtones, and obvious intent. Just you know, grow up a bit, and talk like an adult. Thank you.