Timer for vault event

We don’t have a set schedule for our vault events like we do bounties, invasions, raid and guild wars.

What I can say is that they typically pop up every 4-6 weeks depending on our scheduling. If you’ve just had a vault event and would like to save your keys, you’ll have another event in roughly 4-6 weeks. (This isn’t always the case, but it is usually the case.)

2 Likes

Is the next Bounty scheduled yet?
Screenshot_20180726-204601
If not, couldn’t the vault say the same thing until it’s scheduled? Surely you know at least 7 days in advance whether or not a vault weekend is coming up?
Most of your player base thinks that not this weekend but the next will be a vault weekend. The earlier we know for sure the better is for both parties involved. Assuming you want as many as possible to partake in the vault weekend.

2 Likes

Oh it’s the same then “the troop should appear in the chest in 3-4 weeks)” :stuck_out_tongue:

The original game gave away at least 80% more gems depending on the activity level of your guild. They didn’t reduce the amount for funsies. It was a calculated business decision. They figured out a reduction in resources would cause an increase in purchasing of them instead. Supply and demand…I do feel like they work hard to find a great balance. You can play GoW for absolutely free and enjoy it just as much as someone that spends thousands on it.
But in the matter of the vault weekends. And solely a vault weekend. I believe… And have not been told differently. That the devs feel it’s better we don’t know when they will be. They would like there players to hunt gnomes for 3-6 hours over the weekend. Not 30-60 hours which people will do if given the ability to plan ahead.

1 Like

Why should I save my keys for the Vault Event? Rewards are better during a Vault Event?

If it was such a matter, fear that we could obtain a large amount of gems, they would do better by removing gems incoming from tributes because no matter how hardcore you play during vault events, you can’t outrace tributes on endgame accounts for PC/Mobile at least.

I think you are worrying too much.

I’m not worrying. Just explaining why they don’t want us to know about Vault weekends. It’s deductive reasoning.

Well technically they should since gnome have better chance to drop vault key so more chance to get VK from VK

1 Like

Your “deductive reasoning” sounds like crazy paranoia honestly… Again, if the devs would want to prevent us from any chance to obtain gems, they wouldn’t even bother adding some in the new features and could just take away gems from other places.

It’s not like a giant @Sirrian walked into the office someday and said with a thunderous voice:
“Fi! Fa! Fo! Fum! Make the players glum!”
“Clobber, smash and bent! We hide the vault event!”

:wink::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Didn’t say anything like that of the sort. Are you actually reading what I’m writing? Cause it seems like you’re trying to have a conversation about something else and ignoring my overall point.

Your point being the (conspiratory and paranoid) conclusion that the devs are trying to prevent us from getting any gems during the Vault Event? Salty just said they don’t have a schedule for Vault Events, it could mean a lot of things, like they just didn’t bothered with it while they work on more stuff going on, and yet you insist on this mindset for no good reason at all…

Here i’ll help you:

@Sirrian or @Nimhain, since @Saltypatra’s feedback in this thread is being desconsidered, could any of you please say something on the matter?

Didn’t say gems. I said resources. It’s not that they don’t want us to go without getting anything. They just don’t want folks to take too much advantage of the vault weekends.
My “paranoia” is based on experience and history of playing. Make legendary tasks in a guild. And your gold in PvP gets nerfed. Increase to 4x and they removed gems from legendary tasks.
My thoughts are conclusions made by facts. They don’t want to starve us of resources. But they also don’t want us to have too much that we never even consider buying resources. It’s a balance that they want. That they have spent countless hours thinking about.
I don’t even know how that can be disputed. But you aren’t disputing that are you? You’re trying to say that there’s no way their actions are well thought out. Nope, it makes much more sense that a successful business like IP2 doesn’t know when a vault weekend is until they see it on the event page. Can I pour you another glass of Kool aide or have you had enough already?

5 Likes

No, as i said before, i’m considering that if the ultimate goal would be to gate our resources, even more, there are more efficient ways and one of such ways would even involve not introducing any other form to obtain gems, the most valuable resource in the game, anymore.

I’m not trying to ridicularize them or anything, but we are well aware of the many… slips… they made over the years, so not having a schedule for Vault Events doesn’t feels unlikely¹. If i take your approach, that they developed a meticulous plan to prevent us from getting too much resources they could, certainly, find better ways to do it…

Honestly, and please no offense, but to me your trail of thought seems… ridiculous. I COULD BE 100% WRONG in this matter, and YOU COULD BE RIGHT. But i think the chances are not in your favor. So i’ll drop this and agree to disagree… Maybe Sirrian or Nimhain will take some time to look into this thread if that would help to undo your mindset about it.

¹ But then, that’s exactly what they want me, and others, to think…
Sneaky bastards!

People were wondering why their isn’t a vault timer. I offered my opinion on the matter. You were/are offended for the devs it seems.

Add a timer… Don’t add a timer. I really don’t care. The “why” they don’t have a timer really doesn’t matter as well. I just know a lot of players that would like it. And I for one. Want my fellow players to enjoy the game as much as possible.
So the fact that there isn’t a timer. Has to be well thought out and not just as easy as… We don’t know so you don’t know. My apologies for not accepting matters for face value.

I wasn’t offended, i just thought your perspective made no sense at all. But, still engaging in this argument won’t help me or you it seems.

It’s Friday (sort of :australia:) let’s try to keep this thread peaceful please :sun_with_face:

As Vault Events have a fairly irregular cadence (@Slypenslyde), but nothing is set in stone (for example, things might need to be shuffled around to avoid fatigue with too many other events) and due to a few other factors, unfortunately implementing a timer for the Vault Event is not something we have planned or likely can do.

5 Likes

I love it when @Cyrup nails it for me while I’m on lunch. This is precisely it.

That being said, there won’t be a vault this weekend. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:person_facepalming:… Like usually I’m irked when you censor me… But that was to funny. Thanks for the confirmation that there will not be a vault weekend starting in 3 hours.

1 Like

Just want to point out before class event we knew the vault event would be exactly every month but now you say it could take 6 weeks between them. So im wondering are you going to buff more the gnome Rewards since we will see them less often? You keep increasing the tier shop system but you also reduce every opportunity to get gems.

First it was guild task nerf then gw every 3 weeks and now vault event every 6 weeks. So we now spend gems every week and only win gems 2/6 weeks

That really suck cause vault event was one of the favorite event for everyone

We won’t be making any changes to the vault rewards at this time. Just because they happened roughly every 4 weeks doesn’t mean that they were a guaranteed monthly event. Vaults are intended to be one of the few surprise events in the game.

Pretty much every other event and troop release can be data mined, which we are fine with. However, we would like to keep the vault events a surprise.

6 Likes