Things That Make You Irrationally Angry

Scanning the forum and finding a post that asks me whats makes me irrationally angry (:D)

3 Likes

This one is a little long but it’s so specific that when it happens, you’ll know the exact feeling.

• Some kind of important match
  • Your Team;
  • Relies on one colour, say Blue in this scenario
  • 4 Troops that use Blue, or 3 and Valkyrie of course
  • Stormheim banner
  • The match;
  • starts with 5 or less Blue gems spread out
  • drops Blue and a horrenous rate
  • Blue is targeted by the AI, even if not used by it
  • Mana Surges do not exist for you, the AI on the other hand can barely get a non-Mana Surge match
  • You die within 4 moves, with nobody on your Team charged, bombarded into oblivion like you do to the AI over and over yourself

That’s right, the AI is getting revenge on you.

We are creating SkyNet.

Don’t build overpowered Teams.

2 Likes

That first sentence better explains a novice deck. Something a player can use to win at any level (and they aren’t guaranteed to win, they are easy to screw up) is vital to a game to reach maximum appeal.

The literal fact we post on a Forum about this game makes us “hardcore players”. 99% of the players of GoW are not “hardcore”.

2 Likes

When there’s only one match on the board that has a mana type I use, but if I take the match I can see that skulls will fall into position for the AI to match.

I decide that I’d rather miss out on 3 mana and dodge the skulls. So I match 3 of a color I don’t need, which the AI doesn’t need–waste my turn, basically, to avoid the skulls.

The dummy match I picked over the useful match then starts a cascade which drops skulls into place for the AI to match on the next turn.

I HATE THAT.

14 Likes

Lining up a gem match for your next turn and finish powering up your spell-damage dealer.

AI mana deprives you by taking only that match you lined up, regardless of it they needed it.

No more possibilities to ready spell for 3+ turns.

:slight_frown:

1 Like

When you log in every hour to collect your goodies, and three hours in a row you get less than two tributes.

1 Like

When you spent some time last night farming souls by doing challenges, and this morning you decided to do a PVP battle for something different.
You get paired with a level 1000 and the reward is 1400 gold. You immediately click battle, only to remember you forgot to take it off Warlord 4.

This happened to me this morning…

8 Likes

When you build a team around tyri but then you get mana starved so you can’t use her. Whe your team is built to protect tyri at all costs but she is still the first to die. When you build a team around tyri to fill her quickly and cast her repeatedly just to get no maps after casting 20 times.

3 Likes

The times that your mythic and traited Bone Dragon (finally!) fires off his/her spell, fills the board with skulls and BAM! No 4/5 matches. Now you sit there and watch the enemy eat your team with YOUR skulls. Big bummer.

4 Likes

When you get bone dragon to fire off and you get no 3 matches or higher.

2 Likes

God yes. this.

When you have your mana transform spell ready and already see 2 5+ matches it will make, but after the enemy turn there’s no possible match to be made so the board gets shuffled…
Well, maybe that one is not about angry. But really, really disappointed :wink:

1 Like

When game crashes after browsing the guild roster and promote/demote/kick a member. Bugs is there from the beginning.

1 Like

Oh, Royalty reminds me of THAT time :

When Mr. Royalty up there one shot my Black Beast with his Archer hero (3rd trait) and I had to take him on with summoned Spider Swarms insteaf, but my Game ended up crashing before I could finish him off :wink:

Ha! And that reminds me…

When your fighting a (much) higher level player in PvP and you have him down to his last guy and your phone says “20% left” and you think “no problem, I can finish him in that time” and 10 seconds later, while in the middle of your move, your phone shuts down.

machiknight, that was against you :slight_smile:

When you are up against Bone Dragon, all of your troops has low shield except from one, and he picks the one with most shield, killing your first two troops and youre done…

1 Like

Midgame, opponent’s Bone Dragon is fully charged.

No skulls on board.

Bone Dragon uses ability and selects the one troop with 0 armor.

HA! Take that Bone Dragon! SUCKER!!!

The few skulls created still make a match-5.

This is when I go and drop kick a baby.

2 Likes

When the AI turn takes excessively long.

A 4-match, a 4-match, a 3-match that cascades into a 5-match, Yasmine’s Chalice into a 10-or-more-green-gems extra turn, a 3-match into a miracle 3-match into a miracle 4-match, a Goblin Shaman Spirits & Spells setting up the board for another two enough-already 5-matches, an is-that-really-Yasmine’s-Chalice-again into another you-got-to-be-kidding-me extra turn, a that-does-it Boar Rider activating almost fast enough to make it past an Alt-F4 key press…

It’s like watching a movie. Or, more precisely, being forced to watch a movie, since you can’t tab out without pausing it. One that keeps tormenting you with yet another slow-motion replay of a scene you’ve already seen a dozen times. And one that you already know won’t have a happy ending. I’m sure I can hear the devs laughing whenever that happens.

7 Likes

What, you dont like it when the enemy turn goes on until your phone screen turns off? … :grimacing:

2 Likes

Quite thankfully, I’m playing on PC. It’s less suited for spontaneous airborne hardware incidents.