Question about the AI

This particular aspect of randomness has had me tearing my hair out. If you go back to Personette’s commentary in the Things that Make You Irrationally Angry thread, I have found that often there’s a skull match-3 on board which, if you take it, will then gift the A.I. an extra turn. What happens when you leave these booby-trapped skulls for the A.I. to take? Why of course it then gets lucky drops and extra turns completely out of the blue.

I note that 14 users also put a Like on Personette’s post, so I don’t think this is just a simple case of recall bias. When I changed tactics and decided to take the skulls and let the A.I get the extra move, a good chunk of the time it was now ME getting the lucky drops and extra turns that supposedly would have gone to the opponent.

But I still find it disturbing that the A.I. hint helper continually highlights moves that will DEFINITELY give it an extra turn if you take it. I know that I can turn the Hints off, but leaving them on adds a whole additional nuance of “Hey let’s play mind games with myself against the machine” which I otherwise wouldn’t have expected.

@evilbatwitch I agree with you and Talia. The mana denial in logic step #6 is the one thing beyond all other events that typically and painfully prolongs the duration of a match.

2 Likes