Timer for vault event

Given how before the class events were added it was a switch off every 2 weeks we would have a bounty or vault event, it would make seem logical to do the same but have a class event for 3 days and rotate in order. Class events are a joke and the fact that it reduces the vault events more than a simple rotation is ridiculous. I don’t think vaults were great gem generators to the extent of “breaking the economy” (which I think is broken for shop based reasons). What matters more is the chance to get the gnomes, the chance for celestials, decent sums of gold, and so forth. It is an event that EVERYONE can do with ease given gnomes pop up in explore and the battle in the vault is easy. There’s no level 200 boss, no invulnerable tower group, no lvl 100 mythic team, just you and a few gnomes.

The reason there are those of us who get paranoid when you guys want to add in patches instead of fix things, we often get more bugs than those that are fixed, if any actually are fixed. We get more events that always have more drawbacks and have an out of wack reward structure. It often does more long term harm in that while your player base is active, many seem to get a chip on their shoulder about something, and that has only seem to have gotten worse for reasons such as these. One of the only additions that did not have a gem shop, did not have a stupid difficulty, that was just fun, gets essentially nerfed because we HAD to have one more gem shop instead with rewards so bad, it makes us crave the others in comparison. While yes, we can get vault keys from raid/invasion, one a week is not a lot. The regular drop rate is awful, until a vault event rolls around to where it becomes possible to get. I get that there is the “silent majority” in terms of favor, but I think that either they just want new things like dangling keys over an infant or don’t know how things used to be. I’m not saying this to be mean or rude, its just as I view it because as @awryan said, there has been a history of this stuff and whenever I see praise for these events it often boils down to “Hey, that’s new!”. I want a game that is good at it’s core and doesn’t keep making the same mistakes over and over.

9 Likes

Do New Class Events and Bounty Events have a regular schedule? If yes, what it is?
Because there seems to be some irregularities…

Honeslty, New Class Events could be removed for a one-day event on Thursday like the Already-Released Class Events…

1 Like

:smirk:

I think the major issue was how they grouped too much stuff into a single update, a loooong period of time with no relevant update made me quit once, and then we have Class’ Talents, Weapons Upgrades and changes in Kingdom Power… All these came with their own flaws pilled up and aggravating some issues here and there.

What keeps gnawing at the players goodwill is basically this: Time or better yet “How long…”

• How long until they fix the cheating A.I stealing our extra turns?
  • How long until… ?

If the devs achieve a better management of what is being added on each update, and having an update to address what is not right since two or three previous updates, plus some “QoL” aspects being addressed would certainly restore some goodwill.

Honestly, 3.6 should come sooner even if it just fix some minor issues plus this major bug with the extra turns, because i’ve saw the A.I using a spell (Siren, Empowered) while the gems were floating on the board, after the gems i matched disappeared, and once the spell resolved the gems finally landed in place. Wish i was recording at the time…

1 Like

We will have a lot of bug fixes coming with the next major update. However, we don’t have complete control over when our updates are released, or what features they contain.

2 Likes

Ok, i understand that an update can be delayed by approval and such, but how come you don’t have control over WHAT is being released?

1 Like

I said complete control. We work together with a publisher on Gems of War. :slight_smile: As such, there is give and take on both sides, as is very normal in a publisher/developer relationship.

4 Likes

I only hope the “give and take” is STRONGLY oriented by how peculiar this game is compared to other F2P games. It’s not that i don’t trust how things are handled, but it makes me wonder everytime we see some weird (by player’s standards) decisions being implemented…

If you want to avoid that how changing the event schedule up a bit

Guild Wars
Raids
Nothing
Guild Wars
Invasions
nothing

on the nothing weeks Bounty and class events could alternate and be a week long thing with more stages and rewards that way people that want orbs could get them from this and people that don’t want to do these could have a week free of this type of event.

I’m usually in a guild where all guild events are optional but I switched over to our other guild while one of our members is on holiday and after having to do GW last week and raids this and a trophy requirement and 1500 seals plus having a bounty and class event that I basically skipped I’m already getting burnt out. I think a week free of all guild events would really help some people out and I would consider returning to my original guild so I could get a few more orbs.

1 Like

In order to have a timer, there must be a set scheduled time for Vault event. The dev have said many times that there is no set time, so they can’t be timer right now. It’s as simple as that, not much point debating the reason why it can’t be set.

We usually know at least a week before the Vault event happened anyway, what’s the major difference if we know in advance more than that? What’s even things that you have to prepare for this? You guys can suddenly free to play long hours if the event happened, without conflicting with real-life stuffs?

3 Likes

When there is a vault event running, I would schedule an oppointment with the electrician to fix my light switches without needing to worry about that on another day.

I thought Bounty events were every four weeks?

Do you know if a vault weekend is next weekend?
Cause I don’t know for sure. Can only guess that there is. Which is the intention of the devs.
Surely by now the devs know if next weekend is going to be a vault by now. But the devs want it to “be a surprise for us”. Cause this game doesn’t offer enough surprises on a daily basis.

1 Like

Yeah 1 week before event would be enough imo

So basically how I read Cyrup’s response is a lot of trying not to say:

I don’t think that was worth wiggling and trying not to say it? It’s reasonable. I mean, some people aren’t going to be happy, but you could say “Vault events are now 24/7” and someone would be unhappy.

Yeah. @Rickygervais’s boss.

3 Likes

Lol it was just a suggestion, they answered im okay with the explaination but im still dissappointed my favorite event will happen less often.

There’s only one reason that the Vault weekend can’t be every weekend where there isn’t a bounty or a class event.

RESOURCES.
The players think the more vaults the better.
The developers think the less vaults the better.

I might crack open the wallet for the first time since December to purchase something during the next vault weekend. I’d also encourage my guilds to do the same. That way on the numbers side they could see an increase in revenue during Vault weekends.

TL:DR… Best way to counter their carrot. Is a carrot of our own. :grinning:

1 Like

Unless it’s a significant amount of players doing it, like 300+ i think, the numbers wouldn’t have the expected impact on their statistics.

I doubt more than 30 people per day make a purchase GoW wise. And I’m sure there’s a daily revenue automatically made.

For substantial purchases, 25+ dollars, your prediction could be right, but for small purchases like 5 dollar subscriptions would need to be way higher to keep the game running. It’s just that your idea would also take significant time, since the vault events are not frequent, to make the devs look at the charts, of at least three months or more maybe, and conclude that Vault Events are the reason behind these new purchases. From some imaginary projections it’s either a big spike of purchases during a few events, or some relative increase of purchases during a longer period of time when tehse events are active.

I don’t know, it could be even seen as counter-intuitive from your trail of thought. They should expect less purchases because the players are obtaining more resources during the events.