Tiger, Tiger, Burning Bright

Originally published at: Tiger, Tiger, Burning Bright – Gems of War
Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, little ball of Hate…

New Troop: Rakshanin

Occasionally some Raksha leave the Pridelands to find work as mercenaries. These wandering warriors are known as Rakshanin, and they have a reputation as fierce and honorable foes.

It’s likely that everybody’s favorite Raksha, Tau, began his journey as a Rakshanin, but sadly HE seemed to get sidetracked by his own ego. Most Rakshanin however do not have such amazingly-annoying personality defects.

To have a Rakshanin in your employ is more than a status symbol in Sword’s Edge, Blackhawk, and many other kingdoms; it is a statement of superiority, and yet, despite all the gold they earn as mercenaries, when a Rakshanin feels the “Call of the Pride” and returns home, he often simply gives the money away.

Balance Changes Behemoth * Mana Cost reduced from 15 to 14 * Base spell damage increased from 2 to 3 * Gems destroyed increased from 8 to 10 * Immense Trait effect increased from 3 to 4 Life on 4 or 5 Gem Matches The Behemoth has fallen behind a lot of other tanky troops lately, so we wanted to give him a nudge in the right direction, make him 20% cooler and more behemothic, and see how he fares. In particular, his Legendary Trait, Immense, now feels much more satisfying if you can cascade some 4/5 matches, and the increase in destroyed Gems from 8 to 10 nets you back just a couple more mana, and results in a little more board disruption that can have nice consequences for him and his team!

PVP Icon

PVP Rewards Reminder
With the PVP reset comes payouts in Souls for your efforts on the battlefield against other players. Remember, you’ll have until the next event to climb as high as you can and earn yourself some souls. Here’s what you can earn at each rank:

• * Rank 1: 300 Souls, 2000 Gold, 100 Glory, 10 Glory Keys
  • * Rank 2: 150 Souls, 1500 Gold, 50 Glory, 5 Glory Keys
  • * Rank 3: 80 Souls, 1000 Gold, 40 Glory
  • * Rank 4: 60 Souls, 900 Gold, 30 Glory
  • * Rank 5: 50 Souls, 800 Gold, 20 Glory
  • * Rank 6: 40 Souls, 700 Gold, 10 Glory
  • * Rank 7: 35 Souls, 600 Gold, 5 Glory
  • * Rank 8: 30 Souls, 500 Gold
  • * Rank 9: 25 Souls, 400 Gold
  • * Rank 10: 20 Souls, 300 Gold
  • * Rank 11: 16 Souls, 200 Gold
  • * Rank 12: 12 Souls, 100 Gold
  • * Rank 13: 8 Souls, 50 Gold
  • * Rank 14: 4 Souls, 10 Gold
  • * Rank 15: 1 Gold

Please note this Event only applies to Steam, iOS and Android versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

11 Likes

Nice buff for the Behemoth. May give him a try again.

4 Likes

Woo, Behemoth was in my go-to team for much of the mid-game… time to welcome him back with a big hug…

2 Likes

So Blackhawk will be the next Kingdom?

3 Likes

This is very exciting news about behemoth! I’m excited to put him back into rotation now, he was also a troop I ran a lot.

1 Like

My problem with Behemoth is that he doesn’t increase his attack at all. There are other troops (Abhorrath, Treant) that can both soak up damage and become more potent the longer they’re in play. Behemoth only does the former, so I don’t see myself building a team behind him.

1 Like

:newspaper: And he’s watching us all with the eeeeeye… of the Weekly Feedback Report! :gem::gem::gem:

There’s a new predator on the prowl that prefers his meat tough and chewy. Having a Rakshanin by your side is more than good, it’s grrrreat!

This fierce kitten one-ups his panther sistren Shadow-Hunter, by being able to choose his target, and for a lesser mana cost! While not as Agile, this Thundercat is **Fast**er, and more Stealthy in his performance. Making eliminating the hunter before he strikes a very difficult task.

In honor of his kingdom, the striped feline brings with him a strengthened Behemoth, now capable of withstanding even a tiger’s mighty blow. The behemoth will now crush 25% more of the board in his stampeding, leaving massacred foes in his wake.

If supporting one gargantuan beast isn’t enough for you, maybe the Arcane Mountain Traitstone could help. Wreak havoc upon the land with a near indestructible Gorgotha! Devour countless enemies with The Great Maw. Or finally enjoy a buffet of Marauders, courtesy of the Gob-Chomper.
If you’re looking for a head-start on the competition, I hear Sword’s Edge will be getting another friend soon, so a fully traited Wolf Knight might come in handy. But you didn’t hear that from me. :speak_no_evil:

:newspaper2: It’s the thrill of the fight, risin’ up to the challenge!.. and now that song’s stuck in my head… :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:

Match you next time!

11 Likes

Completely baffled as to what is next :sob:

3 Likes

would make sense if behemoth got stronger as he got more hp… like hydra in reverse.

2 Likes

I envy your hugging skiils. :astonished:

2 Likes

I can’t believe I am the first to pounce on this, but Behemoth is now

7 Likes

Oh I noticed, I just couldn’t comment on it in my post as it wouldn’t really be feedback to the actual news.
(The same reason I made no mention of Blackhawk.)

But I did find it rather amusing.

All of them are coming, but as to what’s next, who can say. :wink:

1 Like

For this quote alone I like this week’s event.

4 Likes

This troop seems so Epic. Why he is only Ultra-Rare?
An awesome Tiger with a katana. Why not switching with Salamander (also known as Charmander)?

1 Like

never got why salamander was a pridelands troop… doesn’t really fit in…

1 Like

Can’t wait to pump up The Great Maw…Finally the stone is right in front of my nose!! :smiley:

2 Likes

What I like the most about Behemoth’s buff? Another front line Impervious troop made viable !
We lack these, a lot !, I now count 4 of them : Behemoth, Skarnex, Herdmaster and Golem…

1 Like

All nerfs have been forgiven. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, he probably is Ultra-Rare because the game recently gave us so many Epic troops, just to balance it a little, maybe.

1 Like

I assume that this tiger skill will scale 2:1 health from the enemy he is attacking, possibly 3:1, any thoughts?

1 Like