Things that make you angry while playing GoW

Was close of hitting my laptop screen this morning.

2 Likes

Still no warcoins and now you do this to me!?

26 Likes

Itā€™s even worse when you donā€™t find your second Raven in the first five floors, then buy a sigil just to find him in the first match right after.

1 Like

Look at this.

This game desperately needs a speed increase option past the current 4x. Itā€™s already a chore to watch the AI cheat itself extra turns for a minute even at that speed, especially when its any and every time the AI has any troop that causes board manipulation, ie gem spawns, doubling, or jumbling the board for itself. Iā€™m level 1340 so I know it actively cheats, false flags falling 3 matches as extra turns for the AI, and encourages cascades of free skulls for itself to ensure killing first slot even at level 40 world event stuff. Also, maybe design your weekly challenges for the troops you actually fight in the weekly events. You would think that killing dwarves for the highest event wouldnā€™t mean going to grind explores for no reason on top of PVP and events each week. Gems devs practically owe me a controller for this sorta garbage design.

2 Likes

So I get Zaejin up to Level 21.

Today I get a Daily Deal offer to ā€œHelp Zaejin towards Power Level 22ā€

To advance Zaejin further, I need to ā€œunlock 3 traits on 31 Zaejin troopsā€ which the game itself tells me is ā€œNot even achievable yetā€.

I have 167 Giant Toadstools at Level 20.

Perhaps someone can explain how, exactly this deal is supposed to ā€œhelpā€ me"ā€¦? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Come on, Devs, at least include a check in your code that looks to see if advancing a kingdom can be done in the first place instead of pi$$ing off your customers with a useless dealā€¦

4 Likes

The reason is the 3rd requirement: Upgrade 5 {Kingdom} troops to Elite Level Bronze

This is a known issue where the game offers you troops until you medal 5 troops. Whether this is ā€œworking as intendedā€ or a bug has been discussed ad nauseum in the forum. The ā€œfixā€ for now is to get that requirement out of the way. Once you do, you should stop seeing troop deals that absolutely do not help you.

Either that or wait for GoW to change the code so that Elite Level requirements do not spawn troop offers.

3 Likes

I got money on the Covid pandemic being over before that happens.

2 Likes

Yeah this one pisses me off pretty massively. I had to do it for Karakoth as wellā€¦

1 Like

Oh, great. So, in order to (hopefully!) get Deals on the Pets I actually need to level other Kingdoms, Iā€™ve got to spend Medals on boosting troop levelsā€¦ :poop:

Iā€™m not going to be holding my breath waiting for thatā€¦! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Must be over 100 Vault keys now without getting the legendary eggface troop. About to explode like a fire bomb here.

5 Likes

Same. Would love an extremely expensive way to craft it at this point. I would gladly trade 5 vault keys for a guaranteed HoR at this point.

3 Likes

Given 20+ keys are easily farmable in a single vault event, that is doing it real cheap. I think the going rate for keys is 2-4 keys per week (World Event, Faction Assault, Weekend event).

Would you accept 10 cedrics for one HoR?

1 Like

You must have fantastic drop rates. Or spent the entire weekend playing. Or both. Most people donā€™t even come close to 20 keys.
Iā€™d rather they admit the drop rate is screwed. Because there is no other explanation for me getting 17 Cedrics and 0 HOR. None.

2 Likes

Doing the Dungeon Battles today but forgetting to check the Campaign Tasks first, thus wasting a dayā€¦ :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Oh its fine. We donā€™t actually get to do the dungeon battles until weā€™ve done a full adventure board clear three days straight ā€¦

6 Likes

ā€œWin five Explore runs in Suncrest at difficulty 10 or higher.ā€

So beating a miniboss with <100 Mythstones ticks the counter upward. Do the same thing with enough mythstones to unlock a mythic boss, but lose the extra battle? Here, letā€™s spoon on some extra insult, you donā€™t deserve progress you miserable failure.

Would maybe be a little less infuriating if these cheap first-turn-kill mythic teams were optional at >100 mythstones.

6 Likes

Yeah. I did those tooā€¦ :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Wakes up, logs in, sees pet battles: Iā€™ll do those after AB

Fights 5 battles, game crashes, because itā€™s Xbox: g r r r

Logs in, sees pet battles: Iā€™m still not ready for those

Clicks on it anyway, but sees I havenā€™t fought Dungeons yet: Iā€™ll do Dungeons 1st

Fights 1st Dungeon, realizes AB not finished: g r r r

Goes back to sleep after posting on forums: No rush, Iā€™ll finish Campaign two days from now. Maybe Xbox glitch will be fixed by then.

6 Likes